JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ahh to be free from the oppression of the small minded libs who have codified the possibility of success out of existence and ruined a once great state... California, a great place to be from.

Bill Whittle is my new hero !! :yes: My goodness, If we could get just one politician to speak like that, it'd be like a f'en tidal wave, the libs wouldn't stand a chance. That's the best thing I've seen in a long time. Talk about a man with abilities that are under appreciated, that boy has some linguistic talent. :s0155:

Hey ZigZagZek, After posting I went back and watched several other videos of this guy and I gotta say great post, this boy is good.

Drove through California once. Near LA, some wing nut started throwing beer cans out of his car window at my truck. Lots of hostile, angry, stupid people down there. We need to build a fence around the populated areas and declare it a prison. No one comes out.

With two exceptions I liked it; yes, you do have the obligation to work safely because if you don't you endanger others. Your right to be a jerk ends when it endangers others. More than one person has been hurt or even killed on the job because a coworker did something stupid.

As for fires in California, there is a reason for that:

090831-04-station-wildfire-los-angeles_big.jpg

Even here in Oregon we have had to deal with coastal fires and fires people started on the beach. Fires get going in the driftwood and they can be really hard to put out. They can then spread up to the brush above the beach.

In short, a lot of those laws, rules and regulations are there because there are a lot of careless people. California has a LOT of people, so they have a larger amount of careless people.

Not saying most of what he said isn't true, but some of it is not, and the bit about fires was actually a pretty stupid thing to say.

As with many rants, once the ranter gets going, sometimes they don't stop to think about what they are saying.

Lived there my first 31 years.. Cali seems to attract a large number of whackos.. but the reality is you can't fix stupid with laws (unless it ends swiftly, with the death penalty, but that's "mean spirited") :rolleyes:

The problem is too many people combined with and increasing percentage them who never learn any common sense (doesn't require intelligence). Unfortunately as the number of stupid people increase they cause a disproportionate amount of harm to others when they do something stupid, it becomes hard not to want to address this with new laws.

For example, my family was always into fireworks in a big way, my brother's and I were taught early and firmly (often by a knuckle rap to the head) not to do stupid things with fireworks. Because of this I always opposed laws restricting fireworks. However in the last 5 years, 2 family members have had their houses burnt to the ground, not by kids, but by adult neighbors who should know better, doing stupid things with fireworks. Just last year a group just up the street from me were shooting off mortars and bottle rockets, the problem was they were doing so, straight into a tree canopy 60' up, from trees growing on their own property. Isn't the whole point of mortars to watch the pretty explosion they make up in the air, how the hell do you not notice they are exploding inside a tree cover.

I agree with Blitz, laws are a poor way to manage stupidity, on the other with so much stupidity what do we have left. On a side note, I am moving as soon as I can afford to.

I worked down there off & on from 1986-1993 (with the wife and kids in WA, we migrated from Florida. In all the time I spent there it seemed to me that people (90%) would try and take advantage of anyone from out of state, my brand new F250 got keyed from bumper to bumper one day. I was there to make money (a lot) and after time it just proved not to be worthy enough for me to be in a place that I hated and was hated.

God forbid I EVER have to go down there again!!!

That video reminds me of why I moved.

I grew up on the beach, lived my first 43 years in socal. Moved when they started up the ten day waiting period, but not just for that reason. They were putting pressure on the beach cities to ban fires in the fire pits, all under the bs reason of air quality. At the beach no less, the whole do it for the children act. There were just too many people for my liking. Most were libs hell-bent on telling everyone how to live and what to do. I still have family there but never go back to visit. They come visit me and don't want to leave.

Yes, I still were flip-flops.

I was born in Stockton, CA when it was a sleepy little agricultural/college town in the California that Steinbeck wrote about. Over the next 50 years I watched as people from the East Coast moved into places like SF and LA, and began to spread out to the hinterlands. By 2000 the place had become unlivable. My new native Oregonian wife hated the place and so we moved to Oregon. Oregon is undergoing the same invasion now that I saw in CA 30 years ago. I hope I'm gone before we have to move to Idaho, Montana (maybe too late already) or Alaska.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top