JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Brother's shop is on east Pacific just east of that area. The Catholic Church is buying up all those old warehouse buildings and converting them to homeless shelters. The area has never been great but between the homeless shelters (if you build it, they will come) and the Pot stores, the area has become much more dangerous. My dad owned Spokane Parcel and the building right on Division and Pacific and a couple of other buildings going a few blocks east. Not to become political.......(why not?) the Catholic Church (not the people) has been a problem in America for a long time. I buy a lot of federal government equipment. One time in San Diego I bought a few Border Patrol vehicles from one of there yards in San Ysidro, the custodian pointed to a huge facility on the ridge above it. He said it was a Catholic Church "safe House" that the border patrol and INS was forbidden to enter. It sheltered not only illegals but many wanted illegal felons that used it as a place to elude law enforcement. I did a little study and found the Church had that kind of facility all around the country. All of those proprieties come off the tax roll as well costing the rest of us huge loss in tax revenue. Makes me want to fondle my Oliver Cromwell era sword just thinking about it.
Yep that area down there is bad there is people walking around all night long and that railroad tunnel is full of Homeless at night and like I said they just walk or run back a forth across the street I have almost hit people a few times there and a lot of bars in that area also

Women's be social creatures and in fact they like other women along in social events. I didnt' demand of my wife that she get a gun permit but explained to her that neither I nor the police will be there if she is attacked so she should get training if she wants to survive. I traveled with my work and she would end up driving to join me with our kid in the car long distances.

On her own she got friends together and started shooting then she and her two best friends went in to get ccw permits back when you had to shoot a gun to get one. From then on in her travels she carried a Smith 36 then a Glock 26 and I never had to prod her a bit. She liked living in safety.

Yep that area down there is bad there is people walking around all night long and that railroad tunnel is full of Homeless at night and like I said they just walk or run back a forth across the street I have almost hit people a few times there and a lot of bars in that area also
Great idea........let's legalize Dope......we experiance the same thing in downtown Portland, Eureka California, it was so bad one day in Garberville California (that used to be a great small logging town) that we thought we were in some sort of zombie movie.

You could say the same about Elma, WA, I also travel to the Devils pit (Olympia) quite often but I stay prepared, always... :D
My dad owned truck companies for 6 decades. Whether driving or just in and out of the shop and places at all hours of the night, he carried a tire thumper (small bat) or a tire iron. He used it occasionally, once at one of his shops on east Pacific in Spokane when he interrupted the theft of frozen turkey's he had bought as Christmas presents for the employees. He hit the guy once in the arm and he went down. When the cops came (Dad knew all of them) the guy was really happy to be "rescued"

Chewelah is not too bad .but I do know they have there share of drugs meth from what I hear even north in Coleville when I would go there the kids at the store would tell me about it .but it's that way every where now .the good thing about small towns is everyone knows everyone so you know who is bad and who is good

My dad owned truck companies for 6 decades. Whether driving or just in and out of the shop and places at all hours of the night, he carried a tire thumper (small bat) or a tire iron. He used it occasionally, once at one of his shops on east Pacific in Spokane when he interrupted the theft of frozen turkey's he had bought as Christmas presents for the employees. He hit the guy once in the arm and he went down. When the cops came (Dad knew all of them) the guy was really happy to be "rescued"
I have a tire thumper also along with other stuff

I traveled for 15+ years contracting on big $$$ jobs from Florida to Texas to California to Idaho then WA. I always had my head on a swivel (from Army training) had a 12 gauge and a pistol strategically placed in my work truck but always had a metal tool close if a situation arose.
I had to draw it once in La Puente, Ca.:eek:

Funny story years ago I was doing the Starbucks route in Spokane .me and another guy we would deliver at night we had keys and alarm code to all the Starbucks . well they decided to change the alarm codes one day and forgot to give us the code .so frist stop we got in and couldn't turn off the alarm the cops show up we explained what happened do the delivery go to next store same thing cops come again lol .so we give the cops a list of the stores and the order we will be going . tell them if the alarm goes off in this order it's us .if it goes off out of order it's not us lol .the cops where just laughed at us .but starbStar got charged 55 dollars from the alarm company for like 16 false alarms LOL

Funny thing is out of the 70 or 80 something drivers we have about half have there CPL but can't carry gun in the truck hell we all go through background checks before we get hired because we are in the stores late at night or when the stores are closed

I shot a guy once in Phoenix. When I owned my truck company, we had a monthly run from Payette Idaho to that miserable town. I would frequently drive it as it was an impossible place to get freight out of and the drivers hated it. I usually deadheaded to LA and enjoyed getting out of the office. One of those ungodly hot nights I was parked behind one of the few places in town semi's were allowed to park...the circle K......when you limit where semi's can park, you concentrate crime in those areas, Hookers, drug sales and whatever anyone can get away with. I was trying to sleep in one of my cabover Freightliner's sleepers with the windows down praying for a breeze. I was maby 1/4 asleep when the cab rocked, I was mostly naked as I swung my 1911 from under the pillow just in time to meet a guy knife in hand swinging into my drivers seat. I intended to shoot past him....in any event, he tumbled out of the cab and ran off. When the cops came they were really upset that he wasn't laying there. (Why didn't you kill him?) .....they had to track him by a blood trail. It seems, I had "pierced" his ear with a nearly perfect 1/2 inch hole. He was on some sort of drugs and didn't even realize he had been shot. They took a report and I never heard any more of it.

I shot a guy once in Phoenix. When I owned my truck company, we had a monthly run from Payette Idaho to that miserable town. I would frequently drive it as it was an impossible place to get freight out of and the drivers hated it. I usually deadheaded to LA and enjoyed getting out of the office. One of those ungodly hot nights I was parked behind one of the few places in town semi's were allowed to park...the circle K......when you limit where semi's can park, you concentrate crime in those areas, Hookers, drug sales and whatever anyone can get away with. I was trying to sleep in one of my cabover Freightliner's sleepers with the windows down praying for a breeze. I was maby 1/4 asleep when the cab rocked, I was mostly naked as I swung my 1911 from under the pillow just in time to meet a guy knife in hand swinging into my drivers seat. I intended to shoot past him....in any event, he tumbled out of the cab and ran off. When the cops came they were really upset that he wasn't laying there. (Why didn't you kill him?) .....they had to track him by a blood trail. It seems, I had "pierced" his ear with a nearly perfect 1/2 inch hole. He was on some sort of drugs and didn't even realize he had been shot. They took a report and I never heard any more of it.
Been there the circle k truck stop that is once and only once I used to go to Phoenix alot

My Brother's shop is on east Pacific just east of that area. The Catholic Church is buying up all those old warehouse buildings and converting them to homeless shelters. The area has never been great but between the homeless shelters (if you build it, they will come) and the Pot stores, the area has become much more dangerous. My dad owned Spokane Parcel and the building right on Division and Pacific and a couple of other buildings going a few blocks east. Not to become political.......(why not?) the Catholic Church (not the people) has been a problem in America for a long time. I buy a lot of federal government equipment. One time in San Diego I bought a few Border Patrol vehicles from one of there yards in San Ysidro, the custodian pointed to a huge facility on the ridge above it. He said it was a Catholic Church "safe House" that the border patrol and INS was forbidden to enter. It sheltered not only illegals but many wanted illegal felons that used it as a place to elude law enforcement. I did a little study and found the Church had that kind of facility all around the country. All of those proprieties come off the tax roll as well costing the rest of us huge loss in tax revenue. Makes me want to fondle my Oliver Cromwell era sword just thinking about it.
If you're talking about taxing all religions as any other citizen, I agree. If you're singling our Catholics I do not agree, and wag my finger. All churches need to pay their share in taxes!

You are right tho, Catholics are notorius for harboring people we might disapprove of, for example nazis (but that's kinda part of their basis).

I heard a funny thing on the radio yesterday .the guy said you want to know the difference between using a gun in self defense .in the North like NEW YORK and South like TEXAS . when you shoot some one in New York the cops ask WHY DID YOU SHOOT HIM.and when you shoot someone in TEXAS. the cops ask what did he do to get shot lol.

If you're talking about taxing all religions as any other citizen, I agree. If you're singling our Catholics I do not agree, and wag my finger. All churches need to pay their share in taxes!

You are right tho, Catholics are notorius for harboring people we might disapprove of, for example nazis (but that's kinda part of their basis).
I wouldn't single out the Catholics for taxation but they are the largest (?) landowner outside the government in the US. We Presbyterian's don't own enough property for it to effect us much.

I wouldn't single out the Catholics for taxation but they are the largest (?) landowner outside the government in the US. We Presbyterian's don't own enough property for it to effect us much.
The Mormon church is pretty big also but not as big as the Catholic Church

Then i'm with you on that one! I'm especially upset with those TV preachers and their churches, I say tax them like any other marketable business (since that is how they behave, like a business).

Same goes for profits from non-profits. Use their money to help people or lose it, i'm sure we could do some road repair with the proceeds.

Back on point, and sorry for digressing, but I should mention that even driving around Sprague didn't bother my GF... Guess she is desensitized having grown up near enough to 82nd.
One day she'll think it's a good idea to carry, hopefully before she really needs to.

The non profit system is one of the biggest scams in the history of our country......totally phoney made up to scam the tax payers. The other program that bothers me is the scam of the entire insurance industry. It is simply a legalized ponzi scheme that preys on people's fears. Any other industry doing similar business would have it's participants doing long prison sentences.

The non profit system is one of the biggest scams in the history of our country......totally phoney made up to scam the tax payers. The other program that bothers me is the scam of the entire insurance industry. It is simply a legalized ponzi scheme that preys on people's fears. Any other industry doing similar business would have it's participants doing long prison sentences.
Not to mention healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry in America, I mean give me a break!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top