Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I call B.S.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gallogiro, Jul 9, 2013.

1. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

So I was talking with a co-worker that I scored some .22lr on my lunch. This other lady I work with butts in, who I have always assumed is full of it, mentions that her and her husband are avid gun collectors. At first I think, cool. But then she says she has over 300 firearms and at one point the "feds" came to their door and told them they could not buy anymore guns for 2 years, haha. I told her that's BS, I've never heard of that.

Anyone want to chime in on this? Is there a limit on how many you can buy in a certain year?

2. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Tualatin, Oregon Active Member

I have never heard of this but am interested if it is true. I know the feds frown upon selling too many firearms, but buying I have no idea.

3. gallogiro

So I figured I would troll the troll and went to chit chat about her gun collection.

Did you know, she has a Dan Wesson .357 revolver with a 2.46 inch barrel that was made by Dan Wesson before they merged with Smith to create Smith and Wesson? hahahaha. Pretty rare piece, new in the box.. worth $4k. Wow, I am too shocked to even laugh out loud. I go along with it and then she mentions she has 6 of them.
    :jawdrop:

"Surely you bought them in a lot with all 6, right?"

"Nope, travelled the country and bought each one individually."

**leans in and whispers** "We even have a semi-auto"

"Really, that's amazing. Wait, is it semi-auto or full-auto?"

"One of each."

Someone have any questions you want me to ask her just for bubblegumsngiggles to see what she replies? Who knew compulsive liars could be so much fun.

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Subscribed & yes it is BS...

5. gallogiro

Oh, there's more, haha. Appearently she has an FFL because she has such a huge gun collection she was required to get it. She's pretty excited because her 2 years are almost up and she can start collecting again.

It throws you off because she knows some terms that make it slightly credible. I'm sure she has the rest of the staff fooled.

solv3nt and (deleted member) like this.
  6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Sounds like she is someone who always has to make up a story to top everyone else.

gallogiro and (deleted member) like this.
  7. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

why not just ask her to do a ffl sale across state lines? excuse=lier or she is telling the truth and sale goes through then you have the true answer

8. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ask her if she has bought a brass magnet yet. They really help pick up all of those empty shells off the ground.
    Saves your back from stooping over.

9. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I was going to say that she may be a Sociopath, but then I kept reading and realized she's not smart enough to be one. She's just speaking BS.

10. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

You should ask her about her tax stamps.

11. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

Or, you could just realize how empty her life must be to blatantly shovel so much crqp and walk away feeling pity for her.

Long ago I had fun w/ a co-worker just like this, baiting and taunting all the live long day. Eventually I just grew to pity him, and realized what a heartless basterd I had been to tease the disadvantaged. It is not good for you to play too hard with the short-bus riders.

12. gallogiro

Yeah, you are completely right. I shouldn't taunt her. I generally don't like to mess with people but I wanted to grill her a bit and see if there was any truth to her story. I think drew is right, this is a case of trying to one-up someone elses story. She's no short-bus rider though, she's a smart lady, just likes to spew BS. There have been other instances in the past where I look at her and I'm just like, really?? But this just confirmed it in stone that she is a compulsive liar.

Things I remember from the past:

She was once married to a top dog from the hells angels.
    Has a demon tattoo on her Vag where the mouth of the demon is her.. you get the picture. lol
    Her dog is a purebred wolf, took a long time to domesticate.
    Speaks fluent German.
    Takes down a big elk every year from somewhere out east. (keep in mind she waddles around here because of back pain.)

Those are just off the top of my head, so many stories though. Ok, I'll be good from now on, no more trolling the troll.

13. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

Sorry, I had a different mental picture. I imagined a pathetic liar not a compulsive one. Have a field day, use a co-conspirator to have a conversation where you take turns lying and watch her break her back trying to one-up you. I did this once with a good buddy and the dude wound up claiming to have climbed Mt Everest Solo, that was fun.

14. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Agreed, knock yourself out!

15. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Tell her you can make your head explode.

16. Mezzovex

Mezzovex Sherwood Active Member

I do this to temps at work all the time! I send them searching and asking people for it. My coworkers play in and tell them that somebody else has it. Finally somebody hands the poor temp something and tells him that's it. XD

17. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

LOL, time-honored military tradition too...

"Go get a bucket of jetwash", "I need fifty yards of flightline"...

kburr64 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

You should ask if she knew that Dan Wesson was heir to the Wesson Oil empire but he thought the gun business made him feel less greasy than the family business???

Brutus Out

Speaking of jet wash....an F18 just flew overhead.

19. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Do we work together? Does her name start with an "M"? Has she claimed to have shot someone while on the SWAT team as a medic, then saved the person she shot and rode to the hospital with her victim/patient in the helicopter after having kicked the flight nurse off? Did she claim to have been "blocks away" from the Boston bombing? She sounds familiar....

20. gallogiro

Haha, no that's not her! Good story though, I'm sure there is one at every company.