JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few days after the initial mask lift in Oregon I was in a grocery store in Lapine and I noticed an incredibly beautiful lady shopping in the store as well.

Well as I was in line checking out I noticed she had pushed her cart in behind me and only then I realized she was not wearing a mask, nor was I - yet probably 99% of the rest in the store were.

I looked at her and said, ' It sure is nice to finally see a pretty smile' to which she thanked me and we started a nice convo that spilled out into the parking lot.

Turns out she was a nurse from a small Southern Oregon town, VERY conservative and had some very interesting opinions on covid in general. She seemed to be very relieved to be speaking to someone who agreed with her.
Trying to figure out what to say after I tell my wife.."Look what followed me home !"

At the store today picking up camping supplies, I stroll by the ammo shelf and they have nearly all the popular calibers in stock. Still a limit or two boxes per caliber, but apparently Tula 223 can go up to 5 according to the clerk.

When I was in the parking lot, other customers were excited about recently lifted mask mandates, shouting "Freedom!" to each other in passing.

An interesting combination of events...

-Robert
Haven't bought ammo amidst this blight, hardly. Some Aussie stuff to try & some AK food, but that was literally at about the start.

Have been keeping an eye on pricing / availability on occassion via the webs.

SGammo looks to have ammunition in stock several days now, at lowering prices. Reputable ammo.

Not pallets, however is staying in stock. Whereas a short bit ago you'd get Sam's email, and by the time you took a look, everything was sold out...

So, barring some new comeuppance or other upheaval, we are into the down side of the blight. Not over, by any means. Just headed towards the downside.

Once the "big" online dealers keep getting reputable ammunition, and it stays in inventory, AND similar stays on shelves locally, we'll likely see prices tank. Will prices go as low as "before"? That will take a long while of "normalcy"...

As others mentioned, likely once primers are in stock, AND remain consitantly so. True telltale of downside.

Edit, adding: Reloaded 100 9mm while the coffee was brewing. $11 of components. Powders & primers bought "before", projectiles bought "during", brass we pick up regardless...

Last Edited:
Freedom is nice, but remember Kate gave herself emergency powers through the end of the year. Keep one (1) eye on all of these "Delta" Covid stories that are now starting to pop up...

FWIW, I heard that 63 deaths in Oregon are attributed to last week's heat wave.

Haven't bought ammo amidst this blight, hardly. Some Aussie stuff to try & some AK food, but that was literally at about the start.

Have been keeping an eye on pricing / availability on occassion via the webs.

SGammo looks to have ammunition in stock several days now, at lowering prices. Reputable ammo.
SG is the main place I keep looking at to see how things are going. I see now that not only is the stuff not selling out the list is growing daily on what they have. Even .22 ammo now. I do think its funny that the daily posts about how we will not see ammo for years suddenly stopped now that US made 9mm is $18 a box :s0140:
The places sitting on tons of the stuff who were watching the market should soon start to dump it before it gets too low and that always cascades when it starts. We should soon see personal ad's for ammo at more than you can order for from people who waited too long just like the last one.
One other place just sent me an E-mail with big flashing announcement to tell me they have US made 9 for $500 a case get it while I can. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top