JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger Bear Cat for my wife to shoot and to teach our 11 year old grandson to shoot. I showed it to her tonight. She suggested that we needed to talk it over with his school to see if it was OK with them!!
She said, "Well I thought since he might say something at school about it they should know"!!
I told her it was none of their business!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Why should the school care if a child goes shooting, plays basketball, or snowboards? They are all recreational activities.

Ruger Bear Cat for my wife to shoot and to teach our 11 year old grandson to shoot. I showed it to her tonight. She suggested that we needed to talk it over with his school to see if it was OK with them!!
She said, "Well I thought since he might say something at school about it they should know"!!
I told her it was none of their business!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to send your wife for some remedial training. Perhaps a refresher course in 'individualism' would be a good start.
I'm only joking of course, but it does give me a serious pause as to why any adult would even entertain a such an action.

See how easily people can be corrupted this way?
I suggest taking here TV and internet away for a month.
Or just letting her see right wing media and RKBA and 2A sights

Sheeese the poor kid would be watched like a hawk every day.

Sadly he will not only be watched, but knowing how ridiculous things are getting he will probably be added to a homeland security or school "watch list" of some kind.

none of their business anyway.

Maybe I won't take him shooting!!

He's been cutting stuff up around the house, just this morning I found knife cuts in one of our kitchen drawers, last night I found a pop can all cut up. He's been beating the cutting edges of good knives together and that ruins them of course. I found another box with new knife cuts in it too. Then there's a box that's been around for a couple years with hundreds of cuts in it. He's always liked to play with sticks as though they were swords but this is now to the dangerous point even from my point of view!!

I had it set up last year to get him in to see a school counselor for other problems but my wife wouldn't make an appointment, now I guess I'll have to do it before he starts cutting himself, the cats or people!!

BTW: he'll be 12 next month.

I was leaning one way until your second post above. And I try to consider all sides. Boys cut things. I did. My son did. And my GF's 14 year old with marksman and hunter safety class under his belt, who hunts unsupervised with his country hick buddies, cuts things with ninja stars and throwing knives (by the way, they cook and eat what they kill - yuck). But not part of the house, and certainly not damaging the cutlery.

When you say "other problems," and seeking counseling, hmmm... Without getting too nosy, perhaps there are other issues to be addressed before introducing a firearm to the equation. I'm not saying he needs a BB gun or airsoft first, without knowing more. But maybe that's a more cautious increment before going straight to something lethal by design.

I'm all for stable kids learning about guns. It's how lots of us grew up. But between your two posts, there are unanswered questions most of us here are probably not sufficiently informed to address.

I can relate to your desire to share a healthy all American hobby. But for now, erring on the side of caution might not be a bad idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top