JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
But don't worry too much. I kept the original barrel unmolested. But I really wanted to suppress the 1903 colt. Per some serial checking this is a 1919 manufacture date. Bought a threaded barrel. Put the original aside.

image.jpg

I can't wait to take it out. I could use two suppressors. One is a sico omega9 the other is a specwar 7.62 rifle can. I doubt the latter would cycle but part of me wonders about how quiet is possible. And before anyone asks I made sure that the specwar has clearance per sico.

I can't wait to take it out. I could use two suppressors. One is a sico omega9 the other is a specwar 7.62 rifle can. I doubt the latter would cycle but part of me wonders about how quiet is possible. And before anyone asks I made sure that the specwar has clearance per sico.

Damn!!! Lmao good luck man, whichever you chose aiming down the sights just might be a bit tricky.

There is something to be said for ridiculously quiet pistols!!! I say go that way....at least once!

The omega 9k on that would be classy I think. In an old school industrial sort of way.

It's a Colt. I say anything you do to it HAS to be an improvement.

Duck. :D
You slander St. John Moses Browning.

I seriously have a weird love of .32 acp. Probably more than is healthy. I own 4 colts. The newest is from 1951. Oddly it's the only revolver. the others are turn of the 20th century. Now those are works of art.

The .22wmr buntline is the 51. It's great but not in the same league as the old ones.

My pre woodsman was spitting out 3 inch groups with me at 50 yards. Only .22 I own that never jams.

Last Edited:
For a civilian model... meh!
Although I really think you should reblue that slide if you're going to put a new barrel in it. Show it some love!
Good on ya for keeping the original grips tho.
:s0155:

I can't tell you how many of those have run thru my hands in .32 and the later 1908s. As an LEO in the '60s people would give them away as the older folks passed on. You could also buy them for under $25. My dad carried one in the 20-'30s strapped on the steering column of his Buick as she traveled the CA roadways in the days of real highway robbers. He claimed it saved his bacon twice as he sped by the roadblock and fired a couple in the air. Sleeping in the desert with a buddy, he woke up first, looked over at him and saw a rattler curled up near his head for warmth. Dad crept over, pointed the Colt and killed the snake. His pal came out of the sleeping bag like a rabbit, thinking Dad was trying to shoot him! Dad held up the snake and settled that issue. That 1903 resides with my sister and I have one in near pristine shape along with the holster. The weight, size and balance of the 1903-1908 are superb! The sights are awful, but it isn't a target weapon. Would love to see someone make a replica with updated sights and a relocated mag release. LOVE that pistol!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top