JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally took the plunge anticipating an all out ban on semiautos (I tend to be a pessimist); and, I bought my first—revolver. This is uncharted territory for me. I grew up shooting the SW J frame my grandpa carried. I guess because I didn't grow up in the era of wheelguns they're unremarkable to me. That said, my interest has been piqued as I grow older and as the political climate seems to be worsening.

Do any of you revolver gurus have any tips for me? I'm more so looking for insight into CCW, grip technique (as compared to modern "thumbs forward" grips), etc.

I picked up a Charter Arms Pitbull in .45acp because due to the primer shortage I began reloading .45acp: I have an M&P .45. It is in my price range and was put on my radar by another forum member to whom I'm thankful. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I finally took the plunge anticipating an all out ban on semiautos (I tend to be a pessimist); and, I bought my first—revolver. This is uncharted territory for me.

There's a lot of people doing this right now. Revolvers and Lever rifles.

I have a revolver. They are extremely accurate and easy to use. I've never thought about technique much because revolver came naturally to me. Glocks on the other hand...

I shoot both, but admittedly shoot much more SA handguns. Revolvers do indeed require some grip adjustment among other things. They shoot well but I EDC a Glock. I like having more rounds available. :)

I shoot both, but admittedly shoot much more SA handguns. Revolvers do indeed require some grip adjustment among other things. They shoot well but I EDC a Glock. I like having more rounds available. :)

Same, I've got Glocks coming out of my ears but if an all out ban passes I still want to be able to shoot in public without getting hauled off to the gulag.

I'm about to get back into archery. Just need to find what suits the budget decked out.

Actually need to strengthen the shoulders and get away from louder noises. I wanna be like John Rambo.

When Oregon appeared to be heading the semi auto ban route a few years ago, pushed me to revolvers too. High capacity 7 and 8 round .357's.

Ive been known to carry this little beast, Taurus 617 a 7 shot .357 with Altamont grips, gotta love wheel guns... They may be more prominent in our future's...

7C408EC4-C6BE-44E9-A72E-3B5DB39DC38C.jpeg

First they came for the semi-autos... then they came for the revolvers, pump actions, and lever guns.... then they came for the black powder kits... then they came for the pocket knives.... and then finally they came for me, but I had nothing left with which to fight them back.

Last Edited:
First they came for the semi-autos... then they came for the revolvers, pump actions, and lever guns.... then the came for the black powder kits... then they came for the pocket knives.... and then finally they came for me, but I had nothing left with which to fight them back.

I believe appearing to be compliant while doing the contrary is our best strategy at this point. Machiavelli's The Prince will become more relevant than in years past.

Learn to shoot double action. Only.
And carry lead semi-wadcutters, NOT hardball.. to make any HP go fast enough to expand would shorten the gun's lifespan to approximately five rounds.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top