JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
25% of the asking price? So you dont think that $250 offer on a $1000 item would be a "low ball" offer?

This is one of those "offers" that will NOT get a reply from me. Period. If you have the cajones to insult me with some BS like this, I think I will just bite my tongue and not even waste my breath, or time, on you.

When I don't reply to your "offer" of something similar to this example, reevaluate what you sent me and up your "offer" if you want to even start a "convo". Don't get PO'd at me for not replying to something like this.

There are reasonable offers that warrant a reply "thanks, but that is a little too low" and there are offers that don't warrant effort on my part.

Last Edited:
Well, reading this thread was tossing several minutes of my life out the window...Thanks, Captain Obvious, er...Supreme Commander...er...your Highness...for the redundancy on a topic covered over and over again.

See Jim I'm not really a fish. Rather than arguing about it I'm saying there's nothing to argue about. I guess it could be argued that that in fact is an argument, however I would argue against that

Hard to say what I would offer but considering a BH in .45 LC is not as desirable as one in say .357 or a collectable like a .41 mag the price will no doubt reflect that. If one really WANTS a BH in .45 LC then someone might be inclined to pay a little more but I'll bet he'll be lucky to get $500 for it and then only because it is complete with box & paperwork.

What cracks me up is when I have an item listed, say $350 and I get the response "What is your rock bottom price?" If someone starts at say $250, I may start negotiating, but if they ask what my Rock Bottom is, then I have every right to ask what their top dollar is. I tend not to get replies to those. I've already anchored my position by listing a price, as required, in the ad. My BATNA (I'm by no means a skilled negotiator) is to keep my item, unless you start getting in the price realm for an adult conversation.

I've listed items high, and had someone say things like "I just got the same thing at the gun show for X less". Well good for you. Not everyone maybe goes to that gun show (or is a member and can buy, or wants to pay the entrance fee, etc.). I have no issue if people want to object to my pricing, but if you do so, please do it in a PM. If you do it in the ad itself, then it makes other buys think my item is overpriced (which it may not be to them, and you are interfering with my sale).

I've learned to buy as cheap as I can, try to stay patient, and never buy something I'm ok if I can never sell.

So here is a typical ... SNIPPED
So how much would you offer if you wanted the gun?o_O

I had A Desire. For just this same revolver, only in the more serious length of 7.5", I bought a nice clean used, over the counter, for $500., with box, with the nice little Ruger sack to protect the seperate cylinder.

I (personally) consider anything less in barrel length, for 45 Colt, to be a waste of metal.... I want that round to develop its ~Potential~ by traveling a couple more inches... It makes a great match to my Rossi M92 in 45 Colt.

However, that is where buyer meets Seller, Specifics. Beyond that, most of the posts in this Redundant Thread are not worth the poor Electrons being shoved through cyber space... How many time does this conversation get presented ~In a Year~??????

philip :s0036:

I really can't believe adults care about this enough to start a thread about it.....even though there are only 10 in the archives:rolleyes:
As adults,you need to understand there are other adults who get their panties in a bunch over just about anything.
Then you just walk away:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads