JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I applied at Oregon Armored Service because i thought it seemed like a pretty decent/interesting job and Iv talked to a few people who work there and they say its a good place to work.. has anyone had experience with this line of work or this company? :D

No it was at Loomis Fargo & Co. about 4 years ago. There were guys who worked at all of the local companies and it was more of an industry problem than a specific company.

Are you talking about team armored truck work, or the solo van that fills remote ATM machines? Lots of turnover there. Low wages for a demanding position. The company is run on the cheap, and doesn't even cut the weeds around its "bunker."

I interviewed for the latter job about five years ago. I told them I was well aware of the very real danger, and asked if it was OK to call for backup in a suspicious location. They said yes, and admitted that they had been hit in the past---with only minor injuries so far. This job was on-call 24/7 and solo, with a LOT of money in the unarmored van parked at your house. I privately decided that it was a ridiculous risk for a paltry wage, and I guess it showed. They did not call me back.......................elsullo :s0131:

I did it for five years and actually enjoyed the job itself; I have been out of that business for almost fiver years now. I worked for Loomis, Fargo and Co. up in Portland. For what its worth, that is the only company that I would reccomned working for if you want to go into the armored car business. They were far more "professional" and treated their equpiment and employees far better than Oregon Armored, AT Systems, or Brinks.

As far as pay goes, I was making 17.89 an hour when I left. However, when I got hired with that company they gave pay raises every six months and they were incremental; first raise 50 cents, 2nd 75 cents, 3rd 1.25, etc. I was topped out in pay by my third year. Now, I still have friends in the company, they only give pay raises once a year and it is a very small percentage over cost of living increase.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top