JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am the NRA.

Not liking the NRA is not liking the hundreds of thousands of gun owners that are the NRA.

My NRA trainer and certified instructor is the NRA.

NRA grant money that went to build the popular recreational shooting area in Tillamook State Forest is the NRA.

The NRA funds that go to the numerous public and private gun ranges in America is the NRA.

The NRA funds that go to bribe, pay, endorse, I don't freaking care, to get politics to leave my freaking guns alone. Is the NRA.

The NRA programs that teach and educate safe and responsible gun ownership is the NRA.

The NRA is the Elephant in the room, the GOA and OFF and etc are the ants in the corner.

Yes the wealthy leadership and high up officials that do stupid stuff are the NRA.

Remember next time you call the NRA something derogatory that...

I am the NRA.

e6a.jpg

With all due respect, the NRA is the Al Sharpton to gun owners. They seem to be in it for the access or money. Maybe not always but for now that's how I see it. Agreeing that guns and gun accessories are the problem and that rights are negotiable. These are issues I can't cosign. Agreeing to that alone opens up too many more chances for crooked politicians to ignore any of our rights.

I am not an NRA member but I am with OFF & GOA. I have given some donations to the FPC in California. As far as I am aware, neither of those organizations approved the banning of bump stocks, reduced magazine capacity or red flag laws as they are currently being implemented with no due process. Obviously you have a different perspective. For what it's worth, good for you. But, while the NRA may be a great friend to the gun owner, it's a friend that will also sleep with your wife or some other underhanded deed.

and this is why gun owners will always loose, because some one makes a stand for something that is not the best argument....
you are the NRA so you helped write the GCA of 34
you are the NRA so you helped write the GCA of 68
you are the NRA so you said yes to bump stocks being banned
you are the NRA so you are the one who is letting state by state fall to gun bans accessory bans and red flag laws....
you are the NRA who is living high on the hog wile your supports loose their rights...

and this is why gun owners will always loose, because some one makes a stand for something that is not the best argument....
you are the NRA so you are the one who is letting state by state fall to gun bans accessory bans and red flag laws....
you are the NRA who is living high on the hog wile your supports loose their rights...

I think gun owners always lose because of division. I don't like your club, you don't like mine. I hunt with x, you hunt with y and can't stand anyone who even thinks x should be legal. We fight over .007 inches in bore diameter even though its fired out of the same case, etc. We have more fun fighting each other than the enemies of our freedoms.

I'm confused... I was replying to the OP

Oh, I get it, Wayne LaPierre...

No, LaPierre is not the NRA. I get the feeling that he thinks he is, and he's the public face of the NRA, but he is not "the NRA". People like us are. If we turn on our most powerful voice and trash it, we will surely loose. Getting gun owners to hate the NRA is exactly what Bloomberg et al. want.

Does the NRA need a housecleaning? Desperately, in my opinion. I got a phone call from them a few days ago, and told them to please make note that I will not be sending them any money until LaPierre resigns.

Housecleaning, yes. Burning down the house? NO! Hating them for something someone did in 1934? That's absurd.

Last Edited:
I am the NRA (life)
NRA membership dues was granted to my club this past year to buy voice controlled traps for shotgun.
All NRA funds are private. Non are from the gov in any form.
My club also receives pittman robertson funds for range improvements from OR.gov
I love when some blow-hard pontificates how the gov will shut-down the NRA.
Those who are not NRA members have no say or vote in the NRA activities.
If they recreate in the great outdoors, they hang on the NRA shirt tails

Wasn't alive for some of those.

Bumpstocks are still legal as the law is written. Regardless of what the NRA says, they don't make law. Neither does the ATF, but ask our Pres how that one worked out. The NRA lobbie. They lobby well. They influence well. Did what they say push Trump to do what he did, maybe. Hard to say. I don't blame the NRA for the loss of bumpstocks. I see that as Trumps fault. I also blame Trump for opening Pandora's box by allowing an agency with zero lawmaking abilities to make defacto law.

State laws are hard. Yes the NRA ILA doesn't really mess with state law much. Not for lack of trying though. I've met and talked with many state reps. Most always tell me the same thing. In states where these laws are being enacted, it's almost similar to pulling teeth to get people to come together against them. Go to Kentucky and you'll see, folks there aren't like those in Oregon.

Also, many forget that the NRA and the NRA-ILA are two different organizations with two similar but different priorities.

To anyone that thinks that the NRA is not trying, I urge you to get involved and you might realize that the fight is there.

Wasn't alive for some of those.

Bumpstocks are still legal as the law is written. Regardless of what the NRA says, they don't make law. Neither does the ATF, but ask our Pres how that one worked out. The NRA lobbie. They lobby well. They influence well. Did what they say push Trump to do what he did, maybe. Hard to say. I don't blame the NRA for the loss of bumpstocks. I see that as Trumps fault. I also blame Trump for opening Pandora's box by allowing an agency with zero lawmaking abilities to make defacto law.

State laws are hard. Yes the NRA ILA doesn't really mess with state law much. Not for lack of trying though. I've met and talked with many state reps. Most always tell me the same thing. In states where these laws are being enacted, it's almost similar to pulling teeth to get people to come together against them. Go to Kentucky and you'll see, folks there aren't like those in Oregon.

Also, many forget that the NRA and the NRA-ILA are two different organizations with two similar but different priorities.

To anyone that thinks that the NRA is not trying, I urge you to get involved and you might realize that the fight is there.

If I made decisions for the NRA or NRA-ILA, I wouldn't waste a cent on Washington or Oregon until I knew the gun owners would pry their azzes from the couch and vote against the anti-gun initiatives. Why help when we won't help ourselves?

I think gun owners always lose because of division. I don't like your club, you don't like mine. I hunt with x, you hunt with y and can't stand anyone who even thinks x should be legal. We fight over .007 inches in bore diameter even though its fired out of the same case, etc. We have more fun fighting each other than the enemies of our freedoms.
At the ballot box we do not need to be divided. That is mostly a local issue anyway except for president. I am not of the mindset (I am not claiming any of you are either) that I owe the NRA, Donald Trump or any political party my vote, allegiance, time or money. They are asking for all of those things and I fully expect a return for my investment. All of those entities or groups made promises in return for my support. I can't see where it is wrong to be skeptical when the results are not there.

If I made decisions for the NRA or NRA-ILA, I wouldn't waste a cent on Washington or Oregon until I knew the gun owners would pry their azzes from the couch and vote against the anti-gun initiatives. Why help when we won't help ourselves?
That's just the thing.

Folks don't understand that they are the NRA. If you don't get up and do something anything, the NRA fails.

Be active.

Be part of a club that has NRA backed certifications, trainings, and safety training.

Go to a local NRA event.

Don't have to be a member for all of it, but it may make you want to be one.

At the ballot box we do not need to be divided. That is mostly a local issue anyway except for president. I am not of the mindset (I am not claiming any of you are either) that I owe the NRA, Donald Trump or any political party my vote, allegiance, time or money. They are asking for all of those things and I fully expect a return for my investment. All of those entities or groups made promises in return for my support. I can't see where it is wrong to be skeptical when the results are not there.

The results were the majority of gun owners in WA didn't vote in the last election that resulted in the passing of I-1639. If we can't even vote in our own interest, why waste the time and money? Apathy is our undoing.

Like it or not, the NRA is the 600 pound gorilla on our side. That's why Bloomberg has specifically targeted the NRA. He figures if he can bring down the NRA, he can bring down the Second Amendment. It looks like he's going to have a fair amount of help from our side.

Don't like the NRA? Get involved and help change them. Help clean house and reform the NRA, make it stronger and more effective! Hating the whole organization because of LaPierre might make you feel better, but it's certainly not an effective strategy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top