JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I don't see why nobody was giving him physical support, ive seen grown men and women getting "held" by their instructors the first time they are doing auto shoots, and they all put a very heavy emphasis on short bursts with auto pistols. You always see new shooters come up about 30 degrees on a short to moderate burst, I don't see how common sense didn't kick in for the kid as it was coming up, I know that its a very short time, but human reaction is only 1/10th of a second. I guess delayed reaction and unsureness of what to do in such a situation comes from inexperience, which is why an 8 year old should have a bit of experience. Ive seen kids as young as 8 on FA videos, but they usually arent using FA pistols, they give them a nice front heavy rifle, and lots of help.

I guess to add to this, what I have to say is that the main difference is here; if a dad gives his 16 year old kid keys to his ferrari, and the kid plants it into a wall at 150 and dies, no one goes out and makes a big deal about, they just say the kid was being stupid, and the dad should have thought about it more. No one makes any suggestion of banning fast cars. But if a dad gives an 8 year old a FA pistol, and the kid shoots himself, its "OMG!!!! Full auto pistols are soooo dangerous that they shouldn't be legal", and they make comments about the event promoting shooting full autos as being wild and reckless.

But in reality, that is partially true, full autos are wild and fun, when used responsibly. And they are promoted that way. Racing is promoted as going extremely and dangerously fast, destruction derbies are promoted as guys intentionally running cars into each other with the intent of destroying their cars, does the media and public look down upon those, the answer is no.

There is just a modern lack of responsibility today, if a kid goes on a shooting, its his parents fault, or the fact that he got guns, if someone crashes his liter super sport bike, its the fact that the bike is too fast, if a bicyclist runs a stop sign and gets creamed by a truck, everyone sympathizes with the bicyclist because there was nothing he could do, and that drivers need to be more cautious. If 1/4 of the country loses their homes because they signed up for a sub prime mortgage that they couldn't pay for or understand, its the banks fault. It is never the persons fault who made the bad decision, and people don't like to accept responsibility for their actions anymore.

Sorry for writing a book.

Wow some people shouldnt ever touch a firearm. My dad raised me from a very early age to repect firearms and to treat them as if they were loaded at all times. this wouldnt have helped but were the **** was his dad he should have been helping to control the uzi. I know my dad wouldnt have ever let me shoot a full auto uzi at age 8 let alone shoot it by myself. I wish there was a anual machine gun shoot her in oregon i would love to sprey some lead thats one thing i have yet to expericne.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top