JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was trying to find a 2A related meetup group on meetup.com and I could not find a single one in the Portland metro area so I figured that I would start my own.

Link to my page here: West Linn Second Amendment Club (West Linn, OR)

Most of the info is in the description but I will restate some of it here: For now, it will primarily be located in the West Linn/Oregon City/Lake Oswego area but if someone wants to host meetups elsewhere in the Portland area, let me know.

I wanted to have a social gathering for like minded people in the 2A community as I have found it particularly difficult to meet people that are on the same wavelength as I am on Second Amendment issues. If you are like me and your career is relationship based or you are otherwise involved with the public, being honest about your 2A beliefs can be a dangerous proposition. I think it is important to have a vocal, in person outlet rather than just posting stuff on the internet.

While the primary goal of the group is to just meet other people in the 2A community, I would be open to organizing some trips to go shoot as well. If you want to host such an event, let me know or just give me a location along with a suggested date and time and I will post it. I am open to meetup locations and activity suggestions as well.

Last Edited:
Also, I guess I should say what meetup.com is for those that aren't aware: it is a site where you can search for activities that interest you and find groups of people in your area that have similar interests. The organizer or host posts meetup times, locations and what the purpose of the meetup is and group members can click "attend" if they want to go.

First, it isn't my site. It is a tool that I saw that I figured would be useful in facilitating meeting other 2A peeps or organizing shoots or whatever

Second, the forum rules say that COMMERCIAL advertising without vendor status is prohibited. I don't make any money off of this.

Just trying to figure out how it will work if I post the same thought in your site as I do here, who will own what I say?:D

probably best to put as little on the internet as possible these days. that's actually part of the reason I want to talk about 2A (or other assorted liberty related subjects) offline as much as possible. Based on my posts on public facebook pages alone, I'm sure I am on a terrorist watch list somewhere. maybe three.

probably best to put as little on the internet as possible these days. that's actually part of the reason I want to talk about 2A (or other assorted liberty related subjects) offline as much as possible. Based on my posts on public facebook pages alone, I'm sure I am on a terrorist watch list somewhere. maybe three.

Ok, if I join will you be posting a meeting scheduled so folks can meet without having to post up? How will you have privacy when you run it off the net?

Shocking no one in Portland wanting to meet up with a gun group.You should have posted under Vernonia. But why base in unfriendly territory. Just begging for issues. Would be interested in something outside of PDX.

The group is set to private so only members can see meetup locations. All members have to be approved by me (and can also be kicked out by me) and I have a required questionnaire to join with 2A related questions (basically asking why the Second Amendment is important to you) to try to weed out the riff raff.

The group is set to private so only members can see meetup locations. All members have to be approved by me (and can also be kicked out by me) and I have a required questionnaire to join with 2A related questions (basically asking why the Second Amendment is important to you) to try to weed out the riff raff.

I might be riff raff if you ask a moderator here.:D I do find it interesing to meet with real lovers of the constitution and not a bunch of hobby boys. If you put together a good group you can make more of a difference. Do you have a plan or agenda?

There is good potential if you have people willing to work to get it running. You can try drawing people with fun to get interest going but you will have to have a direction for it to grow. I am a life member of ARPC and have spent many years working with folks to make things grow, without direction it won't make it. Leadership drives an organization but folks are the ones that make it work.

I might be riff raff if you ask a moderator here.:D I do find it interesing to meet with real lovers of the constitution and not a bunch of hobby boys. If you put together a good group you can make more of a difference. Do you have a plan or agenda?

For the most part, I am looking at this as just a social gathering for like minded people since when I talk about 2A stuff with most people around here, they look at me like I just flew in from outer space. Maybe put some rounds downrange at some point. I will admit, I am not the best encyclopedia of places to go shoot so I will ask for input from members on that. I will schedule meetups when there is important 2A related legislation or court decisions so we can discuss without public record (even though I'm sure my record is already looks like a phone book).

I mostly want this to be a casual setting. We can get drinks/coffee/etc to keep it informal. Input is always appreciated though. This is just the basic idea.

:D I have ideas how to make it work but not sure the folks would like me in short order. In the long run they would love it but the short run would tick em off. If you build it around the constitution you could run some great meets and fun shoots. Get people loving to be there but unlike the rest of places that have dues the members must give monthly proof they stand for the second. They must write a letter and have it printed to be able to join. Or they must bring a new member and they must be willing to show a civil lawful act that supports the 2nd.

Most of the shooting games people put on are just for fun and companionship, turn it to a positive by putting folks to participate in saving our rights.o_O If the group works you will have the best people trying to join it, if the group gets lazy then you fail.

To carry on, guys who go to Salem this weekend are the kind you want. Bring a phone picture to the next shoot and you paid your dues. Things like that are what you push for and as it grows folks will donate prizes in the shoots. Meetings and fun events can be held all over the state and those events will bring attention. Fun has a way of changing folks

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top