JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0155:
...and by "it" I mean all these "I bought my first gun" threads were the guns are way too nice. If I have to read one more thread were some young punk says " I got my first gun today it is a Dan Wesson CBOB." or "It is a Sig P229." I am going to burst a blood vessle. What happened to the good old days were you had to work your way up from complete pieces of junk to something that nice. These guys need to be made to go out and buy a Jennings and then a work their way up to Taurus before getting guns like these. That way they appreciate it more. Darn no good kids. :D ;) :)

I worked my way from a Hi point 9mm to a 1911.

I have zero desire for a 1911. It's too heavy for me to carry although others do it just fine. It's a nice nightstand gun, but I'd grab my defensive shotgun. They are great to shoot at the range but ammo's expensive.

I think they are GREAT guns for someone else. :s0155:

It's ok Penguin, if your jealous.. YOU have really nice man toys,, the boys need to get started in the right direction.. Your next Dan Wesson, Kimber custom or STi will compensate. Save the elevated bp for your nearest rat patrol, or that peskie mole, or...

I started with an inexpensive 22 semi rifle (I think it was a Remington) which I loaned and got stolen from them. Replaced it with a similar inexpensive 22 semi (Winchester). Second gun was a HK 91 back before they were evil, and then a BHP. I don't think Bryco and Jennings and Davis were around back then... At least I didn't see them in any of the stores I frequented.

elsie

I started with an inexpensive 22 semi rifle (I think it was a Remington) which I loaned and got stolen from them. Replaced it with a similar inexpensive 22 semi (Winchester). Second gun was a HK 91 back before they were evil, and then a BHP. I don't think Bryco and Jennings and Davis were around back then... At least I didn't see them in any of the stores I frequented.

elsie

And I thought I jumped up value!!!!! A .22 to a HK 91. WOW

Darn hoodlums pullin' flipkicks on their boardskates! even though I am part of the generation you speak of I see where your comin' from. My first was a .44 Rossi lever action, not the greatest, but served me well until I sold it to afford my first handgun.
still regret that :(

Ahh but that is what so great about America...we actually advance in technology and our economy grows(historically)...my parents told me they walked 5 miles in snow to school...I rode a bus...my first firearm was a daisy, then Marlin 39a that was dragged behind:s0112: that bus I rode....

My first gun was a Kimber CDP, which I still own. I also did a lot of research and shooting before buying anything. That way I'll never regret the purchase and never sell it. If I was younger and had a lower paying job, I probably would have gone with a Glock or XD

I just handed over my old Jennings .22 to my son. I said to him, "son, here's your first pistol, clean it and take care of it. When you can, buy something better." We took it out and put a few hundred rounds through it after I showed him how to adjust the spring so it will cycle properly.

Lol! He will learn to appreciate fine guns this way.

I agree.. My first pistol was a Ruger GP100 then my second was my very own Glock 17 gen 2, then Beretta 92F ( Lethal Weapon, thanks Riggs). Colt, Sig, H&K.. Took me about 10 yrs.

You just cant go from blah to BAMM.. you have to learn to walk first and start at the bottom..

PP I feel your pain!
My first was an 1891 Argentine Mauser in 7.65x53mm. Great deer rifle, and get this: I Still Have it! So, at the tender age of 13 I had to pony up a 20 dollar bill(from my paper route).......and killed my first buck that October!

I'm kind of thinking the first gun thing is kind of like the first girlfriend thing. When you're young and inexperienced, you go with the first one that will kiss you back without malfunctioning. Then after a little experience, you upgrade! :D

Does the above statement make me a terrible person? :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads