JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...and by "it" I mean all these "I bought my first gun" threads were the guns are way too nice. If I have to read one more thread were some young punk says " I got my first gun today it is a Dan Wesson CBOB." or "It is a Sig P229." I am going to burst a blood vessle. What happened to the good old days were you had to work your way up from complete pieces of junk to something that nice. These guys need to be made to go out and buy a Jennings and then a work their way up to Taurus before getting guns like these. That way they appreciate it more. Darn no good kids. :D ;) :)

...and by "it" I mean all these "I bought my first gun" threads were the guns are way too nice. If I have to read one more thread were some young punk says " I got my first gun today it is a Dan Wesson CBOB." or "It is a Sig P229." I am going to burst a blood vessle. What happened to the good old days were you had to work your way up from complete pieces of junk to something that nice. These guys need to be made to go out and buy a Jennings and then a work their way up to Taurus before getting gins like these. That way they appreciate it more. Darn no good kids. :D ;) :)

PBP, you're a cruel man. Just remember, friends don't let friends buy Jennings. :s0114:

I think it has a lot to do with the parents. My buddies have never bought a gun themselves. Their dad is a gun nut so naturally he gives them very very nice guns for birthdays, christmas, etc...They also get a lot of the hand me downs too.

You should be ashamed of yourself! These people are saving the same money that you would to buy a gun- they just have the better judgement and foresight to save up and buy quality from the get go. I really hope you are not as big a jerk as you have just made yourself sound and you should post an apology immediately.

You should be ashamed of yourself! These people are saving the same money that you would to buy a gun- they just have the better judgement and foresight to save up and buy quality from the get go. I really hope you are not as big a jerk as you have just made yourself sound and you should post an apology immediately.

I believe the concept is called sarcasm.

Notice the smiles at the end? ;) Sarcasm -- PlayboyPenguin has it :s0155:

PbP-

You should change your handle to 'Grand-Pa Penguin' and take up :s0071:

After that sell your Mustang and get a Buick Sedan :s0112: besides these kids could be buying your guns in state so you aren't shipping to AZ :s0112:, sorry is it to soon to jab you about that?

Have a good day Grand-Pa, don't forget your prune juice smoothie at work

SF-

If I have to read one more thread were some young punk says " I got my first gun today it is a Dan Wesson CBOB." or "It is a Sig P229." I am going to burst a blood vessle.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Notice the smiles at the end? ;) Sarcasm -- PlayboyPenguin has it :s0155:

I read 'em both as dripping w/ sarcasm. Just 'cause the follow-up left off the emoticons doesn't mean it was necessarily meant seriously. Does it?

MrB

I was twenty-eight when I bought my first guns. I was not very knowledgeable about guns, but I bought the very best items that were available then. If I had not had to survive three Oregon recessions I would still have them, and they would be worth six times what I paid for them!

Being a young whippersnapper buying a first gun does NOT necessarily make one foolish about the purchase.

And, I confess, in my early years I bought a Jennings too, as I needed a tiny gun. Hey, it was a cheap experiment.....................elsullo :D

How does Marlin 336-ER in .356Win., to Ruger P85, to M&P .40 sound?

I wish I had the guts to do what PbP does.....but I buy guns, I don't sell them....sold one, regretted it, haven't sold one since.

for every kid with his new blinging SIG Sauer, there's a joe schmoe at the retail stores believing every word of the salesman about why they should definitely buy a $1200 kimber. or a guy who thinks by buying a baby desert eagle he's cool.

for every kid with his new blinging SIG Sauer, there's a joe schmoe at the retail stores believing every word of the salesman about why they should definitely buy a $1200 kimber. or a guy who thinks by buying a baby desert eagle he's cool.

? Hey!...thats me you're talkin about...a blingin schmoe cool kid! (though the kid part is debateable...at 50...its how you feel, not your age)

And to think...I just thought I was a dweeb all this time! :D

I did start out with an H&R 22lr/mag six shooter... still like the way it shoots :s0155:

Its kinda cool that most are taking the advice given here. Lots of posts from newbies, you know how they go: Lookin to buy a "piece" what do you guys think about the Davis 25 cal. They any good? Hows the accuracy, can I get more "clips" locally.

They get the standard in return. "save your money and buy this or that, you will be much better off in the end".

So the forum is working for the most part.

I've owned and loved guns, hunting, reloading etc. for several decades. I'm not poor.

The best guns I own are a Glock 23, a Ruger M77 .270 Bolt with a Leopold scope, some modest AR's, a Winchester Defender, A Ruger Mark 1, a Remington Nylon 66, couple of good Winchester shotguns one rifled...

I'm not into prestige in guns. Don't ask me why. Shoot straight, go bang, fit me right, do the job I bought it for... That's it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top