JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You all can talk like cowboys that we should string em up or stone them to death but really you're just advocating that Americans abandon the common basic morality that distinguishes us from Dictators and Terrorists organizations. Sinking to that level is below us.

Wrong. Abandoning the Constitution and the punishment clearly outlined is abandoning the principles this country was founded on. You don't like it, there is a process to get the Constitution changed.

Capital punishment is approved of by the American people (just because our elected officials dont listen) so im not sure where you are getting your warped sense of "American morality" but I suggest getting out of the PDX once in a while.

We should be talking about how to streamline the system and overhaul the PIC instead of succumbing to the PC bleeding heart BS.

The death penalty has failed to deter crime and is very costly, in fact much more costly than life time incarceration. If you can execute the death penalty "in flagranti" (in (crimine) flagranti = meaning while the crime is still burning) I am all for it, it's at the cost of a couple of bullets, but I don't think we should invest 3m$ or more to put someone down.

I think they should just stake him out and give each member of the victims families a razor blade and let them do what they want with him.Sorry but zero sympathy .
Just as no sympathy for hitler or stalin or bin laudin and every mass murderer like them. This azz is just as evil and deranged.

Punishment should fit the crime. I know a fellow who murdered a drug dealer for getting his kids on drugs. He spent 23 years in prison and came out the same way he went in, a caring family man.

Punishment should fit the crime. I know a fellow who murdered a drug dealer for getting his kids on drugs. He spent 23 years in prison and came out the same way he went in, a caring family man.
I think most parents can relate to that. Getting kids on drugs (hard drugs) is almost like murder, just slower and more painful. Don't know the stats, but once you are on something many years are lost and only the strong ones make it out.

Yes I do also bu8t the Aurora Theatre Murderer deserves the worst that can be given to him. He commited a worst case cowards crime.

Justice is really fugged up when they kill an unarmed man for no front lic plates yet basically give a man who murders 12 people a free ride. It's not the system that is bad but the people running it, we need a refresh button.o_O

Justice is really fugged up when they kill an unarmed man for no front lic plates yet basically give a man who murders 12 people a free ride. It's not the system that is bad but the people running it, we need a refresh button.o_O

We have one. It is called the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and waiting for someone to push it.

image.jpg

Juries decide when men die. Not the constitution.

Exactly. We have a justice system for a reason. If you're upset with the justice/prison system advocate for a change. However a JURY system convicted Holmes of murder. They however did not all agree on the death penalty based on the evidence. All I see is you're advocating for mob rule as opposed to impartial trials. The very type of justice that we were founded upon to avoid.

No, the system is so bogged down with the lawyers and appeals and other bs that even if they get sentenced to die the governor won't listen to the will of the people ( like our states) so the death penalty has essential become nullified in huge parts of the country. So juries know this and votes accordingly.

The Constitution ALLOWS capital punishment and the American people WANT capital punishment and just like every other area, we have allowed the justice system to ignore the will of the people and become this massive inefficient entity that only helps lawyers and scumbags and scumbag lawyers.

If the vote was for one appeal and then the gallows or the bullet or the needle (this talk about being drawn and quartered or stoned is nonsense and specifically prohibited in the Constitution) I would bet alot of these would have different outcomes.

No, the system is so bogged down with the lawyers and appeals and other bs that even if they get sentenced to die the governor won't listen to the will of the people ( like our states) so the death penalty has essential become nullified in huge parts of the country. So juries know this and votes accordingly.

The Constitution ALLOWS capital punishment and the American people WANT capital punishment and just like every other area, we have allowed the justice system to ignore the will of the people and become this massive inefficient entity that only helps lawyers and scumbags and scumbag lawyers.

If the vote was for one appeal and then the gallows or the bullet or the needle (this talk about being drawn and quartered or stoned is nonsense and specifically prohibited in the Constitution) I would bet alot of these would have different outcomes.

The very constitution you keep talking about also supports Article 3 which reinforces the rights for original jurisdiction which gives states the rights to enforce laws at their level.

Capital punishment actually uses the very constitutional process you complain about. Every case that has been adjudicated may be appealed. You're allowed to appeal to state, district, federal, and the supreme court. Everyone is allowed habeas corpus reviews. The problem being that the sheer number of incarcerated prisoners have slowed the system down.

Quite a large number of incarcerated people have been found to be innocent due to DNA testing, false testimony by a witness, and improperly or unscientific forensic methods. Evidence methods used in 1980 are much different than evidence technology of 2015.

The framers in their genius realized that small courts in local jurisdictions may be found to be corrupt and that higher courts at different levels would allow those being on trial the best possible case for justice.

So the very constitution flag you want to keep waiving as being the thing we should move closer to is the very thing that we have based our entire judicial process on. Appellate Jurisdiction is part of the very foundation of lower and higher courts. It is for this basis that the Supreme Court even exists.

Last Edited:
I'm just simply pointing out that its ironic that you are claiming we aren't being constitutional when you clearly haven't read it. Or maybe you haven't completed enough education to understand what Article 3 is.

You're right I am not a Constitutional scholar nor a lawyer but I am smart enough that progressives pervert the Constitution by saying it's a "living breathing" document and virtually rendering CP useless because THEY DON'T LIKE IT.

Just like some court somewhere said CA's draconian gun laws are constitutional, even though you would have to be a special kind of moron to say that is what the Framers had in mind by "shall not be infringed".

What I do know is that you don't like CP. I also know that the majority of the American people do like and want CP and the people in positions of power who dont listen to the will of the people have been able to drag out the process to the point of impotence.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top