JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is the chart that I found

Screenshot_20210422-180428_Gallery.jpg

That chart is from Nigel Brown's British Gunmakers Volume Two: Birmingham, Scotland & the Regions (Shewsbury: Quiller, 2005), page 435. Someone took his copyrighted work and posted it on the Internet. Really a good motivator for people to spend years on research only to have their stuff pirated.

The VB indicates that your rifle was made in 1970, and proofed at the Birmingham Proof House. The number 3 is the Viewer's rank, which indicates a viewer slightly more junior than level 1.

Was there anything else you were hoping to learn about this rifle or about Parker-Hale? Cornell sells photocopies of the PH catalogs, but the higher quality originals can be found on eBay, including the one from 1970. The late 60s-early 70s PH catalogs are big, colorful, and have lots of interesting things.

Last Edited:
That chart is from Nigel Brown's British Gunmakers Volume Two: Birmingham, Scotland & the Regions (Shewsbury: Quiller, 2005), page 435. Someone took his copyrighted work and posted it on the Internet. Really a good motivator for people to spend years on research only to have their stuff pirated.

The VB indicates that your rifle was made in 1970, and proofed at the Birmingham Proof House. The number 3 is the Viewer's rank, which indicates a viewer slightly more junior than level 1.

Was there anything else you were hoping to learn about this rifle or about Parker-Hale? Cornell sells photocopies of the PH catalogs, but the higher quality originals can be found on eBay, including the one from 1970. The late 60s-early 70s PH catalogs are big, colorful, and have lots of interesting things.
I am still not sure what model it is looking at pictures on my phone is probably not the best way to figure it out and I was unaware about that chart being pirated I don't even remember where I found it because I have looked at everything and anything about Parker Hale and I would like to thank you for your time and knowledge

I am still not sure what model it is looking at pictures on my phone is probably not the best way to figure it out and I was unaware about that chart being pirated I don't even remember where I found it because I have looked at everything and anything about Parker Hale and I would like to thank you for your time and knowledge
I inquired with a person on gun broker about a remade owers manual for my 06 now that I know the year it was manufactured and I am going to have to check into the book that chart is from because I also own a England firearms company model foremost 6600 in my research I found it was manufactured by Parker Hale and sold at J.C.Penneys back in 60's and 70's and I am currently trying to purchase a Santa Barbara Golden State arms centurion model 123 in 30/06

Cool. Ping me anytime if you want to discuss that sort of thing. Congrats on your PH. Fine rifle.
PH has an interesting history, which you can read about online or elsewhere. Their building is still there... not the one in the Gun Quarter, but their second one that was near the Birmingham Small Arms factory in Small Heath. It's either repurposed or derelict—honestly, hard to tell. That town is full of ghosts of gunmaking past. Your rifle's barrel came from there.

Cool. Ping me anytime if you want to discuss that sort of thing. Congrats on your PH. Fine rifle.
PH has an interesting history, which you can read about online or elsewhere. Their building is still there... not the one in the Gun Quarter, but their second one that was near the Birmingham Small Arms factory in Small Heath. It's either repurposed or derelict—honestly, hard to tell. That town is full of ghosts of gunmaking past. Your rifle's barrel came from there.
Thank you again for your time and knowledge and I am always Googleing about Parker Hale and I have learned alot and I am sure that I will be hitting you up in the future I am still winning the bid on the Santa Barbara I have done alittle research on them and I do have 1 more question. Is alpine made by Parker Hale? My son has a 264 win mag alpine and it resembles a Parker Hale and it shoots as well I am very happy to finally have a manufacture date for my 06 and I would really like to visit the gun quarter someday and thank you for everything again I will keep you updated on the growth of my Parker Hale collection as it grows

Thank you again for your time and knowledge and I am always Googleing about Parker Hale and I have learned alot and I am sure that I will be hitting you up in the future I am still winning the bid on the Santa Barbara I have done alittle research on them and I do have 1 more question. Is alpine made by Parker Hale? My son has a 264 win mag alpine and it resembles a Parker Hale and it shoots as well I am very happy to finally have a manufacture date for my 06 and I would really like to visit the gun quarter someday and thank you for everything again I will keep you updated on the growth of my Parker Hale collection as it grows
Do you know anything about this trigger

20210414_213449.jpg

Do you know anything about this trigger
Not really. What do you need to know about it? The only detailed explanation of this trigger that I have seen (with illustration and diagram of parts) is in a book by Frank de Haas titled "Bolt Action Rifles." It is an excellent book that went through several editions. In some editions, the Parker-Hale Mausers are discussed under the section on "Santa Barbara Mausers." PH bought the actions from Santa Barbara (Spain), and did the barrels and the furniture in the UK.

Also, try this forum for some Parker-Hale experts: https://www.gunboards.com/forums/weapons-of-the-british-commonwealth.56/

Last Edited:
Some Parker-Hale info from 1969 catalog... Some of the older ladies on the PH assembly line in the photo below probably learned their trade a couple decades earlier while assembling Lee-Enfields, Besa 7.92 machine guns, and Oerlikon anti-aircraft guns at the nearby Small Heath BSA factory, on the night shift, with the German air force dropping bombs on them. The current Queen of England, then a 15-year old in uniform, probably visited them.

PH Cat No70_20210422_0001.png PH Cat No70_20210422_0002.png PH Cat No70_20210422_0003.png PH Cat No70_20210422_0004.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads