JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That said, stuff happens. If it does I can handle it - I hope.
We all hope, but comes a time you may not be that agile warrior you once was. And maybe just an old and sort of crippled man. So, you're really by yourself (me too), so we're a'gonna die. So, you try to hurt those bastards as much as you can before they get you. That's my plan.

Last Edited:
"Attachment is the source of all suffering." — Buddha

(I helped relieved myself of some ammo attachments with target shooting with a couple new pieces, followed by unfettered, full-auto mag dumps in the forest today. Very Zen. Honk. :s0112:)

We all hope, but comes a time you may not be that agile warrior you once was. And maybe just an old and sort of crippled man. So, you're really by yourself, so you're a'gonna die. So, you try to hurt those bastards as much as you can before they get you. That's my plan.
I am already there (old and decrepit), but I have family and friends/neighbors - most of which have very little ammo if any.

_nc_ohc=kuSX7vqmq50AX-plyQS&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I am already there (old and decrepit), but I have family and friends/neighbors - most of which have very little ammo if any.
As for that I'm more than disappointed on how fast my body fell apart after I retired. I can't run, more a slow walk. I've few friends or family closer than 35 miles. As we live rurally our neighbors are scattered and not like right next door. Our home is just about the worst defensible position I ever saw as an old Cavalry Scout and Infantryman. Though I do know the sectors to keep an eye on and place traps. Come the SHTF I'll just do my best.

I started going downhill about 10 years ago, got worse when I moved to Orygun, then about 3 years ago I had some problems, went to the clinic, wound up at a cardiologist, and learned I had heart problems. I am taking meds but beyond better BP readings, it hasn't seemed to get any better. Between my bad back and my heart, I can't run, and I can't walk far or do hard work for very long. Getting old sucks.

I started going downhill about 10 years ago, got worse when I moved to Orygun, then about 3 years ago I had some problems, went to the clinic, wound up at a cardiologist, and learned I had heart problems. I am taking meds but beyond better BP readings, it hasn't seemed to get any better. Between my bad back and my heart, I can't run, and I can't walk far or do hard work for very long. Getting old sucks.
Getting old surely isn't all it was cracked up to be. I planned for a lot of things and insured we were financially secure, I didn't plan on becoming a crippled old man.

As for that I'm more than disappointed on how fast my body fell apart after I retired. I can't run, more a slow walk. I've few friends or family closer than 35 miles. As we live rurally our neighbors are scattered and not like right next door. Our home is just about the worst defensible position I ever saw as an old Cavalry Scout and Infantryman. Though I do know the sectors to keep an eye on and place traps. Come the SHTF I'll just do my best.
We practice strategic landscaping.

In these cases its up to us semi younger folk to be the care takers for our elders.
And ill tell you 100% im a helluva lot more skeptical about meeting or co-habitating with any younger people than i would be older folks.

Sucks to hear about your health. Ill never forget working at boeing and hearing the averages about how long men last acter retiring at different ages of retirement. Sometimes is just best to stay active and work till you die! But it also seems Sometimes things NEVER go as planned. Such seems to be my life. I already seem to be starting to fall apart.

There are worse things to be addicted to :cool:
I'm with you, Heretic. I've always justified my excess ammo purchases by telling myself that I'll be able to sell it for more than I paid, since I usually buy when I can get a good deal. I just haven't seen the situation where I've wanted to sell, even with the recent crazy ammo prices.

In these cases its up to us semi younger folk to be the care takers for our elders.
And ill tell you 100% im a helluva lot more skeptical about meeting or co-habitating with any younger people than i would be older folks.

Sucks to hear about your health. Ill never forget working at boeing and hearing the averages about how long men last acter retiring at different ages of retirement. Sometimes is just best to stay active and work till you die! But it also seems Sometimes things NEVER go as planned. Such seems to be my life. I already seem to be starting to fall apart.
Your working til you die comment reminded of this fella..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top