JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whenever I see ammo I could use at a relatively reasonable price (especially given the current prices), I usually buy it if it is a good sized quantity (sometimes that is just 100 rounds, but usually ~500 rounds or more).

I have tens of thousands of rounds of both centerfire and rimfire (more of the latter than I will probably ever shoot), and no, I won't sell any of it. I have more ammo than some LGSs keep in stock.

Yesterday I bought almost 600 rounds of .40 S&W even though I had more than ten times that amount already. I bought 80 rounds of .460 Mag even though I already had twice that much and rarely shoot it. A couple of months ago I bought 800 rounds of .44 mag, a caliber I rarely shoot.

I can't help myself. I am spiraling out of control. :(
I offer counseling for those who suffer with this affliction at the very reasonable rate of $150/hr. For your convenience, counseling sessions are offered on line, any time of day or night. 7 days a week with 72 hours notice. Emergency sessions available on short notice at $250/hr. Services are private and discrete. As a recovering ammoholic, I understand your disease and can point you in the right direction. You needn't suffer alone. Take the first step toward recovery and PM me.

DON"T BUY THAT AMMO - CONTACT WOODLAND CAMO!

Think of it as a retirement plan. The accrued interest and rarity at retirement will be substantial.
we'll see

before the pandemic i often wondered how much I would/should charge for ammo if SHTF - now I have a much better idea of what the market would bear if SHTF.

That said, I am retired now. I don't need $ so much that I need to sell the ammo. I also wonder if we will have another panic as bad as this one. There have been panics before, but this one seems to be the worst - previously it was mostly just one type of ammo, not all the popular ones. As I was telling my neighbor - when he asked where I found ammo to buy - some ammo that isn't so popular - like the .460 mag - didn't go up in price much, if at all.

You should read the series by William R. Forstchen which starts with "One Second After." There are three books and relevant to our society today. But in the first book after the SHTF a fresh killed squirrel trades for three .22LR cartridges. If I remember correctly, it's been ten years. One to replace the one that killed the squirrel and one for another squirrel to eat, and another to trade again. Trapping is better.

I am reading "The Wasteland" - maybe 50-100 years after SHTF (so far no one who was alive pre-SHTF). A lot of trading going on, almost no ammo. Lot of stealing, lots of scavenging, lot of killing, feral dogs. Some of it not so feasible - like cans of beans still good.

I bought a step van just for this purpose, rescuing ammo-hoarders. Consider me the American Ammo Picker. PM me your address and I will zip on by. :)

When I was a kid, I shot funny, like haha. I had like 150 pieces of 9mm brass and at every shot out of my Hi-Power I'd turn my head and see where my brass landed and go pick it up. Well ok, sometimes I'd do a string of 5 or something and or put down a tarp but boy I was miserly with my precious brass. I'd still lose some every outing but you can get a lotta bang out of a handful of brass and a few hundred pounds of lead.
What was I talking about.? Oh yea, you should probably reload.

When I was a kid, I shot funny, like haha. I had like 150 pieces of 9mm brass and at every shot out of my Hi-Power I'd turn my head and see where my brass landed and go pick it up. Well ok, sometimes I'd do a string of 5 or something and or put down a tarp but boy I was miserly with my precious brass. I'd still lose some every outing but you can get a lotta bang out of a handful of brass and a few hundred pounds of lead.
What was I talking about.? Oh yea, you should probably reload.
Like I was telling my neighbor; I only reload what I can't buy.

I am reading "The Wasteland" - maybe 50-100 years after SHTF (so far no one who was alive pre-SHTF). A lot of trading going on, almost no ammo. Lot of stealing, lots of scavenging, lot of killing, feral dogs. Some of it not so feasible - like cans of beans still good.
The beans are not that unlikely, actually.
Like I was telling my neighbor; I only reload what I can't buy.
So right now, reload everything? :cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads