JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whenever I see ammo I could use at a relatively reasonable price (especially given the current prices), I usually buy it if it is a good sized quantity (sometimes that is just 100 rounds, but usually ~500 rounds or more).

I have tens of thousands of rounds of both centerfire and rimfire (more of the latter than I will probably ever shoot), and no, I won't sell any of it. I have more ammo than some LGSs keep in stock.

Yesterday I bought almost 600 rounds of .40 S&W even though I had more than ten times that amount already. I bought 80 rounds of .460 Mag even though I already had twice that much and rarely shoot it. A couple of months ago I bought 800 rounds of .44 mag, a caliber I rarely shoot.

I can't help myself. I am spiraling out of control. :(

Whenever I see ammo I could use at a relatively reasonable price (especially given the current prices), I usually buy it if it is a good sized quantity (sometimes that is just 100 rounds, but usually ~500 rounds or more).

I have tens of thousands of rounds of both centerfire and rimfire (more of the latter than I will probably ever shoot), and no, I won't sell any of it. I have more ammo than some LGSs keep in stock.

Yesterday I bought almost 600 rounds of .40 S&W even though I had more than ten times that amount already. I bought 80 rounds of .460 Mag even though I already had twice that much and rarely shoot it. A couple of months ago I bought 800 rounds of .44 mag, a caliber I rarely shoot.

Think of it as a retirement plan. The accrued interest and rarity at retirement will be substantial.

I understand the issue. For some reason, when ammo is not easy to find, and you see some for sale, you want to buy it. I was in a store a few weeks ago and they had probably a hundred boxes of 9mm for less than twenty dollars a box I almost bought a couple boxes. I had to really think about why I should not buy this, because I already have enough to last a couple years. I walked away and did not buy any, but it was difficult.

AMMO: The currency for the new millenium!
You should read the series by William R. Forstchen which starts with "One Second After." There are three books and relevant to our society today. But in the first book after the SHTF a fresh killed squirrel trades for three .22LR cartridges. If I remember correctly, it's been ten years. One to replace the one that killed the squirrel and one for another squirrel to eat, and another to trade again. Trapping is better.

* Step 1: Honesty: After many years of denial, recovery can begin with one simple admission of being powerless over ammo.
* Step 2: Faith: It seems to be a spiritual truth, that before a higher power can begin to operate, you must first believe that it can - believe in our lord and savior, John Moses Browning, and he will believe in you.
* Step 3: Surrender: To thy higher power, you must surrender the fate of yourself.
* Step 4: Soul Searching: Recovery is a process, take inventory of yourself and your ammo.
* Step 5: Integrity: Be true to yourself and your gunpowder needs.
* Step 6: Acceptance: Accept your flaws and a life of fewer calibers.
* Step 7: Humility: Have the humility to ask for help in decreasing the rounds in your inventory. I will take one for the team and help you.
* Step 8: Willingness: Make a list of those less fortunate than you and be willing to bequeath upon them a glorious bounty of brass.
* Step 9: Forgiveness: Make amends with your other hobbies, the ones you did before you fell victim to your weakness.
* Step 10: Maintenance: Recovery is a process and you will need to continually divest your rounds to Hueco.
* Step 11: Making Contact: Discover a life unbound by ammo constraints.
* Step 12: Service: Give yourself over to a life of filling magazines for others. It's the only way.

The first step is recognizing you have a problem...

Personally I am not seeing it. ;)

Humble brag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top