JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been shooting since I was very young, and I have been lusting after a suppressor for a good long while. I am 19.

Tell me how I can get a suppressor in the lovely state of oregon. Specifically, I would like one for my 10/22, for pest hunting, and target shooting without disturbing my neighbors over the hill.

I understand that one of the few ways to get one when under 21 but over 18 is to purchase from a non-dealer, form 4 to form 4. Is this possible/feasible, or should I just wait two years? Two years is a long time for someone my age :cool:

advice?

-Dan

Yes Private sales of ANY firearm is legal between two residents of the same state as long as both parties are over 18 per federal law. You will need to check your state laws to see what they allow.

This means for NFA you can either buy one FTF of course with all proper paperwork or you can use a Form 1 and build your own.

Yes Private sales of ANY firearm is legal between two residents of the same state as long as both parties are over 18 per federal law. You will need to check your state laws to see what they allow.

This means for NFA you can either buy one FTF of course with all proper paperwork or you can use a Form 1 and build your own.

So where/who should I go to to buy one of these? Are there people on this forum willing to sell a suppressor to a very trustworthy person under 21?

So where/who should I go to to buy one of these? Are there people on this forum willing to sell a suppressor to a very trustworthy person under 21?

here is a manufacturer in your area, you will need to verify that you can legally own one, then give Alpha Gun Systems, a big bag of money, and your rifle. and wait till your federal paperwork comes back(1 to 3years). then wala!. you can join the ranks of the polite society who shoot quietly.

Alpha Gun Systems LLC

4835 Noren Avenue NE

Keizer, OR 97303

(503) 559-7289 James Buchholz

You can put a WTB ad on these forums. You can search this and other local forms for people that have them for sale. I will say the odds of you finding one are very low since most people buy them to keep them and in most cases the resale value is VERY low.

here is a manufacturer in your area, you will need to verify that you can legally own one, then give Alpha Gun Systems, a big bag of money, and your rifle. and wait till your federal paperwork comes back(1 to 3years). then wala!. you can join the ranks of the polite society who shoot quietly.

Alpha Gun Systems LLC

4835 Noren Avenue NE

Keizer, OR 97303

(503) 559-7289 James Buchholz

He can NOT do this since he is under 21, that is the point of the whole question.

Why a big bag of money? The cost of a .22 silencer is slightly higher then the cost as a 10/22 these days. Do you give a big bag of money for a 10/22?

Also paperwork does NOT take 1-3 years...... It may feel like that long but 6-8 months is what is takes right now.

He can NOT do this since he is under 21, that is the point of the whole question.

Why a big bag of money? The cost of a .22 silencer is about the same cost as a 10/22 these days. Do you give a big bag of money for a 10/22?

Also paperwork does NOT take 1-3 years......
O.K. ya got me. and I think everybody already knows that DAN1477 is a troll who is aware its illegal to own a suppressor or machinegun at the tender age of 19.my original post was for entertainment purposes only and was not based in facts of any kind.,,on purpose... HaaaHaaaHaaaa.:s0155:

O.K. ya got me. and I think everybody already knows that DAN1477 is a troll who is aware its illegal to own a suppressor or machinegun at the tender age of 19.my original post was for entertainment purposes only and was not based in facts of any kind.,,on purpose... HaaaHaaaHaaaa.:s0109:

Not trollin, promise. I'm not the ATF either lol. I will out a wtb, but if anybody has a 22 can laying around and wants a big bag of loot let me know.

O.K. ya got me. and I think everybody already knows that DAN1477 is a troll who is aware its illegal to own a suppressor or machinegun at the tender age of 19.my original post was for entertainment purposes only and was not based in facts of any kind.,,on purpose... HaaaHaaaHaaaa.:s0155:

That is fine if he is a troll but it is NOT illegal for any one over 18 to own NFA items.........

The same rules apply to them as handguns at a federal level. You have to be 21 to purchase from an FFL but only 18 to own/purchase FTF or build your own.

if the form 4 gets approved then the transfer should be all good but you would not be able to take delivery until the form is approved in around 6 months............all sellers will require payment before the transfer begin just so you know

Just a side bar here, but the attempt to purchase if you cannot legally own is a crime in and of itself.
I should add, taking significant documentable steps toward purchasing....
From the interwebs:
Requirements to own a suppressor:
you must be a citizen of the United States
you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a silencer from a dealer
you must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a silencer from an individual on a Form 4 to Form 4 transfer (contingent on state laws)
you must be at least 18 years of age to possess a silencer as a beneficiary of a trust or as a member of a corporation (contingent on state laws)
you cannot be a felon

Says here that I could get one from a trust. Could somebody more... enlightened help me? The info in this thread has confused me even more.

I have been shooting since I was very young, and I have been lusting after a suppressor for a good long while. I am 19.

Tell me how I can get a suppressor in the lovely state of oregon. Specifically, I would like one for my 10/22, for pest hunting, and target shooting without disturbing my neighbors over the hill.

I understand that one of the few ways to get one when under 21 but over 18 is to purchase from a non-dealer, form 4 to form 4. Is this possible/feasible, or should I just wait two years? Two years is a long time for someone my age :cool:

advice?

-Dan

If this isn't a troll post - you can find the links to the process on the ATF website.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

<broken link removed>

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

ATF Online - Forms - Firearms

Give those a read, then if you have questions, call the ATF and get an official opinion. Keep it legal.

he is probably some 47 year old cop (who is touching himself right now!) with nothing better to do than try to get some one to commit, at the very least, conspiracy to commit a felony. Rather than trying to flex your knowledge, just tell these trolls to go to the batf and state doj directly. What the hell would some one who wants correct information come here for?

he is probably some 47 year old cop (who is touching himself right now!) with nothing better to do than try to get some one to commit, at the very least, conspiracy to commit a felony. Rather than trying to flex your knowledge, just tell these trolls to go to the batf and state doj directly. What the hell would some one who wants correct information come here for?

So I dont have to read for 3 and a half hours. I thought somebody would know off of the top of their head. Sorry?

Dan, don't mind the people on the forum. We're just always leery of people as about things that are gray area. I was under the impression that you could only possess NFA items between 18 and 21 if they are in a trust OR you inherit them. This maybe wrong, I gathered it from the internet. Like anything in life, you only know it's right if you do it yourself. I'd read the links that mkwerx posted, worst case is that it takes you 2 years and it becomes a moot point. I'll take a gander at the print copies I have.

Dan, don't mind the people on the forum. We're just always leery of people as about things that are gray area. I was under the impression that you could only possess NFA items between 18 and 21 if they are in a trust OR you inherit them. This maybe wrong, I gathered it from the internet. Like anything in life, you only know it's right if you do it yourself. I'd read the links that mkwerx posted, worst case is that it takes you 2 years and it becomes a moot point. I'll take a gander at the print copies I have.

I'll give it a read then. Much appreciated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top