JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Just got a flyer in the mail supporting I-594:
"Join Law Enforcement and Prosecutors: vote YES on 594"
Cites two prosecutors (Kitsap and King Counties) and one Bellingham Police Chief (Retired)
Also the debunked FBI "study" that says fewer offices and women were shot and killed when the gun show "loophole" was closed.
What the say is somewhat true, but if all the police support they have is ONE retired officer and TWO prosecutors it kind of rings hollow.
Wish the anti-594 and pro 591 groups had the money to send out lies like this.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Thanks for the advice, but don't all Websites and email servers log the IP address?
Not always, plus as a Systems Administrator I can tell you IP addresses are not assigned based on location and there is this thing called NAT (national address translation) your computers IP address does not make it out into the interwebz. At the firewall or router your IP is converted to a publicly facing IP address. If you are on Comcast or some other ISP you have an IP address within their network but once anything goes out to the world wide web wherever you are communicating with just see's whatever Comcast's or you ISP's public IP address is that it is using. Someone would essentially have to check the firewall logs then try and determine which one would be associated with when you emailed then look up that IP address probably using a "who is" command but most of the time it will just have the parent company that owns the IP like Comcast and just give their corporate info. It would take some work to really find out where it came from. It can be done but usually only happens when investigating a crime or if you have a bored security analyst with a lot of time on his hands.

Write letters to your local newspapers detailing the disinformation in these pamphlets.
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I'm in Idaho. My letters would be ineffective.
Problem is the local "news" paper is FOR 594 so it would never get published in time if ever.

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Not always, plus as a Systems Administrator I can tell you IP addresses are not assigned based on location and there is this thing called NAT (national address translation) your computers IP address does not make it out into the interwebz. At the firewall or router your IP is converted to a publicly facing IP address. If you are on Comcast or some other ISP you have an IP address within their network but once anything goes out to the world wide web wherever you are communicating with just see's whatever Comcast's or you ISP's public IP address is that it is using. Someone would essentially have to check the firewall logs then try and determine which one would be associated with when you emailed then look up that IP address probably using a "who is" command but most of the time it will just have the parent company that owns the IP like Comcast and just give their corporate info. It would take some work to really find out where it came from. It can be done but usually only happens when investigating a crime or if you have a bored security analyst with a lot of time on his hands.
And, as an ex-Sys Admin myself I will agree with the above!

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top