Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I-594 is racist.....

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by addiction, Oct 15, 2014.

1. addiction

addiction Monroe Wa Active Member

the best argument I have come up with to deflate Liberals is this......

Do you support voter ID? if your answer is no, because it will disenfranchise the poor who can not afford to get an ID and deprive them of their constitutional right to vote and that would clearly be racist since it would dis proportionally effect minorities.

then...

How can you then support I-594 which has greater ID requirements than a vote ID law? additionally we all know that there will be a fee that will need to be paid for the background which will be a double hit to the poor. So I0594 is clearly targeted at keeping the poor and minorities from exercising their constitutional right to own a firearm.

I-594 is racist.

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Fight fire with fire.

3. GunnyG

GunnyG The Highlands Active Member

Likening it to a "poll tax" is relevant too.

If someone can't afford to pay for the use tax as well another background check, they will have committed a crime if they let that firearm go out of their sight.

Since we are already paying use tax on transfers from out-of-state, I expect that we will be required to pay it for the instate transfer too, unless you can prove that WA has already received any applicable taxes in that firearm.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

A better argument to liberals might be:
    It is well known that non-white people receive harsher sentencing than white people do for similar offenses. The results of the so-called 'war on drugs' show this without a doubt. So why would you expect enforcement of I-594 to be any different?

GunnyG and bnsaibum like this.
  5. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

All gun control is racist in nature. At the core is urban while liberals who fear minorities with guns. Lookit at who is spending all the money to promote I-594... it sure as heck isn't minorities

6. TacticalDragQueen

TacticalDragQueen E.WA Member

I-594 would prevent me from loaning a firearm to my black, latino, Asian, white, gay,straight, trans, male, female,*insert group of law abiding free citizens* for protecting themselves against bigots, racists, stalkers, murders, thugs*insert bad guy group*. Gays with guns don't get bashed.

MikeE and GunnyG like this.