JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wealthy donors invited to I-594 fund raiser tonight

Backers of a 15-page gun control initiative are throwing a little get-together tonight at a private home in Medina, Examiner has learned, and they’re seeking donations that could range upward to several thousand dollars according to the invitation, which local gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms signals a desire “to buy your gun rights.”

<broken link removed>

This is an initiative to the legislature. They must gather over 325,000 signatures by January 4, 2014. If successful, the legislature has to consider the initiative. If they pass it, it becomes law. If they punt, it goes to the people in November of 2014.

If they really wanted to reach the people they should have hosted in a bad neighborhood.

What? And give up valet parking?

Speaking of big money....

Bloomberg a bigger spender than the NRA

There was considerable ballyhoo in yesterday's The Hill story about how much the National Rifle Association has spent in the Virginia governor's race, but the bigger bucks are being spent by billionaire New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's super-PAC, according to Politico.

<broken link removed>

Yeah I got more stuff to worry about Dave, like my health. So next time someone asks for info don't be so condensing. ..

I wasn't trying to be condescending, just merely stating a fact. For any number of reasons &#8212; health not among them until now (get well quick!) &#8212; people aren't paying as much attention to this as they ought to be, and with the election about 2 weeks away, it's easy to get confused.

I suspect you would be astonished at some of the things people say when asked whether they have signed I-591; everything from "Whassat?" to "I signed that but it had a different number" to "I don't want my name on a list."

I'm not sure I want to know the number of people who THOUGHT they were signing 591 when they were actually signing 594 and were just too lazy to stop one second and take a look at what they were signing.

I wasn't trying to be condescending, just merely stating a fact. For any number of reasons — health not among them until now (get well quick!) — people aren't paying as much attention to this as they ought to be, and with the election about 2 weeks away, it's easy to get confused.

I suspect you would be astonished at some of the things people say when asked whether they have signed I-591; everything from "Whassat?" to "I signed that but it had a different number" to "I don't want my name on a list."

I'm not sure I want to know the number of people who THOUGHT they were signing 591 when they were actually signing 594 and were just too lazy to stop one second and take a look at what they were signing.

Lazy and stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what helped immensely in confusing the average Joe on the street is authoring a competing bill (I-591)

Well, by the numbers...I-591 was filed first. The 594 crowd came in about 2-3 weeks later with their scheme.

And waiting in the wings....

Bloomberg's Virginia largesse a warning to Washington rights activists

Today's Washington Post carries a story about New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's political spending to influence the gubernatorial race in Virginia and it should be a signal to Washington gun owners that big money is a serious threat to their rights

<broken link removed>

I wasn't trying to be condescending, just merely stating a fact. For any number of reasons &#8212; health not among them until now (get well quick!) &#8212; people aren't paying as much attention to this as they ought to be, and with the election about 2 weeks away, it's easy to get confused.

Well if I'm not around to see the results from this, thanks for the part you played in it.

I wasn't trying to be condescending, just merely stating a fact. For any number of reasons — health not among them until now (get well quick!) — people aren't paying as much attention to this as they ought to be, and with the election about 2 weeks away, it's easy to get confused.

Plus, since some (all that I saw, except for one, he had 591) of the signature collectors had both 591 and 594 we can't be sure that the 591's even got turned in and will be counted. If 594 backers were as sleazy as I suspect they'd pay for both and destroy the 591's.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Anybody here in the Vancouver area with a peitition? If not, send me a PM with your private mail address and I'll send you a petition. Sign it and get 19 of your pals to sign, too.

I've got two in my pocket right now. Will make it to the Dec show here in Vancouver and fill them up, unless I can fill them sooner!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I had the petition out at my garage sale this simmer. Got several signature there.

When will Bloomberg run out of money to spend trying to be king? Doesn't he know Obama is the front runner for that possition?

So here is the invite for the Spokane event:

You are cordially invited to a fundraising event for the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility. WAGR is working to pass Initiative 594, which simply requires a criminal background check on all gun sales in Washington.

Ron Reed, Debbie Reed, JoAnn Kauffman, and Tom Keefe are hosting the event at PacifiCAD in downtown Spokane on Thursday, November 7th at 5:30 p.m. We would love to have you join us.

We have collected more than 260,000 of the 325,000 signatures needed by January 4th, 2014 to ensure the legislature considers our initiative. In order to guarantee we collect the remaining signatures we need to raise an additional $325,000. We hope you can join us on November 7th and support the campaign in its last phase of signature collection.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top