JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before the cables were installed, I witnessed the same type of cross median accident, but instead of a vehicle crashing through the vegetation, it was a huge square block of cast aluminum that was over 6' tall.
A north bound semi jacked knifed it's trailer after the driver fell asleep and ran into the ditch, and his load parted ways with it's tie down straps.
It looked like something you'd see in the movies.
Picture God rolling some dice down the freeway at 65 mph.
Luckily, it too missed all oncoming south bound traffic.
I will never forget the image of that huge grey block of metal rolling and hopping across the hwy in front of me.

Last Edited:
Picture God rolling some dice down the freeway at 65 mph.
Luckily, it too missed all oncoming south bound traffic.
I will never forget the image of that huge grey block of metal rolling and hopping across the hwy in front of me.
That's certainly more impressive than the tire I saw. Definitely a higher pucker factor.

As a teenager, I was riding in the back seat of a 1966 Pontiac Bonneville that was towing a 19 foot boat a little south of Olympia, WA. A self-loading log truck lost it's left front wheel and crossed the median toward us. Our driver smoothly moved into the left lane to let the tire/wheel cross in front of us, then moved back into the right lane as the truck lunged up the median and leaped into the left lane.

It was so smooth that it took me a while to realize just how dangerous the encounter had been!

The driver had been a pilot of B-17's and B-29's in WWII, and that experience proved to me that he was still "hot." :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top