JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. A WA CPL (concealed pistol licence) means the licensee may take immediate possession of a handgun once NICS issues a proceed.

Starting on or around July 1, 1019 that will no longer be the case. The 10-day waiting period will apply to handguns and assault rifles.

For non-assault long guns a NICS check proceed means the buyer may take immediate possession, for now.

The ten business day waiting period is not mandatory for handguns after 7/1/19. It's whenever the background check comes back from the locals or ten business days, whatever happens first. The waiting period is mandatory for ARs. That's how I read it, anyway.

Does 1639 effect a UTAH CHL reciprocity use in Washington?

No.

View attachment 517678

To me it seems this says they won't give u a pistol without a concealed carry permit i don't know maybe I'm missing something

The part of the initiative that you presented there hasn't changed from former law. When reading new law, only the stuff that is underlined or struck out is new. Everything else is old. Anyway, you can get a pistol without a CPL, it's just a longer process.

Is there magazine capacity restrictions in 1639 .? It was so jammed full of Ignorant garbage I lost track .

No.

View attachment 517678

To me it seems this says they won't give u a pistol without a concealed carry permit i don't know maybe I'm missing something

You are only reading a small part of the law.
WA has had a waiting period for many decades on hand guns. Used to be 5 days when it first started. The idea was the dealer would send info to the buyers CLEO to tell them you intended to buy a hand gun. They waived it if you had a CPL. If you did not have a CPL you had to wait to pick up the hand gun. Over the years more Federal laws have of course been piled on top of the already there state laws.

Just wondering what is the specific definition of a semi automatic assault rifle under I-1639?

They just took the definition of a semi-auto and added "assault rifle" to it:

I-1639 said:
Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

Next will be "semiautomatic assault pistols" and "semiautomatic assault shotguns".............................

Ray

Just wondering what is the specific definition of a semi automatic assault rifle under I-1639?
(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge. "Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.

They just took the definition of a semi-auto and added "assault rifle" to it:
SO is there any distinction for the ammo storage such as removable magazines or did that not make it in the definition.
If not then I assume this would also make semi autos without removable magazines part of the law.

SO is there any distinction for the ammo storage such as removable magazines or did that not make it in the definition.
If not then I assume this would also make semi autos without removable magazines part of the law.

No distinction on ammo feeding. Makes no difference if it's a tube, integral or removable magazine, all that matters is that it's semi auto.

Ray

So I have been blessed with the opportunity and timing of buying a house in Longview just days before this passed. Extremely pissed about the timing. Anyways. I was wondering what it would take to start a 2nd amendment preservation petition like Columbia county in Oregon did as well as multiple counties in Oregon. I want to get something like that started so that way I can keep my guns and not have to worry about being a criminal for crossing over the river.. Where do I start?
When does all this take effect

Next will be "semiautomatic assault pistols" and "semiautomatic assault shotguns".............................
Ray

I believe I-1639's definition of semi-auto AR already encompasses a semi-auto shotgun.

Whitehouse Petition:

To abolish unlawful, unjust, and unconstitutional gun laws in Washington state (I-1639).

To abolish unlawful, unjust, and unconstitutional gun laws in Washington state (I-1639). | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

The White House cannot do anything about I-1639 or any other piece of state legislation. The only federal branch of government that can do anything is the judicial branch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top