JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, the Deep State in Washington has done it again. Today, a judge placed a preliminary injunction on I-976, the tax reduction intitiative involving transportation issues. Basis for the Deep State fighing this is that the initiative violated the state constitution by being concerned with more than one subject. The judge was also concerned about the title of the initiative which was thought by some as being misleading. Not to those of us who wanted tax relief!

Okay, compare this to I-1639, the semi-automatic rifle restrictions, etc. Which definitely involved multiple subjects. Semi-auto rifle restrictions. Of which there were several, so it could be argued that these were all about the same subject, semi-auto rifles. But also part of this initiative was the establishment of criminal liability for failing to store firearms safely. Also, the dealer safety warning requirements. So I-1639 was concerned with multiple subjects but I suppose lenient legal interpretation was given to this as all relating to gun safety.

Well, all the multiple subjects in I-976 similarly dealt with one basic subject, TAXATION.

The Deep State will get what it wants. Since they are in charge, they are concerned with administrative matters. They know that their vassals in the courts will eventually throw out I-976. Knowing this, they don't want the inconvenience of having to undo the implementation of I-976 which was supposed to take place in early December. So the prelim injunction saves them all that trouble.

Well, the Deep State in Washington has done it again. Today, a judge placed a preliminary injunction on I-976, the tax reduction intitiative involving transportation issues. Basis for the Deep State fighing this is that the initiative violated the state constitution by being concerned with more than one subject. The judge was also concerned about the title of the initiative which was thought by some as being misleading. Not to those of us who wanted tax relief!

Okay, compare this to I-1639, the semi-automatic rifle restrictions, etc. Which definitely involved multiple subjects. Semi-auto rifle restrictions. Of which there were several, so it could be argued that these were all about the same subject, semi-auto rifles. But also part of this initiative was the establishment of criminal liability for failing to store firearms safely. Also, the dealer safety warning requirements. So I-1639 was concerned with multiple subjects but I suppose lenient legal interpretation was given to this as all relating to gun safety.

Well, all the multiple subjects in I-976 similarly dealt with one basic subject, TAXATION.

The Deep State will get what it wants. Since they are in charge, they are concerned with administrative matters. They know that their vassals in the courts will eventually throw out I-976. Knowing this, they don't want the inconvenience of having to undo the implementation of I-976 which was supposed to take place in early December. So the prelim injunction saves them all that trouble.
What I don't understand is how the legislature can over ride the Will of the people. The people of Washington voted for $30.00 car tabs and they want to ignore that? We all know 1639 is purposely vague but that doesn't stop the liberals from liking the way the people voted on that one. This state is being ruined by the same mentality and party that ruined Portland. It has spread to Seattle too. They are like a plague, where ever they go to get away from what they dislike they ruin that new place and try to make it like californistan. I don't get it.

Not to brag, (brag brag), but I said this would happen way back in the original
thread about this initiative and it's chances in the courts.
I believe this is either the 2nd or 3rd time $30 car tabs have been voted in.
It will be the 2nd or 3rd time they are shot down.
Ain't it great when our system works?..........o_O

It's just more blatantly obvious proof that most of our elected officials are going to do what they want to do.

They don't care if it's stupid, plainly illegal, in direct conflict with the states own constitution, or the U.S. Constitution.

They don't care what the people think, how they vote, or what we say.

They have most of the money and all of the power.

They just say "We are passing this law. If you dont like it, take it to the Supreme Court. Good luck with that. We'll see you in 10 years after you've spent millions of dollars getting it there. Until then, we're going to keep doing thing our way. Go f**k yourselves for stupidly believing you have the freedom to question your betters."

People in this state better wake up and realize this will come to them soon. Vote these oath violating, treasonous bast**ds out.

The soap box and ballot box are continually proving to be less and less effective, and the third box which hasn't been used in a while would be quite an interesting time.
Well, it's too late to vote them out and too early to start hanging them.
the-tree-of-liberty-must-be-refreshed-from-time-to-20536589.png

The entire initiative process is a scam and should be thrown out with the crooked politicians that use it for their benefit.

Pure democracy was never the intention of our republic. Especially when the crooks use double standards and an unlevel playing field to allow what they want to pass while disqualifying what they dont like.

The entire initiative process is a scam and should be thrown out with the crooked politicians that use it for their benefit.

Pure democracy was never the intention of our republic. Especially when the crooks use double standards and an unlevel playing field to allow what they want to pass while disqualifying what they dont like.
This.

It's just more blatantly obvious proof that most of our elected officials are going to do what they want to do.

They don't care if it's stupid, plainly illegal, in direct conflict with the states own constitution, or the U.S. Constitution.

They don't care what the people think, how they vote, or what we say.

They have most of the money and all of the power.

They just say "We are passing this law. If you dont like it, take it to the Supreme Court. Good luck with that. We'll see you in 10 years after you've spent millions of dollars getting it there. Until then, we're going to keep doing thing our way. Go f**k yourselves for stupidly believing you have the freedom to question your betters."

People in this state better wake up and realize this will come to them soon. Vote these oath violating, treasonous bast**ds out.
Well said.

I say let their suit go forward. If they win their arguments then the decision will be precedent for the 1639 lawsuit.

Last Edited:
I have to ask, so what did anyone think would happen? How many times has this been passed now? Anyone paying $30 for tabs? Anyone really think this time it would work? The problem is the people who vote for this also vote back into office the same people who give them the middle finger and laugh at them. Then people wonder why this does not work???? :s0054:

Isn't this what, in part, spurred the French Revolution? The king overtaxed, overburdened and over ruled the populace...and IGNORED them!
Well yes but, here we have the people who scream and yell turn around and vote the same people back into office. Then they wonder why they are ignored? If you can't get them to vote people like this out you are never going to get them to fight anything. They for the most part yell a little, then vote the same people back in again. Rinse and repeat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top