JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From Sporting Systems website: You are not required to show proof of training when purchasing a semi-automatic rifle

From atg.wa.gov: The purchaser must provide the dealer with a certification stating, under the penalty of perjury that the purchaser has completed the training within the last five years and that the training included instruction on basic firearms safety rules

Can I get confirmation on this? I was talking to my LGS about a rifle and they said that I had to bring it in and show proof.

From Sporting Systems website: You are not required to show proof of training when purchasing a semi-automatic rifle

From atg.wa.gov: The purchaser must provide the dealer with a certification stating, under the penalty of perjury that the purchaser has completed the training within the last five years and that the training included instruction on basic firearms safety rules

Can I get confirmation on this? I was talking to my LGS about a rifle and they said that I had to bring it in and show proof.

The certification is you checking box #4 on the SAR form and signing it under penalty of law. The dealer signs that document, that you are testifying factually under penalty of false swearing. The fact the dealer cannot read or understand the RCW, yeah we cant fix that. If you printed your own certificate, does the dealer have an obligation to call the certificate issuer and verify their program meets state requirements? FYI - I've been deposed by the Washington AG on our course, they had NO problem with our statements, they went trough lots of other things, and I spent 8 hours in that deposition.

I have heard that South Sound 911 is instructing FFLs to keep the certificate in their files and to forward a copy to the government. I do not have first hand knowledge of that, and I have not heard of any dealers telling the government to justify the request, which goes beyond the RCW requirements.

I have heard that South Sound 911 is instructing FFLs to keep the certificate in their files and to forward a copy to the government. I do not have first hand knowledge of that, and I have not heard of any dealers telling the government to justify the request, which goes beyond the RCW requirements.

That would be a direct violation of their statutory authority. FYI - well sell a lot of guns that are processed through SS911. They've never asked for that. Not once.

Just another data point. Got this response from a different store today regarding proof. Not something to argue with them about, but there must not be a lot of clarity on the way it's being communicated around what "proof" consists of:
I want a copy of it so that way when the state comes and does an adult on us I can supply them with a copy proving that you had taken the class otherwise I am going to get a fine

I don't even live in Washington and I have one of these SS completion certificates. I am and continue to be so much safer for the WA government's anti-2A virtue signaling. Really, people see me walking down the street and say "there goes one educated and safe dude!" :s0140:

I don't even live in Washington and I have one of these SS completion certificates. I am and continue to be so much safer for the WA government's anti-2A virtue signaling. Really, people see me walking down the street and say "there goes one educated and safe dude!" :s0140:
Frame it, and hang it on the wall in your study next to your Ph.D. in triggernometry (oh, wait, that's bbbass ;)).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top