JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fix is really simple.

Improper/non-compliant/erroneous petitions = voided petitions. Next.

It really is that simple

What's popular isn't always right. What's right isn't always popular.

Boss

I-1639 creates a condition where a person wishing to excercise their 2A rights is required to give up their HIPA and 4th Amendment rights. This creates a situation where 2A is no longer a right, and is unduly encumbered as a permission. I-1639 is also a direct violation of the D.C. vs. Heller SCOTUS decision.

I-1639 is also a direct violation of the D.C. vs. Heller SCOTUS decision.
From what I understand, the Supremes are getting pretty fed up with various anti-gun and anti-gun ownership laws being passed in lower jurisdictions that deliberately ignore the precidents they've decided on. To them, Heller l and ll, Miller, etc, were pretty clear. It's why they've refused to hear gun law cases recently... kind of like, "We're DONE with this, quit effing-around!"

I have a feeling this one might make the dockett in the future.

There's about a dozen interesting comments in the link to the article now.

It would seem everyone is sort of on the edge of their seat to see what happens next.

Answers sooner than later would certainly help...hopefully this doesn't become a slow walk until Nov. and then 'Surprise, it's on the ballot.'

Hopefully the recent ITAR and CA. Mag confiscation victories are getting noted.

BOSS

Not only does it force the individual to forfeit their HIPPA rights, it reclassified *any* semiauto as a "semiautomatic assault rifle"

So, my Great Grandfather's.22 Browning squirrel gun becomes an assault rifle.

This Iniative is terrible in every conceivable way.

Not only does it force the individual to forfeit their HIPPA rights, it reclassified *any* semiauto as a "semiautomatic assault rifle"

So, my Great Grandfather's.22 Browning squirrel gun becomes an assault rifle.

This Iniative is terrible in every conceivable way.

Just another step in the ultimate agenda...

We need is a picture of a Barrett M95 .50 caliber bolt action with a .50 round next to a pink-stocked Ruger 10/22 with a .22LR round with something like 'So, you think the .22 is the scarier 'assault rifle'?Riiiighhhhhtttt:rolleyes:'

Spread.The.Word. LOTS of folks not paying attention on this one.

BOSS

I have compiled a paper list (no links) of all gun stores in the Grays Harbor, Thurston, Mason & Lewis counties.

Of those that do have websites I will contact electronically. Those with no email or links I will try & call before I drive to their business & hand deliver NO on I-1639 information.

I have compiled a paper list (no links) of all gun stores in the Grays Harbor, Thurston, Mason & Lewis counties.

Of those that do have websites I will contact electronically. Those with no email or links I will try & call before I drive to their business & hand deliver NO on I-1639 information.

I am personally going to each store in my area (Thurston and Pierce counties as time permits) to drop off the SOS handout and one of my own (see here for mine Washington - the public safety and semiautomatic assault rifle act )

Ray

Thinking about this more, what their goal may be is for the 'end to justify the means.'

*If* they can get this on the ballot and it passes, it will essentially be used as a null & void argument on the non-compliant signature gathering.

It would probably go something like this, with a lot more legalese thrown in..."Yeah, sure the petitions weren't legal, but the voters...they obviously want this common sense safety law passed. Are we going to let some pesky 'technicalities' stop the will of the people? Especially if it saves just one life, won't it be worth it???"

A similar argument is probably being used to keep it on the ballot 'With this controversy, Well let's just see what the people want?'

And then it'll be like 594, and we'll be stuck with it. But I-1639 chokes at the source, the dealer...your options will be to comply or to not purchase...so it's a win/win for the opposition. You're either now subjected to I-1639, life time background checks, etc. or you stop buying, which means you don't have the applicable firearms, and/or gun shops will suffer and may go out of business. I-1639 really is diabolical.

As I have repeatedly said, better to keep it off the books, then get it off the books.

Do/donate what ya can. Spread.The.Word. November is coming fast.

BOSS

Thinking about this more, what their goal may be is for the 'end to justify the means.'

*If* they can get this on the ballot and it passes, it will essentially be used as a null & void argument on the non-compliant signature gathering.

It would probably go something like this, with a lot more legalese thrown in..."Yeah, sure the petitions weren't legal, but the voters...they obviously want this common sense safety law passed. Are we going to let some pesky 'technicalities' stop the will of the people? Especially if it saves just one life, won't it be worth it???"

A similar argument is probably being used to keep it on the ballot 'With this controversy, Well let's just see what the people want?'

And then it'll be like 594, and we'll be stuck with it. But I-1639 chokes at the source, the dealer...your options will be to comply or to not purchase...so it's a win/win for the opposition. You're either now subjected to I-1639, life time background checks, etc. or you stop buying, which means you don't have the applicable firearms, and/or gun shops will suffer and may go out of business. I-1639 really is diabolical.

As I have repeatedly said, better to keep it off the books, then get it off the books.

Do/donate what ya can. Spread.The.Word. November is coming fast.

BOSS

I believe you're right, that turd Ferguson and every leftist, from the lowest level bureaucrat to those partisan activists on the WA state supreme court, will do everything possible (legal or not, as their hypocrisy knows no bounds) to make sure this gets on the ballot. You know for a fact, that had this issue been on any Tim Eyman initiative, it would already have been found illegal and invalid.

Ray

Last Edited:
NVM found one here:
https://www.wethegoverned.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/finaltext_1531.pdf
Would this not overide the state allowing you to get your firearms rights back?
i) CAUTION: Although state and local laws do not differ,
federal law and state law on the possession of firearms differ. If
you are prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm, you may
be prosecuted in federal court. State permission to purchase a
firearm is not a defense to a federal prosecution;

From my own research online federal law, even though at the federal level there are no federal steps to regain gun rights at the federal level States are allowed to do so. Plus it says at the federal level if a state does allow then they can't be federally charged.
But since these a holes put this language in this me thinks that they hope people will be charged federally even if State law allows for firearms restoral!
Federal Restrictions on Gun Ownership by Convicted Felons | David J. Shestokas
Regardless I hope this is defeated somehow!

But this thing scares the heck out of me.

That is some very disturbing information and it's no wonder we are screwed on the west coast. Not a set of balls among the whole group, including the females...:eek::eek::eek:
Oh, they have balls, they're just playing for the other team... because THEY know what's best for us stupid proles.

Ya know, the same exact attitude that got Trump rammed up the GOP's arse sideways and without lube via Base Voter Backlash.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top