JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a semiautomatic "assault" rifle is transferred to me does that waive my HIPAA privacy the same as purchasing one would?
Not a lawyer but I can't see how it would not. The transfer as far as I can see, is just the same as you buying one. Only way I see around it is build your own, for now. It is stupid easy to do so may as well do it before they ban that next. Many, many gun owners are going to do nothing as the law makers work to do away with this right too sadly.

Not a lawyer but I can't see how it would not. The transfer as far as I can see, is just the same as you buying one. Only way I see around it is build your own, for now. It is stupid easy to do so may as well do it before they ban that next. Many, many gun owners are going to do nothing as the law makers work to do away with this right too sadly.
AKs aren't even close to stupid easy, i guess i just need to hope 1094 goes through. the transfer wouldn't be until next august.

AKs aren't even close to stupid easy, i guess i just need to hope 1094 goes through. the transfer wouldn't be until next august.
Yes sadly some of the guns covered by this stupid law are not. On those, not much to do sadly. Other than make sure you vote, and try to make sure every gun owner you know starts to vote well also. It is the only thing that will slow this down and maybe turn the ship.

Yes they are stupid easy if you have all the right tooling. I have built a couple dozen through the years. So are HK's. I have built several of those also.

Here's another tack to push on 1094...

Just like I-976 versus Sound Transit's ever greater avarice, these aren't just about the stated purpose, they're about Seattle's contempt for all the rest of us and everything we value, and our chance to strike back and remind them that THEY are not the extent of the universe. The only way we do that is if whenever Seattle tries to poke at one of our groups--gun guys, car guys, farm guys, whatever--ALL of us Outsiders need to close ranks and remind them "WE are this state too, and if you have a problem with OUR values then FEEL FREE TO LEAVE."

I honestly want them to win.
Every argument they cite can be used in our lawsuits to beat 1639. They would be precedent and it would be great to win the case using their arguments.
Their heads would explode!:D

It's too bad I-1094 wasn't on this November's ballot rather than the 2020 ballot. This November saw a 45% registered voter turnout compared the 2018 which saw 72%. My guess is 2020 with President Trump vying for reelection will see record turnout, especially in deep blue WA. Likewise I don't think the likes of I-976 would stand a ghost chance in 2020, I can see the media optics now; Trump-Eyman the twin heads of Methuselah.

Take THIS seattle... And I still say if any court decides to toss this over 'multiple subjects' then 1639 has to be tossed as well....... cause ya already know you voters outside of seattle & king county are just a bunch of ignorant inbred backwoods hillbillys.

Clint Didier tries to stop lawsuit challenging $30 car tab law.
[email protected]
Clint Didier has filed to intervene in support of limiting car tabs to $30 in the King County Superior Court lawsuit attempting to block Initiative 976 from taking effect.

Didier, a Franklin County commissioner, filed in the lawsuit Friday with four other Mid-Columbia taxpayers after failing to get his fellow county commissioners to agree to have the county file as a third-party intervenor in the case.

Dan

What complete frickin BS! I'm sure everyone know's about this, but I did not. I go to pick up my new pistol that just came in and am told that your CWP basically don't mean squat now, as far as walking out the door with my purchase. So I'm supposed to wait 5-10 days for the Battleground police to do they're thing, before I can get it. I'm just livid. I think they want to make buying a gun so frustrating, that you will just say F/%-# it. This is messed up. I hope, I can move out of this State someday. Argh.

What complete frickin BS! I'm sure everyone know's about this, but I did not. I go to pick up my new pistol that just came in and am told that your CWP basically don't mean squat now, as far as walking out the door with my purchase. So I'm supposed to wait 5-10 days for the Battleground police to do they're thing, before I can get it. I'm just livid. I think they want to make buying a gun so frustrating, that you will just say F/%-# it. This is messed up. I hope, I can move out of this State someday. Argh.
Yup. Sucks and your check goes to the Sheriffs office, and they are one of the slowest agencies around. Are you emailing on calling your state legislators? They're about to pile a whole new lump of restrictions on you.

This has been the situation since last July. Please send emails to all of your state representatives, call their offices, and tell them that your constitutional rights are not up for vote. They need to focus on the criminals not the law abiding responsible gun owners.

The legislators had very little, if anything, to do with I-1639.

The passage of that initiative by an overwhelming number of votes has emboldened them to push further, I don't see why they would not.

I don't agree with the initiative or the upcoming assault but complaining to elected representatives with made up minds is an exercise in futility. Being told to go pound sand gets tiring after a while, no matter how much honey they pour on their automated responses.

Here again is the reason we have this mess. I keep hearing the we are outnumbered and can do nothing excuse. I keep saying the biggest problem is gun owners who do not pay any attention to what law makers are doing. I keep hoping more gun owners will finally wake up and vote.
Sadly for the OP it could easily be more than 10 days depending on which shop you bought from.

The legislators had very little, if anything, to do with I-1639.

The passage of that initiative by an overwhelming number of votes has emboldened them to push further, I don't see why they would not.

I don't agree with the initiative or the upcoming assault but complaining to elected representatives with made up minds is an exercise in futility. Being told to go pound sand gets tiring after a while, no matter how much honey they pour on their automated responses.
The only thing elected law makers fear is losing their job. If some start getting voted out of office others will suddenly change how they make laws. Many of them will still be just as anti rights as they are now but, if it means keeping that job of theirs they will no longer push for the taking of rights from the law abiding.

The only thing elected law makers fear is losing their job. If some start getting voted out of office others will suddenly change how they make laws. Many of them will still be just as anti rights as they are now but, if it means keeping that job of theirs they will no longer push for the taking of rights from the law abiding.

From what I can tell WA lawmakers earn $48,731 per year for their part-time jobs in Olympia. I have no idea what motivates folks but unless a legislator is otherwise retired or unemployable that's not much to lose if you don't get rehired. I'm sure glad handing with the Gov etc is a fringe benefit but still, it's a lot of time spent for not much financial reward.

I do agree 100% though, if a big one or two were toppled, maybe they'd reconsider their inclination to drop the hammer. I recall something like this happened in Colorado when their legislature went off the rails.

I get the feeling that you were one of the folks who didn't vote back when 1639 was on the ballot. Or you may have been mislead by the bogus title of the initiative and voted for it. If I'm wrong, I apologize. However, this is still a case of getting and staying informed and getting active to oppose future anti-freedom initiatives and legislation.
Now you've been burnt and so...
, 1580346731638.png

Last Edited:
From what I can tell WA lawmakers earn $48,731 per year for their part-time jobs in Olympia. I have no idea what motivates folks but unless a legislator is otherwise retired or unemployable that's not much to lose if you don't get rehired. I'm sure glad handing with the Gov etc is a fringe benefit but still, it's a lot of time spent for not much financial reward.

I do agree 100% though, if a big one or two were toppled, maybe they'd reconsider their inclination to drop the hammer. I recall something like this happened in Colorado when their legislature went off the rails.
Sounds like the strategy is "Pick One and Make 'Em Famous." It needs to be somebody in Leadership, somebody high visibility... problem is all the Leadership are Seattle/Tacoma/Bellingham Leftists, who could be caught balls-deep into a dead kid and the Concrete Jungle Monkeys would STILL re-elect them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top