JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Certain members of my extended family have the intelligence and judgment of a turnip, bless their little hearts. Give them that kind of control by virtue of genetic lottery? Hah!
I say NO to turnip laws!

Last Edited:
I-1491 Supporters (including the Mayor of Vancouver) gathering in SW Washington on Thursday 9/8/16 at Noon at the corner of Northeast 190th Avenue and 73rd Street
Gun-control advocates plan visit

The mayor is a pompous bubblegum, I had a class with him back in college.
Won the seat by "promising" there would be no "Tolls" on the then newly proposed new bridge. 3 months after election he up and states "no way to do this without tolls" then they wasted millions on lunches and meetings until they ran out of time for federal funding and hosed the entire project.

I am so glad I do not live in their city limits and pitty the people who do...

The Columbia Editor is a jack wagon also IMO. I quit reading any articles because of his editorials and obvious bias on many issues.

Sucks to boycot them because they do cover some local stuff the Portland papers do not but I won't be giving them any internet traffic if I can avoid it.

image.jpeg Almost more reporters than supporters

They are going to edit photos (and probably all multimedia) together from across the State to give the appearance they all occurred at once/they have a groundswell of grassroots supporters. At least two of the Puget Sound Ladies (including Stephanie Ervin, campaign manager for Yes on I-1491.) are wearing the exact same outfit today that they wore during the event that the Columbian ran a photo of in their cover story.
upload_2016-9-8_17-35-27.png
They can both be seen talking to the press today
upload_2016-9-8_17-44-19.png

Could you imagine being married to one of these bubblebums? Sheer idiocy...when supporters a "this law could" it means, we want your guns and will do anything to take them away. Stricter drunk driving laws "could" reduce vehicular homicide but you don't see a bunch of new initiatives on those. Restricting Pokemon Go in public.... laws WOULD reduce injuries and accidents and improve work place productivity but I didn't see a bunch of signatures being gathered for that.

Brutus Out

I want to submit for everyone to consider, the following link to a .PDF file describing Joel's law. Decide for yourself if we need the proposed initiative or not.

This is but one source of information, you may review the historical record at the legislatures website.

~Whitney

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/defaul...20Petition.pdf

Summary:
On July 24, 2015, Chapter 71.05 Revised Code of Washington (RCW), goes into effect. This new section is called Joel's Law. This allows a person's immediate family member, legal guardian, or conservator to petition the superior court for initial detention under certain conditions.

A Joel's Law Petition may be filed under the following circumstances:
*You are an immediate family member, legal guardian, or conservator of the person that you seek to have detained. The law defines "immediate family member" as a spouse, domestic partner, child, stepchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, or sibling;

*A Designated Mental Health Professional (DMHP) has conducted an investigation and decided not to detain that person for evaluation and treatment; or

*It has been 48 hours since the DMHP received a request for investigation, and the DMHP has not taken action to have the person detained

Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to your county's Superior Court and ask the clerk for a Joel's Law Petition for Initial Detention." The petition requires the following:
 A description of the relationship between you and the person you are seeking to have detained; and
 The date the investigation was requested from the DMHP. In the petition, the person you are seeking to have detained will be called the "Respondent."
2. Complete a written and sworn declaration in support of your petition that describes why the person should be detained. You may describe past behavior, including a history of one or more violent acts, such as behavior that resulted in death, attempted suicide, nonfatal injuries, or substantial damage to property. You may also list prior commitments or determinations of incompetency or insanity.

I want to submit for everyone to consider, the following link to a .PDF file describing Joel's law. Decide for yourself if we need the proposed initiative or not.

This is but one source of information, you may review the historical record at the legislatures website.

~Whitney

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/defaul...20Petition.pdf

Summary:
On July 24, 2015, Chapter 71.05 Revised Code of Washington (RCW), goes into effect. This new section is called Joel's Law. This allows a person's immediate family member, legal guardian, or conservator to petition the superior court for initial detention under certain conditions.

A Joel's Law Petition may be filed under the following circumstances:
*You are an immediate family member, legal guardian, or conservator of the person that you seek to have detained. The law defines "immediate family member" as a spouse, domestic partner, child, stepchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, or sibling;

*A Designated Mental Health Professional (DMHP) has conducted an investigation and decided not to detain that person for evaluation and treatment; or

*It has been 48 hours since the DMHP received a request for investigation, and the DMHP has not taken action to have the person detained

Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to your county's Superior Court and ask the clerk for a Joel's Law Petition for Initial Detention." The petition requires the following:
 A description of the relationship between you and the person you are seeking to have detained; and
 The date the investigation was requested from the DMHP. In the petition, the person you are seeking to have detained will be called the "Respondent."
2. Complete a written and sworn declaration in support of your petition that describes why the person should be detained. You may describe past behavior, including a history of one or more violent acts, such as behavior that resulted in death, attempted suicide, nonfatal injuries, or substantial damage to property. You may also list prior commitments or determinations of incompetency or insanity.
OK. Nope, don't need it.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads