JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought three boxes of SPP today.
Not that I needed them but did it just so I could feel that sense of 'urgency' that takes over, and removes all control of one's rational buying decisions.
Guess what ? I Didn't feel a thing - I just have 300 more primers is all!

Last Edited:
The anti-gun position is often rooted in ignorance. Call it anecdotal, but I don't recall EVER encountering an anti-gunner that actually knew what they were talking about.

They tend to know a handful of phony distorted statistics (e.g. you're more likely to kill someone by accident than prevent a crime if you have a gun), and all of the talking points (e.g. if it would save just one life, it's worth it).

But ultimately, they tend to know nothing about guns, and very little about gun laws.

How many times have you heard someone calling for a ban on something already effectively banned, or doesn't actually happen anyways?

I would suspect that being forced to learn something about guns could be beneficial to gun rights. If you previously believed it's "easier to buy a gun than a book" as Barack Obama once famously claimed, you've likely had a rude awakening as to whether that's really the case if you recently tried to buy a gun.

Did you previously believe gun stores were run by scofflaw merchants of death who put profit above all else and would gladly look the other way if you didn't wanna bother with a BGC or waiting period because they just want your money? You've likely learned otherwise if you've recently tried to buy a gun.

Did you previously think there's online gun sellers that would overnight any gun you could imagine to your doorstep, no questions asked? Again, you've likely learned otherwise if you tried to buy a gun online.

Not to suggest all of these people have now become friends to gun rights, but folks have definitely learned some things they may not unlearn. Probably not the guy from the article but some people.

I'm putting this geek in the same catagory I keep the dimwits who make a big show of cutting up a gun with a chopsaw after a mass shooting.

I'm sure dude thought he'd get a lot of LIKEs and, "You GO. girl!" from the gun community... doesn't seem to be the case.

My original question of, "Why did TTAG even publish it?" is now joined by, "Why didn't man-bun sell it to Vox or Slate, or The Trace?". Did b*tch-hands shop it around first? Or just go straight to TTAG?

I'm very curious (suspicious) about the motives of both entities.

And yet the writer still clings to a holier than thou attitude. I hope his gun jams at the worst possible time

Yeah, if you're a sequestered closet-case.
Some people actually take the time to seek out other people's opinions, consider history, and view the world from other points of view instead of just assuming that the entire world is as cloistered and safe as you are.

Penthouse Bolshevik.

Nerf your own world...

A lot of the stuff you you write here makes me think of this....

I'm not a suck up, really.

Well, that didn't take much, I wonder if the author will be selling that Glock on the used market in two months? Maybe it was a wake up call, redefining "woke".

I look forward to purchasing them at a discount once the owner jumps into fairy tail land again that nothing bad will ever happen and we will always operate as a first world country.

I'm also annoyed my purchasing selection is now limited by a bunch of people that didn't value firearms before a month ago.

Here's hoping they discover the joy of the sport in the process.

A lot of the stuff you you write here makes me think of this....

I'm not a suck up, really.
According to his brother's book (Brother Sam, by, uh... Sam's brother... something something Kinison, I suppose), Sam was an introverted kid until he was hit by a car and suffered a traumatic head injury... was never the same afterwards.
Same thing happened to Rosanne Barr-nold as a youngster and helps explain some of her wackiness.

I, on the other hand, have no such mitigating traumas to account for my boorishness.

I realize that in your post YOU were Kinison and I was Dangerfield... still didn't stop me from blathering-on about trivia.

I guess the other factor that determines how the neutral and anti folks will go moving forward depends on just how long this current situation goes on and how bad it gets. If it starts to mend in a month or two, and businesses start reopening, then their guns will probably go the way of generators after Y2K.

However some are saying things shouldn't start going back to normal for something like 18 months. There are already police departments that are reducing law enforcement activities, already reports that burglaries are up in some cities, already locales pushing to release prison inmates to reduce crowding. If the economy continues being hobbled for that long... that's still more joblessness and more crime.

Big city cops are reducing their response to criminals, but their country cousin cops keep doing 'their jobs'...

Wonder why that is...?

A prison in WA state had a large riot last night over the virus . The left coast is releasing prisoners. That have no job ,no home, no money ,no food and the police are social distancing . I wonder where it will lead .:rolleyes:

SX,

Letting prisoners out early is one helluva weak kneed response.

Just as bad as letting those out of prison felons/ex cons prey on the law abiding and not arresting and slamming them back in prison.

The world is upside down...

SX,

Letting prisoners out early is one helluva weak kneed response.

Just as bad as letting those out of prison felons/ex cons prey on the law abiding and not arresting and slamming them back in prison.

The world is upside down...

If they are lifers warming up old sparky could make some room .

To be fair to these cretins they should be given a choice: Old Sparky, or Hanged or Drilled by a firing squad...no easy peasy nice and easy drug overdose.

The new gun owner continues being anti-gun...weird, not just hypocritical.

Wanna bet which way he'll continue to vote?

But, but, but welcome these people, train them, love them....nope!
These people will still vote for and put into power people like Sen. Schumer, Pelosi, Clinton, Gov. Brown, etc. They are not "gun owners"... they just own a gun. A VERY big difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top