JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy is a dick. He was one, and still is... spouting all the well worn cliches, talking points, virtue signaling, dog whistles, and so on. Just sickening to read all that BS and it makes me want to argue the points we all know so well... but alas, what a waste of time that would be!!

In light of my recent rant in the SB941 thread, I have extraordinaily little patience for these people right now.

Yeah, yeah... be nice to the noobs, I know.

Just stay away from me, nimrod... Im not in the mood to be magnanimous.

I'd be nice to one that was not spouting all the same BS this guy was, I've gotten even more peeved with it recently.

The bottom line for this anti-gun guy was... "The question I asked myself: What do I need to do to feel safe and protect my family?"

We've been aware of this type of person for some time... now they are swarming like when the carpenter ants fly about in the spring.

My understanding is this has been a very interesting time especially in California . I had read some blurb in the news about Many Californians being shocked to discover that they couldn't just hop on the Internet and order a gun as easily as gun control advocates have been claiming for years. I am hoping that this will wake a lot of people up in days and months to come.
All I can hope is that we stop hearing about gun control for a while, but I doubt it!

"Hope springs eternal."

The new gun owner continues being anti-gun...weird, not just hypocritical.

Wanna bet which way he'll continue to vote?

But, but, but welcome these people, train them, love them....nope!

As I wrote in another thread, I don't mind taking noobs out to shoot, but not one like this... if they can't keep their BS thinking to themselves, they ain't goin with me. If I know about their BS thinking, they ain't goin with me.

Cool story, bro.

Looks like fiction to me. A douche like the author claims to be would never have friends that own guns.

Actually, I think that SHTF brings these people out. There are more FUDDs with guns than my dog can shake a stick at. This is the kind of guy we see in an apocalyptic movie that shoots at shadows, noises, whenever he is scared, shoots bystanders and innocents, shoots when he gets angry, etc. They can't/won't control their feelings, their fears, nor themselves in an emergency.

I'm extremely skeptical of this "article." It seems more like a fluff piece written by someone at the TTAG website rather than an actual person.

For one thing, where the hell is the rest of the article? It just cuts off in the middle of the story?

Weak thinking (and/or at least, writing).

1) Why guns and not food and other preps? Do people really think that this is all going to degenerate into a zombie apocalypse and not just problems with the supply pipelines for a year or two. Granted, it could get worse, and it is, but not a SHTF event per se.

It seems to me another example of "ooh, everybody else is buying these, maybe I should too?" - the bit about lines at a gun store is very telling in that respect. More of an emotional reaction than a rational one.

"I don't overreact" ?? I think this is a classic case of overreacting.

2) The worst case scenario hasn't happened before? What? Look at history. Worst case scenarios happen all the time - this person just hasn't experienced one - yet. Other people have. There is no reason to state that a worst case scenario has never happened before and therefore you can't prepare for it. This person is conflating the concept of a 'black swan' (unknown unknown) event with a worst case scenario. The current events are not Black Swan events, and people have thought them thru before. We have had pandemics, and we know how to deal with them (even though we are not doing a good job of it currently).

Interesting for sure...

I do disagree with his statement that :
"I'm still in a bit of disbelief that there is a dangerous weapon in my house..."

I'd argue that the gun is not a dangerous weapon.
Its all in how a person uses it.
A gun can be used safely or dangerously....but in and of itself it is just a gun.
A gun can do nothing , until someone , a person , uses it....otherwise it just sits there....
Well maybe it rusts over time....but it can't do anything until a person does something with it.

Man is dangerous , at times...
Its not the availability of anything that makes man dangerous...
Its his actions and his willingness to cause harm , that makes him dangerous.
Andy
From the comment section of the article...... "If a weapon isn't "dangerous"…it's NOT a weapon. "
That's going in my signature.

From the comment section of the article...... "If a weapon isn't "dangerous"…it's NOT a weapon. "
That's going in my signature.
A weapon ain't dangerous...
Its how the weapon is used , that may make the situation dangerous....
Again it needs a person to make it do anything...therefore a "weapon" is just that...a weapon , neither dangerous or safe....until someone uses it...then its the person that is safe or dangerous , according to their actions...not anything that they may make use of.
Andy

I
I watched that happen twice while Obama was president , first time when he was elected to his first time as president, second after Sandy Hook.

Panic buyers always sell their panic purchases as a rule.
I think I've told this tale before. Shortly after Trump was elected, I saw a S&W Pro-series 1911 for sale on Armslist for $600! I thought it surely was a scam, so I decided to mess with the guy. I asked him why it was for sale so cheap. He explained that he had it for sale for a long time at $700 and no one would buy it. I have to assume they thought it was a scam at $700. Anyway, I bought the gun with a full box of ammo for $600. After the purchase, I asked the guy why he was selling and he told me that he didn't need it anymore since Trump was elected. BTW, the gun had never been fired.

They let him publish nonsense "statistics"...
(a gun that)"...more frequently contributes to accidental deaths, violent homicides, and suicides, rather than the romanticized personal protection experiences."
WRONG!
That's where I quit reading
BS meter pegging on this one, yeah.

What happened to all of those proven strategies and techniques that the haters of private gun ownership always tell us are more effective at crime mitigation than "dangerous weapons"?
They don't work now?
Now this whipdick is mansplaining the desire to protect his family.

Tips for the apocalypse:
In case of a break-in, call 911.
Give the poor wretch what he/she wants... they're probably just hungry.
Pee/vomit on your rapist(s)... Drink lots of water, dehydration will ruin your keto.
Use your fists, like a man. Only pussies have guns.
Stop being paranoid.
Keep a loud whistle nearby to alert authorities.
Submit... it'll be over soon.

Last Edited:
I

I think I've told this tale before. Shortly after Trump was elected, I saw a S&W Pro-series 1911 for sale on Armslist for $600! I thought it surely was a scam, so I decided to mess with the guy. I asked him why it was for sale so cheap. He explained that he had it for sale for a long time at $700 and no one would buy it. I have to assume they thought it was a scam at $700. Anyway, I bought the gun with a full box of ammo for $600. After the purchase, I asked the guy why he was selling and he told me that he didn't need it anymore since Trump was elected. BTW, the gun had never been fired.

That's an incredible story........ if true. ;):)

The sales on "unused" generators abounded!!!

Guns (especially ARs and AKs that they had bought at inflated prices), ammo, food (especially MREs), whatever - all kinds of preps suddenly for sale at bargain prices because they "didn't need them anymore".

Here we are again, panic buying. This person buying a gun is a great example.

Naturally I am not against buying/owning guns, but this person bought a gun for the wrong reason. I would bet in a year or two, they will sell it. Again, for the wrong reason.

Guns (especially ARs and AKs that they had bought at inflated prices), ammo, food (especially MREs), whatever - all kinds of preps suddenly for sale at bargain prices because they "didn't need them anymore".

Here we are again, panic buying. This person buying a gun is a great example.

Naturally I am not against buying/owning guns, but this person bought a gun for the wrong reason.

Pretty funny how humanity acts during and after crises. Reminds me of the times I sold tools and power tools that I "no longer needed" and then had to go out any buy again for a project. Silly. I have food and ammo stocked up, am fortunate that I didn't burn thru it after Y2k, the last .22 shortage, or any other event, real or imagined.

I can sort of understand this; I grew up in a anti-gun lib family with parents who detested guns. After I moved moved out, maybe 10 years later I unwound all of the parenting in this area, and all of the media rhetoric about guns.

I went from an anti-gun upbringing to more of a Libertarian world view. As a side benefit of opening my worldview; I'm much more successful in my professional life, and family life (I actually have one now).

One of the best things (perhaps the number 1) I found out about becoming a firearms owner is meeting plenty of great folks who have guns, and enjoy them. The media would have us to think they are backwards, and dangerous people... certainly my parent(s) painted people in a bad light.

I think I must have a hoarding instinct - I tend to not sell anything I buy - for the most part.

At some point, if something is worn out - like a car, and keeping it costs more than it is worth, then I will sell it, but that doesn't happen very often. I have a lot of stuff that I don't use (yet), maybe shouldn't have bought because I don't need it (who needs 10 SIG pistols?? :rolleyes: ) - but I think, "wow, that's a good deal on that", or I better get one of those before they are not available anymore, or "I may need that someday".

Typical hoarding thinking.

Now I have projects I have never started or finished, I am out of a job and have plenty of time to get things done, and here I am on a firearms board looking for deals on ammo. :rolleyes:

Unless newly converted firearm owners change the way they vote none of it means jack.

I think I must have a hoarding instinct - I tend to not sell anything I buy - for the most part.

At some point, if something is worn out - like a car, and keeping it costs more than it is worth, then I will sell it, but that doesn't happen very often. I have a lot of stuff that I don't use (yet), maybe shouldn't have bought because I don't need it (who needs 10 SIG pistols?? :rolleyes: ) - but I think, "wow, that's a good deal on that", or I better get one of those before they are not available anymore, or "I may need that someday".

Typical hoarding thinking.

Now I have projects I have never started or finished, I am out of a job and have plenty of time to get things done, and here I am on a firearms board looking for deals on ammo. :rolleyes:
Let me know if you come across small pistol primers :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top