JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This little project turned out way better than I thought, so I'd figure I would share it here.

Long story short, there was a blank wall in the living room that needed something. The wife thought a painting would be cool. Well after looking into how much art can cost, I said screw that I'll make something.

Only cost me $50 in materials, the canvis and paint. Plus a day out shooting.

Any guesses to how it was made?

134AD6BE-C280-410D-9FFF-3230E761C8F2.jpeg

Not being an artist myself, I have no idea what I'm seeing, but it looks good to me.

Speaking of artists, my neighbor is one. He didn't used to be, but now that he is one, he doesn't talk to me any more. He makes plaques and other stuff out of old fence boards. He does do nice work, but the artist thing has swelled his head. Sells his stuff at Saturday markets, and he has to get there early to set up, "with the other artists".:cool:

It looks like a photo of a tarp laid on the ground to collect brass while shooting
Oh I don't know. I'm seeing conflict and struggle, the darkness could be symbolizing man's inhumanity towards man while the lighter corner demonstrates the ever present beckoning from humanity's eternal goodness.

Oh I don't know. I'm seeing conflict and struggle, the darkness could be symbolizing man's inhumanity towards man while the lighter corner demonstrates the ever present beckoning from humanity's eternal goodness.
Well said my friend

Reno's never going to sell anything to me ever again. If he does, he's going to jack the price up (and rightfully so). Haha.

I got my motivations from this vid.

I did it slightly different. I diluted the acrylic paint with water so it would blow up better once hit with my 223.

I didn't really expect the watered down paint to mix so much, but that's my inexperienced artistic skills right there.

A few rounds appeared to hit the water and tumble into the canvis, at first I was kind of pissed that that happened, then I decided to continue as it wasn't going to glue back together magically.

Once done, I put it over by me to dry and as I was continuing to blink with one of my 22s I didn't realize the spent casings were landing all over it. Again, I was kind of mad for not thinking about this. However I think it added to its uniqueness.

I think @cigars has a better sense for art than I do. I think it looks cool and fits my recreational shooter personality. Who knows, maybe I'll start selling them lol!

Seriously? All I see is a fat little boy with a short dobber. Of course that's all I see on those Rorhschach tests also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top