JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Just be careful when people don't want to learn how to land.
For some reason this reminded me of another, "no guns for you" moment. Try going to a range, alone, and rent a gun and buy one box of ammo when you do not have a CHL or another gun with you. Nearly all ranges have learned these are the people who go in and use one bullet on themselves. Is it reasonable for them to deny renting a gun to folks in this category? Absofreakinglutly. Even though they would pass a BGC and look pure as the driven snow.

Which is yet another reason for businesses to be free to run their outfits they way they want to.

Gunshop owner has no say in who can buy a gun, the state says they can or can not after a BC. He can close his doors though.

I am curious how the professional rioting class can afford guns and ammo at today's prices. Rioting must pay well.
Not quite. FFL dealers have broad discretion to deny sales. The ATF gives us this discretion so we can deny sales to people who appear suspicious. FFL dealers are the first line of defense. The background check is second. I most certainly would refuse sale to someone I suspected might commit a crime and I am encouraged to do so. Luckily I have never been in that situation, but I am a small shop.

Ha, I screw up perfectly good landings all the time, it's my specialty! :s0140:

Though I haven't put my prop in the dirt yet, or my plane on it's wing tips, or even bent anything serious, Yet!
Gotta love really good suspension and bush wheels!
You sure you didn't fly off carriers in a former life? :p

(Aside to the non-aviators: a carrier landing is basically a controlled crash.)

For some reason this reminded me of another, "no guns for you" moment. Try going to a range, alone, and rent a gun and buy one box of ammo when you do not have a CHL or another gun with you. Nearly all ranges have learned these are the people who go in and use one bullet on themselves. Is it reasonable for them to deny renting a gun to folks in this category? Absofreakinglutly. Even though they would pass a BGC and look pure as the driven snow.

Which is yet another reason for businesses to be free to run their outfits they way they want to.
If they try to buy ammo by the round....

You sure you didn't fly off carriers in a former life? :p

(Aside to the non-aviators: a carrier landing is basically a controlled crash.)
Dunno!

Taking off is the easy part, rev'er up, let off the brakes, stand on the right rudder pedal and hang on, she should fly all by her onesome, if not, yank back on the stick till you see angles, and your good to go ( or your stalled ) ether way, now you get to practice landing, which means hovering'er in somewhere between a stall and a fast walk, and not chopping the power and killing the flaps too high off the ground and slamming'er in with the brakes locked, and planting 'er nose in the dirt or worse, putting'er on 'er top! :D

My much beloved old A.C. Scout had Grove landing gear, basically a chunk of spring steel for gear legs, you wanna learn how NOT TO LAND, learn with Grove landing gear ( or the old Piper Bungee Gear), they will bounce you back into the air so BAD, and worse, bounce you all the way down the runway! The idea is to not have an "Arrival" all your buddies will laugh their arse's off at!

A shooting buddy (RIP) used to call the old location of A Place to Shoot "A Place to Shoot Yourself" because of this exact thing happening while he was there once. Feel terrible for the range workers.

I did this to try out a gun I did not want to purchase and be disappointed with.
I did not off myself. I purchased the model and carry it to this day.
:)

Shall not be infringed.

We're done here......

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top