JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My BHA lever action in 460 S&W with suppressor, possibly the one in 500S&W on order instead. A TC encore with a .22 and a .32 fed magnum barrel, and an MPA defender. And knives, an axe or 3, and a spear. Probably a 357 mag redhawk as well. The mpa defender as well as the revolver. would be an edc on a sling and since no NFA it would be stocked with a folding elftman stock. The lever would be for big game hunting. The defender for when things got hairy with predators. Encore for small game hunting.
I've thought about the .460 mag, but the .45-70 is more versatile, has much better penetration when using heavier projectiles, so the only advantage of the .460 mag would be the revolver would shoot the same ammo, but that 460V is a heavy beast.

An Encore would be good for small game. A Contender would be lighter though.
I have a simple reason. 460 are smaller. Still likely to kill big game and I could carry more. That was a conscious compromise on my part.

We know that the U.S. military has super-computers to run hypothetical war game scenarios and try to predict the outcome... It would be fun to plug in the suggestions listed above in a similar manner and view the results.

WTF. I had to look this up. Seriously terrifying. More so than giant gators.
I spent a good part of the '70,s in Southern Georgia (aka NAS JAX, FLA).
Not saying that the cockroach (Luther) I shared a room with was big but when his lady(?) friend would spend the night I never argued and just let them have the bed...

gator.jpg Go Gators :s0132:

"Of course, would likely be a slave. At least initially."

Why would you be a slave?
I would rather go for god status. Any firearm you take is going to impress the local humanoids when you slay some fearsome beast with a bolt of thunder.
Then the question becomes whether Neanderthal hootie is acceptable. (Assuming you didn't get to bring your mate.)

Clovis people were homo sapiens - i.e., "modern" humans, not neanderthal. Neanderthals were extinct about 40K years ago.

WTF. I had to look this up. Seriously terrifying. More so than giant gators.
Just kidding about 600 lb roaches. Largest insect that ever lived was a dragonfly relative with a wing span of 28". The giant insects lived about 300 million yea!rs ago, during a pulse that brought oxygen levels to 35%. (They are currently 21%.) Since insects breath by diffusion of oxygen passively through little tubes rather than having active pumps like lungs, the size of insects may be limited by oxygen content of air.

One item I used as a kid and when camping as an adult was a light weight net hammock. When I untied the two ends I had a fish net that was about 6' x 8'. My brother and I caught many a catfish breakfast with that hammock. (Georgia) I don't think the hammock was designed to be dual purpose. Poles down the edges turned it into a one man or two man net. When hiking it allowed me to sleep comfortably in areas with rocky ground. Also carried a tarp and line to rig over the hammock in lieu of a tent. I'd want a hammock like that if I went back 15000 years.

Just kidding about 600 lb roaches. Largest insect that ever lived was a dragonfly relative with a wing span of 28". The giant insects lived about 300 million yea!rs ago, during a pulse that brought oxygen levels to 35%. (They are currently 21%.) Since insects breath by diffusion of oxygen passively through little tubes rather than having active pumps like lungs, the size of insects may be limited by oxygen content of air.
I looked into it a bit. Nothing ever existed that large. Still creeps me out just thinking about it.

The fact the wife and I watched the movie "Love and Monsters" over the weekend might have heightened the cringe.

An AR carbine in 300 BLK w/ silencer and my PMR-30, and plenty of ammo and mags for both, emphasis on a LOT of 22mag.

Aha, forgot about 300! Haven't used them in a bit, and they were just regular commercial loads.

Which would be better, 300 or .44mag? I'd wager .300, given what can be loaded for it, as well as semiauto capable.

Rather trade it in for 2 packs of bics lighters 6 pack, a good pot for boiling water and cooking plus a canteen, a good knife and maybe a strong crossbow with a quiver of bolts. It's a much lighter payload will last for years and may make me a chief of some primitive tribe.

Aha, forgot about 300! Haven't used them in a bit, and they were just regular commercial loads.

Which would be better, 300 or .44mag? I'd wager .300, given what can be loaded for it, as well as semiauto capable.
I suspect 300, it's basically an autoloader friendly 30-30. Not the biggest dog but it's really plenty, and if we're winding back 15K years, we're not going to be stumbling across any resupply so what can be packed has to last at least the rest of my life. More if I stumble across any friendly natives.

A P90/Five Seven combo with 200+ rounds of ammo would be a start. I would prefer to make friends with them though. I would prefer to arrive near relatively peaceful clans. I am given to understand that most in the PNW were peaceful but not sure what they were like thousands of years before "white man" arrive here.
Lol.

Grab a grain of salt or 2 . How bout try not acting too white?

And I really don't think I'd take a firearm at all. Give me steel. Knives, axe , spears and fish hooks. Nice ball of paracord. Couple of atomic lighters.

Not that I would expect to live a whole week. Because I reckon I'd be digested by day 4.

Here's an interesting question for said scenario. Would you consider reloading your spent brass?

Would seem worthwhile for folks whom would think they want to bring along "a lot" of center fire ammunition. You'd still need powder, primers, projectiles & reloading gear. The weight savings would be reusing the brass.

Ex: on average 1,000 rounds of 7.62x51 weighs 53lbs. 1,000 empty cases weighs around 25 lbs.

1,000 5.56 ball weighs around 25-27lbs, while 1,000 empty cases weighs ~13.5lbs.

1,000 115gr 9mm weighs around 25lbs, while 1,000 empty cases weighs ~8.5lbs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top