JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing to consider with tribes....is tribal mentality...

As in you are in the tribe or not...if not....you are fair game for anything to happen to you good or bad , depending on the circumstances at the time.
Andy
That is why you periodically leave them gifts and keep your distance from them for a while. Also, don't forget about the fact that we have immunities to things that they were never introduced to, so having knowledge of that is beneficial and important. I would also bring with some magnifying glass

Well, if the 1985 film My Science Project is a reliable guide to time travel, I suppose an M16A1 or one with an underslung grenade launcher.

View attachment 864462

View attachment 864463

View attachment 864464

Wait, dinosaurs? Sorry, I'm way off.

Hmmm ... 15,000 years ago, eh? Human evolution is well on they way, but this is still just before the Neolithic age. Weapons to take? Whatever has the most shock and awe, I guess. Might as well pass myself off as a wizard, prophet, or whatever, because if one is going to royally screw up the time line, why not go full gonzo and see what things look like in the future after said antics. :p

15K years ago they were modern humans. Think Clovis people/culture.

That is why you periodically leave them gifts and keep your distance from them for a while. Also, don't forget about the fact that we have immunities to things that they were never introduced to, so having knowledge of that is beneficial and important. I would also bring with some magnifying glass

You would be given vaccinations and tested so as to not introduce sickness to them like the pilgrims did.

I would bring meat/etc., and maybe a few gifts (knives/etc.) for leaders and women. Being able to heal sickness/injuries would make me valuable to them.

Gifts might be good...or could be seen as a sign of weakness....but something to consider for sure.

A magnifying glass , flint and steel...a flash light... Basic first aid / CPR...all could be thought of as magic ...
Again could be taken as good magic or evil magic.

Not saying to not use or try this approach....just maybe do so slowly and with caution.
Andy

If we're going that heavy duty I'd take 416 Rigby or 338 lapua or 50 BMG lol
You'd be on borrowed time with a .50 BMG. Those things are damn heavy by design, damn big and generally not fast moving. And then the ammo weight. 10 of those will have more mass than 100 5.56 cartridges. But it's well within the rules of the "game" if that's what's you want to carry around

You'd be on borrowed time with a .50 BMG. Those things are damn heavy by design, damn big and generally not fast moving. And then the ammo weight. 10 of those will have more mass than 100 5.56 cartridges. But it's well within the rules of the "game" if that's what's you want to carry around
I know... just being a smart person... read my first post here and you will see

If I went bolt action it would be this my Tikka 300 WM next to my Tikka 308

4F45FD68-9D6E-470A-819C-798BFA18B9BB.jpeg

You would be given vaccinations and tested so as to not introduce sickness to them like the pilgrims did.

I would bring meat/etc., and maybe a few gifts (knives/etc.) for leaders and women. Being able to heal sickness/injuries would make me valuable to them.
Give them a gun, but only blanks. They might think you a god as yours brings death!

The largest known species of Lion was the American Cave Lion. I've want the mobility to be able to hunt that (speed of movement needed) and Bison, out on the plains. So large caliber, .50bmg would be too bulky. .338 Lapua maybe? One thing is for certain, ANY modern firearm would be better than a spear:) The Indians had powerful bows that would work for this.

If you were transported back about 15,000 years ago to N. America, what firearms would you want to have available?

Assume that you would be solely on foot....
If I were in that situation in 2021, I would choose an AR15 in 5.56 and I would have various types of ammo with me... It would also be my choice under the circumstances you describe.
Because of the lower weight of the firearm and that cartridge, I could carry many more rounds on my person compared to most other choices... I will take that trade-off vs fewer rounds with greater stopping power.

Jeez, that's quite a question.
Probably an accurate, full-size 9mm pistol and an accurate 9mm carbine with lacquer sealed +p+ Underwood solid copper/barrier blind rounds.
Mainly for efficiency/low weight and with care would bring anything down.
The no resupply thing is a biggy but hey.
Your biggest risk would likely be being taken out by hominids so having a .338 Lapua or the like would be pretty overkill.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top