JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Why would that EVER be easier than just storing your own goods?

Why is it easier to learn to steal, sell drugs, rove with a gang, play video games, ... than it is to study, get an education, get a job, .... Easier is in the eyes of the beholder, as is 'Common sense'. If I spent 20 years in the 'Hood', then 8 years in the Marine Corps, I can assure you I would probably think taking your goods would be easier that stockpiling my own. That takes time and cuts into my life. Most people take the easy route, why should I sweat and strain, when I could be kicked back and having fun.

You can buy 50 lbs of rice for about $20. you can buy 25 lbs of beans for about $16. How much would you spend on the guns and ammo necessary to take that from me? Probably a lot more than that, with running the risk of injury or death. I guess I just don't understand the logic. Now, being completely oblivious and caught off guard at least makes sense to me....it's not ideal but at least it makes sense. But WHY if you think there could be problems getting food and goods, WHY would you opt for the riskiest and most costly solution?

You seem to want to be logical and make sense out of that which never makes sense. Emotions come into play once it is discovered that one is not prepared for what has befallen them. Mob thinking becomes the order of the day. Mob thinking, gang thinking, war, ... these things make no sense, they just are the way of the world, and have been since man set foot on this planet. I agree if everybody worked hard, saved, did not squander resources, helped their neighbors, contributed to the community, state and nation, I doubt we would need to be preparing. Unfortunately just as those that complain about working while others are on public assistance, I suspect many that prepare will simply be preparing for those that choose not to prepare. I think more than 'Plan A' is needed, and that being prepared involves more than just accumulating food, water, medical supplies, weapons and ammo. Why ? Simply because I see all around the world those that have not take from those that have and the only thing that slows it down is a strong armed presence, and that does not mean a few folks with guns.

A few folks with guns? For every man, woman, and child in the USA there is a gun. (Actually 9.3 guns for every 10 people). My guess is your unprepared, but confident persona will end up bullet ridden, and starving, but hey, that's just a hunch.

My hope is that you kick in a door or attempt to jack a car owned by someone like me vs some single mom or elderly couple. That way your endeavors will come to a quick end and fewer people will suffer from your actions.

Burt I smile ... Your hunch is incorrect, but then that really does not matter. I know I will not even attempt to "kick in a door or attempt to jack a car ". Actually in a worst case scenario I think you would be an easy target. Actually I have decided that just saving supplies is a very limited form of preparing. I can see where roving gangs, individual snipers, and corrupt authority figures could eliminate me and take over all the goods I have accumulated. FerFal in Argentina and the survivors of the Bosnia experience told me of the importance of having a tribe, as the 'lone wolf' will not last long. I am searching for a Plan B, C, and even D.

Why is it easier to learn to steal, sell drugs, rove with a gang, play video games, ... than it is to study, get an education, get a job, .... Easier is in the eyes of the beholder, as is 'Common sense'. If I spent 20 years in the 'Hood', then 8 years in the Marine Corps, I can assure you I would probably think taking your goods would be easier that stockpiling my own. That takes time and cuts into my life. Most people take the easy route, why should I sweat and strain, when I could be kicked back and having fun.

Pure evil.. cold blooded murderer. It will be a true pleasure taking this sort out

Might be pure evil, but there seems to be a bunch around, at least in Northern California, and Southern California. Taking this sort out might be a whole lot more difficult than the typical lazy parasite. What is your plan for dodging MS-13 should they decide they need your goods ?

I belong to an American Legion Post. The District has ten posts and a group of motorcycle riders known as 'The Legion Riders'. In my District about a third, if not half, of this group are LEOs, or retired LEOs. They, as a group, rode to a District meeting in a neighboring county. They were confronted by a couple of Hells Angels who informed them they needed approval from the local Hells Angels leader to ride into town. The Legion Riders negotiated and got permission.

How long do you figure you can keep your supplies and comfort secret ? How are you going to accomplish this ?

Our prior wealth and our technology + talmudic media brainwashing have made the latest generations weak and helpless

Just sat JEWISH media. "Talmudic" is way too dissembling. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, YOU NAZI PIG!!

Since you're already on record as being a Holocaust denier, why not come right out and admit what you are?

You're filth. You're the excrement our God-blessed system allows to exist under free speech. Fine by me. But part of free speach mean I'm allowed to call you out for the racist anti-semite that you are.

Let there be no mistake:

If you're on Blitzkreig's side, you're on the side of anti-semite, holocaust-denying racism.

Whoa....thread got ugly in a hurry

actually, Hook.....I did not mean this as some kind of "generic" why question. I actually directed it towards YOU. Since you have stated more than once what YOU would do, who YOU would think of as an easy target. I fully expect unprepared people to be out looking for goods, because they didn't see the storm coming. Since YOU apparently DO see the storm coming (since you are on this thread) I am puzzled why you maintain the doomed view that taking from others is somehow going to be easier for you than just getting your own. I'm not saying you couldn't do it....I'm not saying you couldn't find "soft targets" I'm just basically saying your logic sucks, because there are WAY easier ways for YOU as an individual...I don't mean the masses at large.

And I think many of us preppers here DO have plans B,C,D...afterall we are on "Northwest firearms" not "Beans, rice and Hugs".

I still submit to any of you, that if you have more pounds of ammo than you have pounds of food and water- your priorities are off....

Just sat JEWISH media. "Talmudic" is way too dissembling. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, YOU NAZI PIG!!

Since you're already on record as being a Holocaust denier, why not come right out and admit what you are?

You're filth. You're the excrement our God-blessed system allows to exist under free speech. Fine by me. But part of free speach mean I'm allowed to call you out for the racist anti-semite that you are.

Let there be no mistake:

If you're on Blitzkreig's side, you're on the side of anti-semite, holocaust-denying racism.

Another ad hominem attack without any factual basis.. the last resort of a failed argument.

I suppose you never heard of brother Nathaniel, who is exposing talmudism and zionism, yet he is a jew, himself. There is also jews against zionism.. I guess they are also "nazis"... :rolleyes:

MissJ I am a retired Army engineer. My life was construction, not destruction. I have goods, weapons, ammunition and other stuff. I also am aware that stationary bases are not the solution when the SHTF. Philosophically I love the me I see in you, and I fear the me I see in you .. the yin yang of life. When I see someone else as an easy target is it not I that sees myself as an easy target, a fear based mode of evaluation. So yes MissJ I understand your belief that my view is 'Doomed based'. Is not the whole concept of SHTF 'Doomed based' ?

'Taking from others' is not what I will be doing. 'Taking from others' is my concern that I am easy pickings unless I do other than merely stock goods. One thing I learned from the Croatia survivor was if I look clean and well fed, the dirty and hungry masses will recognized I have resources I'm not sharing. What do you think will happen then ?

I do not think a SHTF situation is one that will be dealt with through logic. You may think that there is a logical process involved, but I do not. I think emotions will rule the day, as appears to be happening in the NE. This will be short term there, but imagine it stretching out for a year. I have a lot to learn and I find pointing out my weakness, as I see them in another, might elicit an answer of how that weakness is ameliorated. Simply saying one would sit back, sip wine and enjoy a steak dinner is hardly helpful. Actually I see such as definitely drawing the wrong kind of attention.

MissJ I really am not slamming, or making fun of anyone. I do take preparing for the negatives seriously. Good luck in your prepping.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

For the here and now. Video of hurricane effected areas should be a good example to the average citizen to have a basic level of preparedness. Fuel, and food storage for a month would seem to me to be a modest precaution.
Means to protect it from thieves/looters goes without saying.

But in a deeper society destabilizing event there will be little anyone can do in the long term. Real life is no Red Dawn. If the US is in that much ruin our enemies will be on us like so many scavengers on road kill. Your only hope then will be to just take a few with you (a worthy goal I surmise)
So the value of blowing a small fortune on a cache of WW4 survival equipment is really mostly in entertainment.

For Tens of Thousands the Sh*t Has Already Hit The Fan

"Urine, providing you don't have a urinary tract infection, is sterile. Peeing over your hands after being in contact with sewage filled water will go some way to removing a good many of the bacteria that linger on your hands. The rest of your body is relatively unimportant at this stage, it is hands that will spread infection into mouths. Urine can be collected and hands washed in it, like I say, not something anyone would usually advise but it is water, and its clean and in this situation should not be wasted. To those who find this repulsive I would say would you rather have your own bodily fluids on your hands or everyone else's? There is no place for squeamishness in these situations."

I always chuckle about men that think they are being 'clean' by washing their hands thoroughly after peeing in a public urinal. Everything you touch once you tuck yourself away has about a million times the germs/microbes that you have on you. Including the water faucet, the door handle as you leave.

"I wash my hands BEFORE I touch my d#ck" - Don King.

I always touch nothing after I wash my hands.. I use a paper towel to use the door, etc. Always carry a few spares, too in case they don't have any

Haven't been sick in many years

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top