JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Prepper are dilusional wack jobs until a crisis happens and theneveryone wants to be their friend, those that willie nillie pee away their pay checks on themselves and were stingy and never think in advance all of suddent think those who planned ahead are supposed to share.

Well they can kiss off,

On another point, I was thinking about some of the extra food I have and then I read the article below. And here is what I emailed a friend about my thoughts.

<broken link removed>

""I have an extra 50 lbs of rice some boxes of macaroni noodles, some oatmeal all I have have not mylar packed, and I though well it would not hurt me to domate it and help feed them, but if they called power crews in from Alabama and they left their families to go and help these people and they are turned away, then F them.

If they want to pick and choose who they take help from then, Let them do without, ""

This story has now been found to be due to a misunderstanding:

Decatur Utilities, based in Decatur, Ala., denied the report.

In a press release issued Friday morning, Decatur Utilities said it had sent a six-man crew to the Northeast on Wednesday, bound for Seaside Heights, N.J.

"Communications with Seaside Heights was poor due to lack of cell phone service in the area," the statement said. "Upon arriving at a staging area in Virginia, crews were held in place pending clarification of documents received from IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) that implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the New York and New Jersey areas. It was and remains our understanding that agreeing to those requirements was a condition of being allowed to work in those areas.

"As we waited for clarification, we became aware that Seaside Heights had received the assistance they needed from other sources, To be clear, at no time were our crews "turned away" from the utility in Seaside Heights.

"In connection with state and regional public power associations, Decatur Utilities attempted to contact other areas that needed assistance. However, based on the uncertainty of union requirements that we could not agree to and the uncertainty of whether a resolution could be reached, we ultimately made the decision to return them to Decatur after being stalled in the Virginia area most of the day on Thursday."

George Kitchens, GM and CEO of Joe Wheeler EMC - a union shop - told CBS News that the initial report that Joe Wheeler linemen had been turned away was "completely off-base."

Kitchens said eight linemen from Joe Wheeler were among 145 Alabama linemen who traveled to Maryland and Virginia in response to calls for help with repair efforts.

"They rode out the storm, and then did repair work there," Kitchens said. "Our people are on the way back home, [but] it's not from being turned away."

So I guess one would have to ask themself, who do I believe more??

The Original report??

Or a statement put out by the company after the original report goes viral??

Personally, knowing the way the Unions control things in NY & NJ and knowing people who belong to the IBEW in MI & OH and the way they shove their union rules in front of managements faces and talk about non-union workers in the same field in other states (yes my point of view is biased from personal experiences) I presonally believe the original report.

I have also traveled to that part of the country some, while I have met very nice people there (which is why I was going to donate the food to begin with) I have also met many, many, many people in that area who are so full of themselves that they are sickening.

I have called a local homeless / assistant living type shelter that helps people in transition with meals and shelter and I am going to donate the food to them instead. At least I know it will be used by people who are trying, do not live in a flood plain to begin with waiting for sh!t to happen and then expect others to bail them out.

Like it or not people, a vast majority of our people are living in area's that prone to natural disasters and have taken absolutely no precaution to take of themselves in a natural disaster, whether it is a 10 year or 100 year cycle, it is going to happen, people need to start taking responsibility for their decisions, if you decide to live or raise a family in area where earthquakes, floods, snow storms ice storms what ever happens, which is most of america you need to prepare yourself and family for that situation, prior to getting cable tv, cell phones, x-boxs, and eating out4 times a week. When i was growing up I did not know what eating out was, i thought was family picnic, church social something, I though restaraunts were for people who traveled for business and had to eat out.

Thing is they knew a week before Sandy hit she was coming, three days out they were telling people to leave or get prepared and hunker down.

This is what bothers me the most. I grew up in NJ, spent mosts of my time on the barrier islands, I know the area. The Gov of NJ days before Sandy arrived was telling people get out, get out now or you are stupid. He pulled no punches and called it straight to make sure the residents had more than enough time to button up and get out. Heck I was hearing about it on vacation in another state!

People that did not leave, Sorry you lost family members but it is YOUR FAULT and you can spend the rest of your life regretting your poor decision, but stop crying to the Gov for help now that you are stranded out there.

. The Gov of NJ days before Sandy arrived was telling people get out, get out now or you are stupid. She pulled no punches and called it straight to make sure the residents had more than enough time to button up and get out.

Although the governor of NJ does have boobs, I do believe they are man boobs;)

The problem in your vision is that you assume the people with the "stuff" are all insane. Are they, or aren't they? I don't know....but if YOU now need what THEY have set aside; then who was really the insane person to begin with? Who was most out of touch with reality? And, if by chance that "insane" person is more in touch with the new reality than you are...what makes you so sure that you'll be able to take that stuff from them? Do you honestly think they never considered that the unprepared gun-nuts would come for their goods?

If I believe that it will be easier, and that I will be more successful, in searching for and taking your goods, I will probably adopt that option. To be sure that for this to be a viable believe I must possess either the personal skills, or tribe that will support this type operation. I think it certainly depends upon ones past training and skill set achieved.

It may indeed be true, but that will not stop them from looking for, and going after anyones goods they can uncover. If you are in the way, that will not stop them, as I suspect those folks will believe they have a right to your goods just as they believe the government owes them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I think a 'Plan B' needs to exist. It struck me that the only reason the guy with the gun trying to cut in line at the gas station did not shoot the driver that objected to his doing so was because there were police officers present directing the traffic. Some measure of organized society still existed. What would it be like without that element of law & order ? My father always told me, 'People are no damn good.' Maybe he was right.

My father always told me, 'People are no damn good.' Maybe he was right.

He was right. It is our Neanderthal DNA kicking in; we resort to our animal instincts when the thin veneer of a societal structure is stripped away.

Looking on the bright side, at least the future won't be boring. :gun03::gun04::gun17::gun18:

I watch the squirrels in my backyard in amazement. They are going to town storing food in the ground for winter. Homo Sapiens are not that smart.

Delusional 20-somethings believe they are smarter then the people that lived before them and somehow they will just coast through life. They are wrong. They just have more toys due to technological advancements. When the lights go out all those toys will evaporate.

In fact, not only were people from 120 years ago more intelligent so were people like the early Egyptians. We aren't 'better'. In fact, as a species, we are decaying at an exponential rate.

We are spoiled and entitlement oriented (well, here in the Empire at least). Primed and ready for a serious wake up call. TPTB are fully aware of what is coming; aka the social engineers/financial elite; in fact they are counting on reaping the rewards from such a collapse.

We are spoiled and entitlement oriented (well, here in the Empire at least). Primed and ready for a serious wake up call. TPTB are fully aware of what is coming; aka the social engineers/financial elite; in fact they are counting on reaping the rewards from such a collapse.

What even they fail to realize though is that when the masses find out that they have the food to feed a city in this situation, it will not matter how well prepared and armed they are, they will eventually be over-run by an overwhelming force of the mob. Unless that is they have figured out a way and a location to bug out to when SHTF with all their supplies. They will not be able to sit comfortably in their Nantucket mansions/compounds and just ride it out, they will have to get out into BFE where others would perish due to nature/environment just trying to get to their location.

Our prior wealth and our technology + talmudic media brainwashing have made the latest generations weak and helpless

What even they fail to realize though is that when the masses find out that they have the food to feed a city in this situation, it will not matter how well prepared and armed they are, they will eventually be over-run by an overwhelming force of the mob. Unless that is they have figured out a way and a location to bug out to when SHTF with all their supplies. They will not be able to sit comfortably in their Nantucket mansions/compounds and just ride it out, they will have to get out into BFE where others would perish due to nature/environment just trying to get to their location.

Maybe, but you gotta realize these people are innate cowards. I suspect a lot of well prepared people will hold out quite a while and the stacked up bodies will bear mute witness to the folly of trying them again

Hardship Strains Emotions in New York - NYTimes.com

"Emotions, frayed after almost a week of desperation, darkness and cold, approached a breaking point on Friday as the collective spirit that buoyed New York in the first few days after Hurricane Sandy gave way to angry complaints of neglect and unequal treatment."

My key takeaway - everyone is helpful for a few days, and then the individual survival instincts kick in. We should expect no different in the Northwest after a major earthquake or other SHTF.

Peter

In reading all of the above it reminded me of a conversation with a co-worker where we discussing helping other in a major disaster like this and I told him if you help one person one time you had better plan on helping them all until it is all gone. He said how do you mean, I asked him do really thatafter that person see's you have food on day 3 that they are not going to be back on day 4 with their family! And on day 5 their extended family, and on day their extended, extended family, by day 7 their extended, extended, extended family and thos who over heard them talking.

People wander why the powers in DC have built concrete bunkers and stocked it with food, water, meds and plenty of arms and these thing are there decades without anyone knowing they are there. Right or wrong to do it using our tax money is not an argument here, the fact is they exist.

If you want to keep what you have in a major event, you better start following some simple rules, keep your mouth shut about what you have unless you know for sure, for sure that the other person or persons are on the same page. Do not allow others into the place where you keep you stores, secure it the best you can. and when shtf as in Sandy or Katrina, do not let anyone in or all that money and work you did the last three years will be undone in one week and you and your family will be no better off than the first person you tried to help.

Decide here and now, you are either preparing to feed a few for a couple of months to a couple of years, or you are preparing to feed the masses for a week or less. Your decision, but once it is gone if you come knocking on my my door, do not expect to hear anything except sorry nothing here but starving people even though can smell soup brewing.

Rice, Bean and Bullets are used to hang onto the rice and beans

If I believe that it will be easier, and that I will be more successful, in searching for and taking your goods, I will probably adopt that option. To be sure that for this to be a viable believe I must possess either the personal skills, or tribe that will support this type operation. I think it certainly depends upon ones past training and skill set achieved.

Why would that EVER be easier than just storing your own goods? Even if I am a relatively soft target, it is still gonna be a lot harder and riskier to TAKE my stuff from me than it would be to just get your own, right now, while you are still able.

You can buy 50 lbs of rice for about $20. you can buy 25 lbs of beans for about $16. How much would you spend on the guns and ammo necessary to take that from me? Probably a lot more than that, with running the risk of injury or death. I guess I just don't understand the logic. Now, being completely oblivious and caught off guard at least makes sense to me....it's not ideal but at least it makes sense. But WHY if you think there could be problems getting food and goods, WHY would you opt for the riskiest and most costly solution?

Since wannabee looters and takers will be targeting the weakest people first, like the elderly and young I view them as vermin like a Coyote only; needing to be put down when the time comes. One of the few times moral/good/caring people will triumph over the lowlifes of our former society.

Since wannabee looters and takers will be targeting the weakest people first, like the elderly and young I view them as vermin like a Coyote only; needing to be put down when the time comes. One of the few times moral/good/caring people will triumph over the lowlifes of our former society.

If it gets that bad there are two friendly to me armed men on my street, we will hunt the baddies down and personally I'll shoot on sight

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top