JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So a person shouldn't worry about prepping at all .... same repeated sad tired argument.

"Someone will take it away" so don't bother.

Better to be armed AND prepped. Starving/roving gangs are not coordinated/professional assault teams. They don't trust each other and would just as soon kill you on the spot.

Gangs take many days/weeks to even become a force in the vast majority of areas. Without preps you are putting the cart before the horse and you'll be starved out before any 'gang' reaches you anyway. If you rush out to join a gang and become a marauder your buddies will probably kill you for what you have; or another roving/competing gang will do the job.

People that don't prep, don't have silver, etc, etc always justify their apathy with the same lame arguments.

While they are starving us preppers will be enjoying some Chicken Lasagna (rehydrated), some red wine and maybe a little Jerky snack. After two weeks, who will be better prepared to fight? The nourished, armed and calm prepper behind shelter or the starving idiot running around looking for a gang to join? You are exposed, running about and ready to become target practice yourself. Good luck with that ...

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1019-how-qcrazy-survivalistsq-make-the-world-a-better-place

So a person shouldn't worry about prepping at all .... same repeated sad tired argument.

"Someone will take it away" so don't bother.

Better to be armed AND prepped. Starving/roving gangs are not coordinated/professional assault teams. They don't trust each other and would just as soon kill you on the spot.

Gangs take many days/weeks to even become a force in the vast majority of areas. Without preps you are putting the cart before the horse and you'll be starved out before any 'gang' reaches you anyway. If you rush out to join a gang and become a marauder your buddies will probably kill you for what you have; or another roving/competing gang will do the job.

People that don't prep, don't have silver, etc, etc always justify their apathy with the same lame arguments.

While they are starving us preppers will be enjoying some Chicken Lasagna (rehydrated), some red wine and maybe a little Jerky snack. After two weeks, who will be better prepared to fight? The nourished, armed and calm prepper behind shelter or the starving idiot running around looking for a gang to join? You are exposed, running about and ready to become target practice yourself. Good luck with that ...

How "Crazy Survivalists" Make The World A Better Place

I think every prepper is acutely aware that every item they store and stockpile could be taken away. So What? Did it leave you better off or worse off than you were before? Unless you have a billboard pointing to your stores, you will be no more of a target than anybody else...so why do you think that any additional harm could come to you based on your preps?

If you didn't prep, would those resources do you any good in the stock market? Or in your bank account?

Fact is, those preps MIGHT get taken away, or they JUST MIGHT save your life. It is a chance you take. But if you don't prep at all then the only chance you take is between failing, or looting. that's the facts.

For me, I'll pick between defending and surviving instead of picking between looting or dying.

Those folks back East will start looting by the weekend.

The power will be out in parts of NYC for several days, the salt water got into all of the electrical vaults in lower Manhattan, pump out the water, remove all the transformers, put in new stuff, that takes time.

Think these people were warned for about a week the storm was coming, and yet they have little to no water, little to no non-perishable food. They totally failed to prep.

Normalcy bias and failure to prep on a short term scale. Storm on its way - don't bother to prep. Economic collapse on its way - don't bother to prep. Just deal with it when it happens.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Looters are now posting up their stolen goods on Twitter for bragging rights. Computers, notebooks, TVs seem to be the most common items. No shame or remorse at all. In fact, looters are now coordinating 'group looting' via Twitter and other social media.

Pharmacies are really getting hit. Drugs galore.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Repeatedly, the quality of people who suffer disaster determines the severity of deprivation and length of recovery time. Simply being kind and respectful to your neighbors, checking in on older people and seeing what they need, donating to food banks, and volunteering a few hours a week towards projects where somebody can use the help go a long way toward establishing real security. When people recognize you and have good feelings, and consider you a resource and a good person to know, that adds up, and will affect their outlook on how they'll act in a real emergency. Not everyone will prepare. Most of my neighbors are old, and I don't think it is realistic to expect self reliance in an emergency from them. They're still good people, with needs and dignity and a right to live in a civil community. When I look at all the stuff I rathole for a rainy day, I see far more cold weather clothes and good quality used tools than I can ever use that I picked up over the years at garage sales and thrift shops. Remember Haiti. In a real emergency, people need immediate survival goods and tools to effect rescue and rebuilding. Playing Santa Claus in the event an emergency hits your community is one of the best tactics you can employ to preserve your neighborhood, protect property, and show kindness to people who typically don't get all that much. At this point of my life, I'm healthy and capable of useful work. I don't mind donating some of my time each week to seeing to people's needs. The average American watches television thirty hours a week, which seems like a crisis of creativity. There is time to help people around you, before things get bad. It will be a habit that pays dividends once things do.

I used to run my vehicles to almost bone dry before refilling; not anymore. When they get to about 1/3 I head to a gas station just for that reason. Good tip.

I currently live close to work and rarely use more than 1/4 tank a week, so I have gotten use to topping off when it gets to 3/4 full. With the possibilities of some crazy stuff happening next week with the elections, I am not taking any chances.

Never thought I would say that living in America, I always thought it was 3rd countries where you had be concerned about crazies during an election, well I can honestly say I am concerned.

I am not making my usual Dec 20-24th Las Vegas trip this year (going earlier). Not that I believe anything will happen on Dec 21st 'naturallly' but I think TPTB might use it as cover to do something nasty. You know, one of those 'terrorists' or a freak storm where the odds of 3-4 storms converging into a 'superstorm' is a 1 in 7000 shot.

That 1% chance is enough for me to say no thanks. I would feel so dumb hundreds of miles from home with nothing just because I said screw it LOL.

I used to run my vehicles to almost bone dry before refilling; not anymore. When they get to about 1/3 I head to a gas station just for that reason. Good tip.

I currently live close to work and rarely use more than 1/4 tank a week, so I have gotten use to topping off when it gets to 3/4 full. With the possibilities of some crazy stuff happening next week with the elections, I am not taking any chances.

You know you are a prepper when you think you are "low on fuel" at 3/4 or half a tank! ha ha:winkkiss:

I do the same. I start thinking about filling up at 3/4 and if I get all the way down to half, I make getting gas my absolute #1 next priority...even if it means making a special trip on my lunch hour to the gas station...

How soon we forget Katrina was even worse with less than 48 hour warning and three days in they were blaming Bush saying it was racial, three days in Why hasn't Obama saved them??

Thing is they knew a week before Sandy hit she was coming, three days out they were telling people to leave or get prepared and hunker down.

I would be will to bet that Doomsday Preppers gets a record audience this coming Sunday evening!!

I bet we are going to be seeing a lot worse in the week's ahead. But will people learn a lesson from it and prep for a disaster, plan to defend themselves? NO.

A former Geology major, my college professors used to joke about how Portland 'is really going to get it good'. Major faults; downtown PDX is essentially built on a mudslide.

I hope that is not the case in my lifetime since prepping doesn't do a lot of good when you are sitting a top a bunch of smashed rubble, exposed, and can't get to anything. I do keep an ax, shovel, and saw away from the house but that is a shot in the dark.

an excerpt from the above linked article:

"The storm killed at least 90 people in the U.S. New York City raised its death toll on Thursday to 38, including two Staten Island boys, 2 and 4, swept from their mother's arms by the floodwaters."

The above statement fills me with sadness and sypmathay for that poor mother, but it also fills me with RAGE!!!

Your entire job as a parent is to protect your kids. So... #1 don't be outdoors during a storm like this #2 you had AMPLE warning to get yourself and your kids into a better situation #3 if you HAD to evacuate last minute, then get those kids some danged life preservers #4 or at least get some kind of rope/leash system to keep you all together.!!! It makes me so mad....but I guess that mother is already experiencing the worst possible punishment for her stupidity.

This just goes to prove that you can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the CONSEQUENCES of reality.

You'll take away my stockpiled goodies over my dead body, but I guarantee I will not be alone. I will need slaves in Valhalla

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads