JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mountains give people a certain amount of security, both from invaders and from the elements of nature. Unless, of course, you are living at the base of an active volcano
We live in terrain that some consider mountainous. In 2007 we stood in the rain and watched as the Nehalem river flooded most of our small city, as it swelled when 24 inches of rain fell in the coast range after a snow storm. I can't count how many times I've seen people surprised that it flooded here because "we're so high up". During the summer we worry about forest fires. Every type of terrain has risk associated with it.

Forest fire is a devastating and completely ramdom unpredicatble risk in the mountains. Yeah, every terrain has its risk but it seems like in the south and midwest a massive majorly destructive hurricane or tornado is certain to show up every 15 years or so.

Ill take my chances in the mountains.

One of my favorite natural disasters! That was before hurricanes were named, but she scrapped Galveston right off the earth! I've read and watched everything I could find about the event!
I learned about the Galveston Hurricane in school and wondered why did I have to lean about it? Now I know.

DIrgM6QXcAA5RBS.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top