JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ft Collins, CO –-(Ammoland.com)- Harvey Follow-up:

"Prepare, or go hunting for a four-leaf clover" ~ Marshall

Comments from our students and instructors in the affected area, all of whom are, of course, well prepared:

"Power and water are off altogether in many areas, intermittent in others"

"Being fully-armed, with both pistol(s) and rifle, at all times is absolutely mandatory! Most here are helpful and kind, but home-invasions and other kinds of criminal activity are rampant, and any species of police response is hours, maybe days, away. I've never before lived through anything like this! The media has not yet caught-up with the enormity of this event."

"This is no country for the unarmed!"

"I used to get laughed-at for having so many flashlights. Not now, as most of them are currently loaned-out to those same skeptics! Not one of my Surefire, Streamlight, nor Firstlight flashlights has let me down. They are literally life-savers, and you can't have too many!"

"Cash is king! Credit cards are worthless here. Most big grocery stores are closed. Some convenience stores are open, but shelves are mostly bare, and price-gouging is common. In any event, you're not buying anything without cash!"

"So many of the "rescued" are bare-foot! They unhappily discovered that trying to hike any distance in flip-flops is impossible. Flip-flop-wearers, and others among the naively ill-prepared, are not faring well here!"

"Fuel is unavailable. People are siphoning gasoline out of lawn-mowers and garden tractors in order to power cars, generators, and chain-saws!"

"Ammunition is absolutely unavailable! No 9mm, 223/5.56mm, 308/7.62×51, 30Soviet/7.62×39, 12ga buckshot/slugs anywhere! Guns cannot be purchased at retailers, because most are closed, and NICS is down anyway. The unarmed are SOL!"

Comment: The affected area is expanding. We may not have seen the worst of it yet!
I sincerely hope the rest of us are taking these lessons seriously!

Sadly humans for the most part just never learn. These storms are something they have advanced warning of and way too many are still caught totally unprepared. Does not seem to matter how much they are warned. Just not much I can feel for them when they refuse to prepare at all.

My little town now & then loses power on main street. Last winter the power went out & I slid down for a few 'desirable' as unsure how long we'd be without some stuff.

The store owner had his own generator running a register & a bit of light, so limited shopping was possible. The ATM stuff was out of course.

It amazed me how many in the store were there just for cigarettes & beer.....although as one put it, that was all the money she had put aside for such possibility. Yes, flip-flops.

Last Edited:
Sadly humans for the most part just never learn. These storms are something they have advanced warning of and way too many are still caught totally unprepared. Does not seem to matter how much they are warned. Just not much I can feel for them when they refuse to prepare at all.

I will second that. With a hurricane they had ample warning. With a major earth quake there is no warning. In the case of a major earth quake I think it would be much worse and things would get ugly and fast.

I will second that. With a hurricane they had ample warning. With a major earth quake there is no warning. In the case of a major earth quake I think it would be much worse and things would get ugly and fast.

Yes it will if it's bad since there is no warning . We keep enough to be comfortable for weeks, and if we had to would be good for months. It is shocking how many we know who do nothing. Now of course if our house falls down we will have to move and deal with it. If we just lose power and water we are fine. MANY have nothing and will be standing around wondering where the Government is. If it's bad there will be some real chaos for a short time till they get National Guard in. Those who have all their lives believed 911 is the answer to all will be prey. Sad but I have all but given up trying to convince others. Wife still tries a lot. Normally just walks away frustrated.
Anyone who was up here for the good shake we got in 01 got a mild taste. I was standing at stove cooking. Just a pair of jeans (thank god I had that) on. As soon as it started I knew what it was and hit the off and was out the front door. Stood in the yard watching and listening. Could barely stay on my feet. It was cold and drizzling. After it was over I was waiting a little to make sure all was well. Neighbor pops out of her house and asked me "did you feel that?". No honey I'm standing here in the damn rain in only jeans for fun. <sigh> She had no idea what had just happened. Wife as soon as it started was out the front door. Building the office is in was put up at the turn of 1900's. Several co workers were saying she should come back into the building. I told her when it happens again don't even try to talk them out. Get the hell back and let it fall on them. Not your problem they want to run around in a building over 100 years old trying to figure out where to hide. If it had fallen in at least she would have been there to tell the rescue people how many were in there.

Me and the wife REFUSE to wear flip-flops, or run around in pajama-pants out in public, or off of our property.

;)

Ok, I'll admit I'm a shorts wearing, flip flop equipped grunge on the weekends and after work.

However! I do keep my hunting boots in the trunk just in case I need them.

Flame me if y'all want:p

(I do look down on the pajama wearing folks in stores though lol)

Anyone who was up here for the good shake we got in 01 got a mild taste.

I was on the seventh floor in downtown Portland, in a conference room with clients. I immediately shouted 'under the table' but still had to grab the arm of one person that just sat in his chair thinking about it. We could feel the entire building move, and it was even more obvious looking out a large conference room window at the building across the street. Later, someone asked 'would the table really have saved us?' I told them 'not it the building collapsed, but it was sturdy enough to protect us from the drop-grid ceiling and light fixtures had they fallen. And that would have left us in one piece to navigate the stairwell.'

As it turned out, I was the only person in the room that had ever experienced a significant earthquake before. Despite years of duck and cover instruction, I was surprised at how slow people moved when it was so obviously an earthquake.

Ok, I'll admit I'm a shorts wearing, flip flop equipped grunge on the weekends and after work.

Same here. You won't see me fleeing my home in the face of disaster without boots though. I can't believe how all these people seem to be caught completely off guard.

I " ONCE HAD 1 FRIEND " ok I am lying. Anyhow JD was born and raised San Fransicko . He had first hand adult experience with the quake in 93 was it.
Good friend man...miss him. I took from him one of his famous lines. He told us folks stood in door ways in a quake was not for strength but so you had a choice of in or out. Makes sense....he said his neighborhood street looked like a sea of asphalt with a 3' wake.
He and his family escaped California 1996 . HE LIVED/LOVED OREGON SO MUCH IT WAS HARD TO GIVE HIM THE CALIFORNIA TREATMENT BUT I DO IT EVERY CHANCE I GET.

I was on the seventh floor in downtown Portland, in a conference room with clients. I immediately shouted 'under the table' but still had to grab the arm of one person that just sat in his chair thinking about it. We could feel the entire building move, and it was even more obvious looking out a large conference room window at the building across the street. Later, someone asked 'would the table really have saved us?' I told them 'not it the building collapsed, but it was sturdy enough to protect us from the drop-grid ceiling and light fixtures had they fallen. And that would have left us in one piece to navigate the stairwell.'

As it turned out, I was the only person in the room that had ever experienced a significant earthquake before. Despite years of duck and cover instruction, I was surprised at how slow people moved when it was so obviously an earthquake.

Sadly this seems to be the reaction to so many people. No matter how many times they are told, when it happens they stand there with that deer in the headlights look. Same thing happens with almost every mass shooting. People sit in a corner, often for long amounts of time, waiting their turn to be shot.

I " ONCE HAD 1 FRIEND " ok I am lying. Anyhow JD was born and raised San Fransicko . He had first hand adult experience with the quake in 93 was it.
Good friend man...miss him. I took from him one of his famous lines. He told us folks stood in door ways in a quake was not for strength but so you had a choice of in or out. Makes sense....he said his neighborhood street looked like a sea of asphalt with a 3' wake.
He and his family escaped California 1996 . HE LIVED/LOVED OREGON SO MUCH IT WAS HARD TO GIVE HIM THE CALIFORNIA TREATMENT BUT I DO IT EVERY CHANCE I GET.

I have been through many of them here but the one in 01 was the first time I got to see that "ground moving" thing. It was not as bad here as that one that CA had but it was an unusually long one. While I was out in the front yard I could see the ground rolling. it was the strangest damn thing I have ever seen in my life. Noise all the homes were making was also something I will never forget. Most of the homes here were built around 50's. The sound of stuff groaning was amazing. It was so loud I was expecting to see stuff falling down. It was why I stood outside for a little waiting to make sure. Apparently sounded worse than it was since we seemed to suffer no damage.

im hawaiian(though looking at me youd never guess). i was born to wear "flip flops" as many call them.:p

Yeah - almost always have a spare pair of walking shoes or hiking boots in the car.

I see some reports of gun shop looting in Texas - but very few reports of any looting in the MSM.

Now reading reports of price gouging in Florida and surrounding areas - even the airlines are doing it. Some are charging $6 to $8 per gallon of gas or more. Doubling rates for rooms and so on.

I almost always have enough cash for several month's worth of food (besides the food I have stored which is several months worth) and other supplies. Other bills (mortgage, electricity, etc.) get paid automatically.

I have a 55 gallon barrel of gas almost full and a number of 5 gallon fuel cans usually at least partially full of diesel or gas (I have a diesel truck). Need to fill up the kerosene can.

I see some reports of gun shop looting in Texas - but very few reports of any looting in the MSM.

Now reading reports of price gouging in Florida and surrounding areas - even the airlines are doing it. Some are charging $6 to $8 per gallon of gas or more. Doubling rates for rooms and so on.

I almost always have enough cash for several month's worth of food (besides the food I have stored which is several months worth) and other supplies. Other bills (mortgage, electricity, etc.) get paid automatically.

I have a 55 gallon barrel of gas almost full and a number of 5 gallon fuel cans usually at least partially full of diesel or gas (I have a diesel truck). Need to fill up the kerosene can.

This again always leaves me shaking my head. When I turn on the news and hear about massive lines and stations closed or out. OK the news has been wall to wall on this damn storm for how long now? So masses of people wait until there is a panic then run down to get gas? I have always kept enough gas here to fuel the cars if we needed to bug out for some reason. I also as a habit fill up at about half. My main car will go about 400 on a tank. When I see I've driven about 200 I hit the station on the way to work. I find it real hard to feel bad for people who wait till the last second to try to get a room or buy gas and such. It was no different when the last gun & ammo panic. People yelling about AR's and scalping. Many of them would get real mad at me on another forum. I would say you wanted an AR so you waited till there was a panic going on? Then complain about the price?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top