JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When hunting with a 44 magnum you have to be very careful, the 44 magnum is the most powerful hand gun in the world and could blow that deers head clean off. :s0114: sorry, I could not resist Dirty Harry is my favorite movie.

dirtyharry.jpg

I shoot a S&W model 29 6.5" that I purchased new back in the early 70s. I load it with 21.5 grains of 4227. Not a max load but the S&W handles it well and it drops em dead if I do my part. My brother shoots an early Redhawk and loads his to 25 grains of 4227. Both of us use 240 gr JHP for hunting. His Redhawk can handle the extra foot pounds and shows no signs of over pressure. Both have taken their share of game up to 350 pounds. Approach these and other loads with caution, slowly work up to what your handgun can handle.

I had a redhawk I bought new in 84. I got rid of it a while back and recently picked up a 629 with 8 3/8" barrel I loaded up some Hornaday 240 xtp jhp over 23.5 gr of H 110. This is a middle of the chart load in the new Hornaday book.

Plan on testing it on sat. Hope for good accuracy as this pistol was made in 1982 and has a very smooth trigger pull.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top