JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys
I've been back in my native Idaho, for more than a few months, after ecaping the
Turdeson quagmire in WA state for 20 years.

Const carry and some real flag wavinf folks here, but also some real Demorats and other freedom grabbers.

However, Hunting and Fishing abound, and I came across an ad here on the webiste from a giy in Orofino, where my parents live.

He had a G40 for sale with Trij RMR> Grea price, but I wonder if a RMR or Red Dot is legal in IDaho, on a pistol?

I currently run a new Kimber TRLE railed 10mm for Hunting. Didn't want the Remington Hunter..as the
Government model sized Kimber is still a bit for me to pack.

So , I also bought a XDM OSP in 10mm, but don't think that the RMR pistols are legal here in ID?

I have a couple PPK/s pistols for sale, and thinking about selling the OSP as well. Need a smaller
Compact XDM 10mm for carry when I don't feel in a Glock 29 Gen 4 mood.

Myself, having an unfired XD-s Mod 2 9mm, and have owned about 5 XD-S, XD Mod 2 pistols in 9mm and .45 ACP. Only have about 20 rounds through the OSP, but Really like the trigger and tall sights. Very accurate for
the short ranges that I practice at. Not bad on a 50 yard target either. WE don't have much open space here in McCall, and Short Range season.

Being able to legally hunt with an RMR would be awesome.

I'm still after a G40 or a 6 -inch Dan Wesson Bruin by August, and am submitting my application for black bear (spring) controlled hunt today.

I think they changed the laws in Idaho to allow lighted reticles and red dots in 2007. You just can't use a device that projects the light onto the target like a laser.

This is all I could find in the regs. I bet if you called them up, they (hopefully) would know for sure :) I didn't see anything mentioned specifically for 'short range weapons'

Good luck!

WEAPON RESTRICTIONS
Rifle, Shotgun and Airgun In any hunt, including any-weapon seasons, it is unlawful to pursue or kill big game animals:
• With any electronic device attached to, or incorporated in, the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top