JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those times when I need to be weally , weally qwiet....:D
Andy
DSC06040.jpg

Grouse has always been on the top of my list. I drew my black powder tag again this year. It's my number 2 favorite.
As I run around hunting grouse. I can usually figure out. Where theres the least amount of people.
Come September. We should start a " share your grouse thread " I dont think we are the only to brush chicken junkies here.

I used to get pretty excited about Sept 1st coming. Grouse and doves, oh boy. Here we shoot all manner of upland birds and big game. Some shoot ducks and geese, but the places one can go for that are limited. Even less people shoot doves... I don't get it, marinated dove is pretty darn good! My old bozz used to accuse me of shooting songbirds. :eek:

I'll push you in a wheel barrow and you can roll with the shotgun;)

Game regs prohibit shooting from a vehicle!!!!! :p

It's funny, my wife put a no hunting within a mile of our house limit on me too;)

When I lived over on the other side of the Grande Ronde valley, I had an acre on the edge of Union, a small town, pop 2100. We had pheasant and quail in the yard. Though I loved hunting them out in the field, I liked seeing them in my yard more, so no shooting. :)

However, we had a 60' x 100' garden, and if I had wabbits in there, I would clean them out with the compound bow I owned. :mad:

Last Edited:
I will be, like No_Regerts, living vicariously through you all, I have spent my life stomping through the woods, shot more deer and elk than I can count, with bows, rifles and muzzleloaders. But this last fall I was injured severely, had to learn to walk again and am in constant pain, I don't see how I will ever be able to get out in the woods again, but hey that's why I have all you, to relive the fun times!! Good hunting and may all you all, tag out.

I'm primarily a small game / upland hunter, but I do like to target bears as well.
No bears yet this season, but I did take granddad's old .22 for a walk this evening.
Got a little cottontail for the frying pan.
I cant wait for upland bird season to start!

View attachment 608179
This is why going duck hunting might be a challenge for me. I am keeping an open mind, but I look at this bunny and I don't think fry it up. I think this bunny was on its way somewhere and now it ain't. And then I'm showing a house today and what do I find in the back yard... his buddy and it wouldn't stop starring at me! How do you find your focus?

I drew Eastern Oregon elk this year and will go if I can get time off work. General season deer on the west side will also likely happen.

But since I am the worlds worst or unluckiest hunter, having hunted since 1998 with nothing but grouse and duck to show for it, it will likely be just another year of taking a rifle for a walk in the woods...

it will likely be just another year of taking a rifle for a walk in the woods...
Most of my hunts end up being a hike with a cool old gun....so you are not alone here...LOL
With that said...there is much truth in the old a saying that :
A bad day hunting is better that a good day at work...:D
Andy

This is why going duck hunting might be a challenge for me. I am keeping an open mind, but I look at this bunny and I don't think fry it up. I think this bunny was on its way somewhere and now it ain't. And then I'm showing a house today and what do I find in the back yard... his buddy and it wouldn't stop starring at me! How do you find your focus?

Just think of it as grocery shopping. Every piece of meat at the store came from a live animal. I'd rather take an animal that has lived freely than an animal tortured in a factory farm.

For me it was lots and lots of hunting videos on YouTube to desensitize myself. The series Meat Eater was very insightful as well

The rabbit was indeed on his way somewhere....
But he is a prey animal...Hawks , coyotes , cats and dogs , may have also ended his life that day as well.
Far better for the rabbit to end up on a dinner plate or feeding another , then to have been hit by a car , and left along the road to die.

To hunt , is to take an actual , active , part in the life cycle around us....not just being a passive observer.
In turn one needs to understand and respect the life that one hunts.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads