JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So August 1st , bear season starts here in Washington...which in turn gets me thinking 'bout hunting season in general.
I myself look forward to September 1st and the start of Small Game Season....that means that I can go out after grouse , my favorite game to hunt.

Be that as it may....To all you hunters here on the forum...
I wish all of you a safe and successful hunting season this year .
Andy

Grouse has always been on the top of my list. I drew my black powder tag again this year. It's my number 2 favorite.
As I run around hunting grouse. I can usually figure out. Where theres the least amount of people.
Come September. We should start a " share your grouse thread " I dont think we are the only to brush chicken junkies here.

Was driving around a couple weeks ago in the coweeman unit and saw a big mama grouse with 3 chicks.
I guess they were more teenagers, but was cool to see.

Reminded me to keep blasting those mangy coyotes when I see em. They can really put a dent in the grouse population

September 1st will be here before we know it.
Happy hunting

Grouse has always been on the top of my list. I drew my black powder tag again this year. It's my number 2 favorite.
As I run around hunting grouse. I can usually figure out. Where theres the least amount of people.
Come September. We should start a " share your grouse thread " I dont think we are the only to brush chicken junkies here.

You got me too. I actually found some places last year where I shot some limits. It was pretty cool!

BUT, I have a torn achilles and won't be huntimg this year. I'll be living vicariously through you all!

You got me too. I actually found some places last year where I shot some limits. It was pretty cool!

BUT, I have a torn achilles and won't be huntimg this year. I'll be living vicariously through you all!

I'll push you in a wheel barrow and you can roll with the shotgun;)

Will be good excersise for packing and elk out should I get one:p

I'm primarily a small game / upland hunter, but I do like to target bears as well.
No bears yet this season, but I did take granddad's old .22 for a walk this evening.
Got a little cottontail for the frying pan.
I cant wait for upland bird season to start!

IMG_20190812_201025_604.jpg

Good size bunny there Blowgunner...
I like rabbit , but most of the ones I see 'round here are just too damn small to bother with....
That said...rabbit fried up with bacon , taters , corn and onions is a excellent meal.
Andy

Good size bunny there Blowgunner...
I like rabbit , but most of the ones I see 'round here are just too damn small to bother with....
That said...rabbit fried up with bacon , taters , corn and onions is a excellent meal.
Andy

I have hundreds of those damn things in my yard!! Damn things eat my wifes flowers and bring the coyotes in but the wife won't let me shoot them. Something about bad juju shooting an animal on our property! :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top