JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a remmy .308,,,

F23F3F9C-8B6A-4249-A19F-0546DCA8AD41.jpeg

I think they inlet for tikka now if you go through there custom stocks. But by the time you do that you can almost get a McMillan.

McMillan keeps the EDGE Compact in stock on their website for Tikkas now. I ordered a couple the other day. It said "in stock". Been a few days and still no shipping confirmation.

HA! As I'm b!tching about this, the tracking email pops up. Nevermind.

One of my favorite hunting rifles. Sporterized m1917 that I found locally. The stock was custom made for the guy that owned it before me. I had to reshape it to fit me, but it's damn near perfection (for me) now. It was modified to cock on open and I installed a Timney and I did the coil spring ejector mod, refinished the stock and installed the red pachmayr. I also added a pre 64 model 70 extractor on it, as I like the looks of that extractor better than the m1917. This rifle has gone on many hunts with me and has been one of my "lucky" rifles in the field...
RNLp0Q8.jpg

It has an older American made gloss Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle and it loves 200gr Nosler partitions:
OHS2XU1.jpg
There's not much stopping that bullet. Works great on deer and elk...

One of my favorite hunting rifles. Sporterized m1917 that I found locally. The stock was custom made for the guy that owned it before me. I had to reshape it to fit me, but it's damn near perfection (for me) now. It was modified to cock on open and I installed a Timney and I did the coil spring ejector mod, refinished the stock and installed the red pachmayr. I also added a pre 64 model 70 extractor on it, as I like the looks of that extractor better than the m1917. This rifle has gone on many hunts with me and has been one of my "lucky" rifles in the field...
View attachment 628006

It has an older American made gloss Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle and it loves 200gr Nosler partitions:
View attachment 628007
There's not much stopping that bullet. Works great on deer and elk...
What's your load data? I am shooting 200 grain accubonds out of my 30-06.
200 accubonds
winchester brass
Cci primer
53.3 grains h4350
Velocity is 2535

Tikka 06, 2.5-10 bdc. 168 ttsx
Good job on the bull. Looks like you put that bullet right where it needed to go. Speaking of that bullet, how did it do performance wise? How far was the shot? The reason I ask is because I have a buddy that wants to use the 175 LRX in his 300WSM, but was also looking at the 168TTSX... I loaded him up some 165 TSX and they were shooting 1/2" groups consistently and I told him I'd just run those. As accurate as they are, it takes a lot of the guesswork out of it....

Good job on the bull. Looks like you put that bullet right where it needed to go. Speaking of that bullet, how did it do performance wise? How far was the shot? The reason I ask is because I have a buddy that wants to use the 175 LRX in his 300WSM, but was also looking at the 168TTSX... I loaded him up some 165 TSX and they were shooting 1/2" groups consistently and I told him I'd just run those. As accurate as they are, it takes a lot of the guesswork out of it....

I love Barnes. I shot 130 ttsx in my 270. 168 in the ol 06. And 129 Lrx in the 6.5 CM.
I have 6 bulls and a cow with the Barnes. Should, lung, heart and neck shots.
Closest is under 60 yards, furthest is close to 400. All pass through. All but one are one shot kills. The shoulder shot didn't hit vitals. But still went through the animal.

I was looking at 165s when 168s were out of stock. Contacted Barnes to see what the difference is and here is the reply. Also, I Told them they need to have this info on. Their web site.

The 0.308" 165gr TTSX is a shorter ogive than the 0.308" 168gr TTSX. We offer both for different cartridges to work within SAAMI COAL limits. The 308 168gr works well in the 308 WIN and 30-06 which allow more exposed bullet to be seated out further. The 165gr was designed for cartridges more like the 300 WIN MAG which require a shorter ogive to work within SAAMI limits.

When handloading, you can use either in a 300 WIN MAG just realize with the 168/175gr that you will need to seat it out a little further that the SAAMI max COAL and check proper fit and function in your particular firearm.

They all function to similar velocities. The 168gr and 175gr LRX will open up at a lower velocity (around 1600 ft/s) than the 165gr (around 1800 ft/s). For best performance we recommend keeping impact velocity a few hundred feet above this minimum.

Thanks

I love Barnes. I shot 130 ttsx in my 270. 168 in the ol 06. And 129 Lrx in the 6.5 CM.
I have 6 bulls and a cow with the Barnes. Should, lung, heart and neck shots.
Closest is under 60 yards, furthest is close to 400. All pass through. All but one are one shot kills. The shoulder shot didn't hit vitals. But still went through the animal.

I was looking at 165s when 168s were out of stock. Contacted Barnes to see what the difference is and here is the reply. Also, I Told them they need to have this info on. Their web site.

The 0.308" 165gr TTSX is a shorter ogive than the 0.308" 168gr TTSX. We offer both for different cartridges to work within SAAMI COAL limits. The 308 168gr works well in the 308 WIN and 30-06 which allow more exposed bullet to be seated out further. The 165gr was designed for cartridges more like the 300 WIN MAG which require a shorter ogive to work within SAAMI limits.

When handloading, you can use either in a 300 WIN MAG just realize with the 168/175gr that you will need to seat it out a little further that the SAAMI max COAL and check proper fit and function in your particular firearm.

They all function to similar velocities. The 168gr and 175gr LRX will open up at a lower velocity (around 1600 ft/s) than the 165gr (around 1800 ft/s). For best performance we recommend keeping impact velocity a few hundred feet above this minimum.

Thanks
Awesome information man. I really appreciate that. Thank you

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class