JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for another brave soul to hunt cougars with. I have a hunting license, and tag. I'm a vet, have common sense, can shoot straight, and get out into the woods at least once a week. If you're interested let me know. I'd prefer someone local to hillsboro, or further west.

I'd also like to meet the person beforehand so I don't get christ kyled out in the woods.
2035_cougar_engelien_odfw.jpg

You may have some trouble finding someone to partner up with unless you are willing to take them to your spot. I have been burned twice over the last couple of years and refuse to take anyone to my honey holes. You take a "friend" to your secret spot, tell them to keep quiet about it and the next thing you know you"ll be rolling up to the gate one morning just to find them getting out of a rig with one of their buddies. I will pass on some advice. As much as it pisses me off, I recommend you get a Weyerhauser access permit when they become available. It opens up A LOT of land for you.

Hunting mountain lion , takes time , patience and luck.
Often it is a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Knowing what to look for in the way of "Sign" and lots of scouting will be a big help here.
Andy

I know for sure one of them was...as when I saw it, it was staring at me, not at my call.

Also, don't move your head, only your eyes. If you call one in, it will just appear. The most startling thing for me was...it looked like a clown mask staring at me. Sounds strange, but that was my first thought, "what the heck?!?!? How did that clown mask get there?" Then it turned and was gone. Tracks in the snow, was the only reason I didn't start second guessing that it even happened. An hour of sitting perfectly still in the snow, two seconds of disbelief, and poof! Gone...

having hunted lions with dogs alot, here in Oregon you don't really hunt lions. You happen to find a lion, I have done it once. Usually its dumb luck. They are scared of you, until they decide they aren't anymore, then who knows. I have lions all over my property. Have yet to kill one. When this nutjob state gets tired of losing money because hunters are tired of buying tags to go on a hike and not see deer and elk, they will then allow dog hunting again. Then and only then we will control the population. These nice little lovable kitties were on my property. I usually get 3-4 pics a year of cats. Cats have no home territory, they go where they want , eat whatever they want. No natural enemy.An adult will kill a deer or elk a week.
And yes they eat great!!

IMG_3547.JPG

20200607_140857.jpg
What animal would pull up a plant from its roots, and drop it in the middle of the road?

I have also seen a big bubblegum bare footprint in this same area as well.

I'm a brand new hunter, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm pretty sure you'd need opposable thumbs to grasp the base of this plant and pull it out of the ground, and toss it onto the middle of the road where I would see it. Kind of like a hey I'm here gesture I think. I do frequent this area a good bit 20200607_140854.jpg

I know for sure one of them was...as when I saw it, it was staring at me, not at my call.

Also, don't move your head, only your eyes. If you call one in, it will just appear. The most startling thing for me was...it looked like a clown mask staring at me. Sounds strange, but that was my first thought, "what the heck?!?!? How did that clown mask get there?" Then it turned and was gone. Tracks in the snow, was the only reason I didn't start second guessing that it even happened. An hour of sitting perfectly still in the snow, two seconds of disbelief, and poof! Gone...

Those beasts are the absolute masters of stealth it sounds like. Makes me worry about calling in coyotes without something to my back

View attachment 707816
What animal would pull up a plant from its roots, and drop it in the middle of the road?

I have also seen a big bubblegum bare footprint in this same area as well.

I'm a brand new hunter, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm pretty sure you'd need opposable thumbs to grasp the base of this plant and pull it out of the ground, and toss it onto the middle of the road where I would see it. Kind of like a hey I'm here gesture I think. I do frequent this area a good bitView attachment 707817

06687002-076E-4B4B-B22B-F2BCA514C9A5.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads