Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hunting Near Carlton

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by gallogiro, Oct 22, 2009.

1. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

Hello,

Anyone have any info or experience hunting near Carlton? I was talking to a friend and he was telling me there is an area where you can go in to hunt but you have to check in at the gate before allowed to enter. And something about having to be out by 5pm. He went there once with some friends but does not remember exactly how to get there.

Was this guy full of s*#t or is there such a place out there? lol. I'm thinking of checking out another area. There hasn't been much luck in the Abiqua basin for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. sinco54

sinco54 Portland OR Member

This guy, were his eyes brown?

3. SJS46

SJS46 yamhill county Active Member

That would be the Stimpson lumber gates, there is one access by Hagg lake and one out around Grand Ronde there may be more but i don't think so. I personally haven't hunted Stimpson property but have alot of friends that do i normally hunt BLM land around the Nestucca area (Trask Unit).

4. theduke

theduke NW Member

1 entrance by the south end of the lake & 1 off Hwy 6 towards tillamook from banks about 10 miles out. Check in ck. out by dark or be locked in till morn.

5. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

+1 on the Abiqua Basin. Drew a hair tag and took my son out, we saw two grouse, did a lot of road hunting/ mushroom picking due to his young age and didnt even see any fresh tracks but elk tracks.

6. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

Something will pop out. I've seen a lot of does but no bucks. I already hunted the ochocos but i help the old man do some drives, armed with a GPS and good boots. Plenty fun and a good workout. Thanks everyone for the info on carlton, i'll start saving some coordinates.