JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

Anyone have any info or experience hunting near Carlton? I was talking to a friend and he was telling me there is an area where you can go in to hunt but you have to check in at the gate before allowed to enter. And something about having to be out by 5pm. He went there once with some friends but does not remember exactly how to get there.

Was this guy full of s*#t or is there such a place out there? lol. I'm thinking of checking out another area. There hasn't been much luck in the Abiqua basin for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

That would be the Stimpson lumber gates, there is one access by Hagg lake and one out around Grand Ronde there may be more but i don't think so. I personally haven't hunted Stimpson property but have alot of friends that do i normally hunt BLM land around the Nestucca area (Trask Unit).

That would be the Stimpson lumber gates, there is one access by Hagg lake and one out around Grand Ronde there may be more but i don't think so. I personally haven't hunted Stimpson property but have alot of friends that do i normally hunt BLM land around the Nestucca area (Trask Unit).

1 entrance by the south end of the lake & 1 off Hwy 6 towards tillamook from banks about 10 miles out. Check in ck. out by dark or be locked in till morn.

+1 on the Abiqua Basin. Drew a hair tag and took my son out, we saw two grouse, did a lot of road hunting/ mushroom picking due to his young age and didnt even see any fresh tracks but elk tracks.

+1 on the Abiqua Basin. Drew a hair tag and took my son out, we saw two grouse, did a lot of road hunting/ mushroom picking due to his young age and didnt even see any fresh tracks but elk tracks.
Something will pop out. I've seen a lot of does but no bucks. I already hunted the ochocos but i help the old man do some drives, armed with a GPS and good boots. Plenty fun and a good workout. Thanks everyone for the info on carlton, i'll start saving some coordinates.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top