JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My and my buddy both took the online hunter ed class, and then passed the range session as well. We got a post card in the mail saying we passed and that we can buy our licenses.

I am a little confused on how this works now, where do you buy a hunting license or is a "tag" a license? If they are different how long is the license good for?

Thanks!

how old are you? not sure of wa. regulations but in oregon a hunting license is good until the end of december of the year issued. tags are issued on a per species basis and are only good for a specific time period. good luck

Your hunting ED class should have explained all of that. Id go to your local sporting goods store and get a copy of the hunting regulations, all of them, then read it front to back. If by some chance you violate the law, Ignorance is not a valid excuse.

my hunter ed class the WA hunter was a waste of time because its outdated and dont waste my time until the new one comes out. so are there some new rules coming out or does the old one have my answers..

Last Edited:
It doesn't matter what age you are, you have to start somewhere. You have taken the first step towards becoming a hunter. As posted above, become well versed to applicable laws and rules concerning what and where you intend to hunt. Your license is valid for the year that you purchase it. Say you purchase a 2011 licence, it is good for this year. You are required to apply for, and or purchase various tags for various species. A hunter education class isn't a waist of time as they also focus on safety in the field and home while handling and being around firearms,,, never a waist of time! Congratulations on joining the ranks of those that choose the pursuit of game, it can be very rewarding indeed. Just a side thought, the hours spent in the field hunting are not counted against the hours allocated in one's life, they add to it.;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top