JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here plan on doing any hunting in the Wilson unit this fall? I have never hunted there but have been doing some scouting over the summer. I have found a lot of bear and cougar sign and a bit of elk sign when I've been out hiking. Anyway, I'm not trying to get your secret locations:D but any info on areas to avoid might help. Dang it's steep out there. Does anyone know which company owns the large patch of land at the top of Larch Mt. road?

At the top of Larch, hunt the standard grade rd. The owners of the property keep the gates closed so you'll walk or Mt. bike in. If you get something down and need to drive in to get it out you can ask the owners or reps if you can drive in, they’re pretty cool and will probably let you. They park in 3 or 4 trailers near Blue Lake. There are some big nasty bulls up there but be patient. Find a high point, glass a lot, spot your animal then get after it. It aint easy but oh the rewards.

Good luck.

does anyone know if the gates are open during hunting season up there near blue lake. Which timber company owns the property? And which people are in the trailers up there? thanks in advance, still trying to get my first elk, wow its hard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top